It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start A New Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There has never been a better time than now to start a new company.

While this may seem odd to post in the Health & Wellness part of the forum, i believe it is actually an integral part of being Healthy and Well.

Not by the fault of anyone person are the bastions of enterprise of yesterday are disappearing. Entire segments of the economy, because of technology, are reshaping everything we know about business. This chaos is playing out its final dance before our eyes. I don't know if it will be a crash all at once, or a continual decent into madness, but at some point, the picture will be evident and clear to all. We are in the midst of a new Renaissance.

Much like the Black Plague wiped out much of known humanity back in the Middle Ages, debt coupled with greed and inefficiency, will be the driving force behind removing the "Power" from today's clergy..The Banking/Corporate conglomerates. I cannot really say what will happen in the middle, I hope of course nothing, but as far as what comes out on the other side, will be a re awakening for all when it comes to knowledge and self sufficiency due to technology becoming more independent of those that mean to simply profit off of it.

Some Examples:

3D Printers - These are going to/already are knocking out the need for traditional manufacturing. The future will see companies spawning that can build entire buildings, perhaps even sky scrapers, for what I can only imagine is hundreds of thousands, if not millions, off of the cost per project. Then you have Cars, replacement parts for things, etc. These truly are mesmerizing and will bring a new dawn of technology to the modern, everyday home.

Electric Powered Bicycles - Yup, these are likely to become major. Already we see Pod type vehicles that are not necessarily cars, but might closely resemble as such, but are actually pods. An Electric Bicycle offers some incredible benefits to urban dwellers over traditional vehicles due to the size and of course, cost, of use. 28 Mph or higher can be achieved with as little as a 48kw motor.

Solar - This will only become more popular as a supplement or entire replacement in certain applications to traditional, and subject to hacking and failure, power grids. Entire building facades can be redone to absorb and power buildings using low power bulbs and lighting. It will only make sense that this is the direction to go as it offers to most security to any location requiring an almost closed loop type electricity system. To any place that traditionally is sunny vs heavy rain, a tiny investment in this compared to the overall cost of what tenants pay to have it provided is enormous.

Trash Waste - The World they say is polluted, but one mans trash is another mans gold. As having been a scrapper myself 7 or so years ago, it's not a bag gig, but you must be persistent. Enter land fills. These are filled with high intensity debris that contains gold, silver, copper, etc. ABS plastics and other material that when sorted properly can be both composted, used for energy, and in the case of the metals, re used in industry applications where it will be desperately needed.

Etc.

These ideas are only some of the example I can think of, but perhaps you can add your ideas as well. The future is bright and as always it is Darkest just before the Dawn. The best path to a healthy financial future for yourself and your loved ones is to start a business. As an owner myself, it really takes only a few things. Planning, Execution, and Follow up. You wont please everyone, but you will get the best results with these 3 being repeated.

It really is the best time ever to get started. Don't let fear hold you back either, that is not a healthy mindset to be in. It will only cripple you and leave you with regret later on. If you are looking to Jump, do it! do it now! as Arnold would say. You must! For I can tell you, even the companies I compete with, are not at all the capable, nimble, and ear to the ground giants you may perceive them to be. It is evident all around that things are changing and you must change with it. Don't let the consternation of the day be on your mind. Focus instead on what makes you happy and do it. There is no other way to explain it. We're all afraid to fail, but no one really fails, until you give up hope.

Jump! It may be a perfectly good Air Plane, and the uncertainty is truly nerve racking, but it will be an experience like no other you will ever know.

Jump!
edit on 3-8-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thats nice and all, given the ongoing spewing of toxins into the environment, the deforestation, the chemical fertilizers and genetic manipulation of food, the pollution and depletion of ground aquifers, the enormous population explosion, and endless war for remaining resources, when all added up, these things tend to negate a 'new renaissance' or whatever you called it, insuring a huge die off instead.

Not that the earth wasting mega corporations seem to mind, they are focused on their profits at the expense of everything and everyone. The problem with that is this time its 'Global' not isolated to one hemisphere or region of the Globe.

Everytime a civilization falls the survivors move somewhere else and start over. There is no place to go anymore that won't be polluted or destroyed with the effluent run off from our civil-ized society.
edit on 3-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I advise you all figure out how to turn your usually money pit hobbies into cash flow models. That that is precisely the way to think towards hobbies. Throw it like a pineapple hand grenade, and then follow the money angles.
edit on 3-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Those are all things that sum up why the Renaissance is happening. All that you speak of are creations of a different age and we are entering into a new one. Even War is obsolete. What happens to an armies capability to fight when hackers have destroyed the means of funding it entirely? Missiles being able to be hacked via satellite and exploded on the ground or lasers destroying them in the air?

None are reasons to give up anything and certainly not the idea of starting a business.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Running your own business doesn't make you healthy and well... it drives you star craving mad, and you never get a moments rest.

Only if you are a CEO of a corporation does owning your own business seem appealing.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are 100% correct.

I love working with my hands-this caused untold issues while growing up. Taking things apart that my parents did not want taken apart.

Early on I think around 14 I started building retaining walls and cleaning bathrooms-I did not like the bathroom stuff.

Then I did general contracting right after high school.

Then HVAC school and skilled trades for my 9 to 5.

Now I own a property dev company and have passive income from leased properties.

Life is about to change in unexpected ways.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Even War is obsolete.

Mmm-kaaay

War is more defined and developed than ever, people that wage it are ever more convinced they can win because of their hi tech weaponry. This leads to more war, not less... as we see.
edit on 3-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling and BB code

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Running your own business doesn't make you healthy and well... it drives you star craving mad, and you never get a moments rest.

Only if you are a CEO of a corporation does owning your own business seem appealing.

Entrepreneurship has its long work hours but it takes perseverance and dedication you getting your ideas into market and (hopefully) getting paid for them. True that, rare moments of rest.

Being CEO is just a title and nothing more. You will still be running around getting your ideas around into the market and maybe you will make money. See Entrepreneurship.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The entrepreneurial world is still a viable course to take. Thanks to the web. and technology, your office is on your phone or laptop, no need for brick and mortar space.
I just sold 3 of my LLCs to my employees so I can pursue another enterprise and place all that capital in one corporation.

I am also pulling all my assets out of the market. Trump is poised to pop the current bubble and it's going to devastate a lot of small businesses and some not so small, retirement accounts and believe me, there are going to be causalities. bigly I'm not going to experience another O8, blessed to have options this time around. Don't say you weren't warned....

My advice, if you have any disposable funds, is to invest in covfefe related enterprises. Perhaps open up a little covfefe kiosk at the mall....
edit on 3-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: eXia7

Entrepreneurship has its long work hours but it takes perseverance and dedication you getting your ideas into market and (hopefully) getting paid for them. True that, rare moments of rest.

Being CEO is just a title and nothing more. You will still be running around getting your ideas around into the market and maybe you will make money. See Entrepreneurship.

I'm 5 years deep into my own business, its long hours, no free time for a social life, and you're constantly worried about money. Then comes the entire aspect of hiring help, and growing your business. I'm already stretched beyond my limit, and I'm in the process of starting a second business on top of this.

Not to mention the various taxes/regulations imposed on small businesses... it's not all glory, a lot of it is thankless work that only you will appreciate. Don't get me wrong, I rather be working for myself than somebody else, but its not all rainbows and unicorns. Lol. Most people can't even comprehend the difficulty of running a business until you're already heavily involved. Also, a lot of people don't have the drive/ambition it takes to run a business.. if it were so easy, then everybody would be doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

3D Printers - These are going to/already are knocking out the need for traditional manufacturing. The future will see companies spawning that can build entire buildings, perhaps even sky scrapers, for what I can only imagine is hundreds of thousands, if not millions, off of the cost per project. Then you have Cars, replacement parts for things, etc. These truly are mesmerizing and will bring a new dawn of technology to the modern, everyday home.

The problem with 3D printers is they need someone who's competent with CAD and unless you are one yourself so there's 10k right there, not to mention the loss of thousands of manufacturing and fabrication jobs that 3D printers will kill. Alternative energies are mos def the safer option as it requires skill, labor and like 3D printers, expertise. it's one thing to build a coffee cup with a 3D printer at home, but creating a turbine for a new hydroelectric dam takes time and money, and fossil fuels.

edit on 3-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

You should not be in a business that you don't love though. The raving mad parts must also reconcile with the incredible joy parts.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

No you don't.

You need the designs that were submitted and maybe designed in CAD. The print requires just the file itself. Need a new car? Download one today! That's the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

No It's not.

War is the sloppiest thing I have ever seen anymore. Not one mission ever goes right anymore, #'s breaking down everywhere, The populations of the World are now armed to the teeth making occupation impossible and War itself just a stupid idea that is expensive.

We are heading to a new age of Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I love your story.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: eXia7

You should not be in a business that you don't love though. The raving mad parts must also reconcile with the incredible joy parts.

In today's day and age, you don't get the luxury of "being in business for something you love" I'm in business to make money. Not have a wonderful experience. Not everybody can get the greatest jobs, or enter the best markets. Sometimes you have to enter a market that you can afford to get into.

You won't find many successful business owners that don't stress out at some point in their career.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

No It's not.

War is the sloppiest thing I have ever seen anymore. Not one mission ever goes right anymore, #'s breaking down everywhere, The populations of the World are now armed to the teeth making occupation impossible and War itself just a stupid idea that is expensive.

We are heading to a new age of Peace.

Yah, "Peace" of the grave. This video shows the height of technological development, its not even war so much as just total destruction, in an eye blink.

Thousand year old Afghan village, meet the US airforce.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
SPAM
edit on 4/29/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join