It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mc Donalds for Pyongyang

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
McDonalds? Sonic?

If you come to the Midwest, please enjoy a Butterburger Deluxe from Culvers.

It'll change your life!

If Lil Kim ate a Butterburger, his head would phucking explode.

edit on 4-8-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

www.culvers.com...
edit on 4-8-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

That burger needs to get to Flavor Town, then Kim Jong-un is set!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I disagree. North Korea has an economy of some kind. Their economic trading on the foreign exchange sounds limited with all their trade sanctions over the years. Its kinda sad to hear the average North Korean is smaller than the average South Korean. Malnutrition has been a factor over the generations and where has it got us?

How NK interacts with the world banking system does have Libya written all over it. The work on the boarder factory sounds like a good start, been rocky though. Getting standard accounting principles and management practices is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Good evening,

I speak somewhat conversationally fluent Korean these days (it's been about 5 years since my DLAB and DLPT in Korean) and I only bring that up because the average American seems to have a strangely elevated opinion of anyone who served, which is another topic. It was just to set the stage that I know a lot about the 'Koreas' and her peoples.

I was on the WWW
for a while last week and I found these absolutely fascinating photos.
www.hyperactivz.com...

But anyway; the point of this reply is the fact that, even if they had a McDonalds in Korea , they would not be able to afford to eat there.

Even if they could, it would be forbidden.

And three, what is the point of this thread exactly?

I love Australians, but I think you sir, the OP need to do some research?

Sarcastic question mark, point, by the way.

Do you even know that the majority of buildings in Pyongyang, or Pyeongyang, depending on your romanisation, are empty?

I really hope your McDonalds for Pyeongyang was a joke.

What the defectors really like is American BBQ:

nextshark.com...

You may not know , but the average Korean can only eat meat about once a year. Usually from a slaughtered old cow or pig. And that is even forbidden because they are supposed to give it to the military.

I shudder to think what would have happened to my friends and coworkers (I also taught in Korea) if the US had not supported South Korean troops in the Korean War. The whole peninsula would have been effed.

You think North Korea is bad? Think about a whole peninsula of millions of people like the North.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I have not been to North Korea, so thanks heaps for your perspective.

A restricted local economy is even more of a reason to feed in some international trade and help guide it to a more balanced and level economic playing field. Starting with a food outlet like Mc Donald's is more in reach for the general population than many other companies. Sure many wont be able to afford it for a while, if it can hold then hopefully in time more will be able to.

Sudden and drastic changes to any local economy can be more detrimental than doing nothing. Slowly engaging the NK economy to the international standards is going to help it get back on track quicker than the ongoing sanctions and isolation. It is the people and community that I am thinking about.

If Kim likes basketball then I am sure he would be open to the idea. Trying to end this culture of hate is no joke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join