It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberia - Does The US Have a Duty?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah, they are both shameless. I guess that get a thrill out of trying to tell America what to do.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Yeah, they are both shameless. I guess that get a thrill out of trying to tell America what to do.

Freddie, anyone,

The US is far from perfect ok? I admit that, plus alot of others things but if this is a humanitarian or such, then I have no problem but its not being 'labeled' that way and I just find it hard to choke down just 'who' the motivators are....sorry. Then on top of that, you got folks thinking and claiming that we are going there for OTHER freakin reasons.........like the US really wants to be there!?!? Diamonds, 'black' gold, etc.....BS!!! I know this is a conspiracy site but geezus......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
seekerof, you are preaching to the choir. No matter what America does, their motivations will be called into question and their actions criticized. I thought after Iraq America sent a clear message to the UN and to France that America doesn't give a rat's ass what they think, but yet they are trying to tell us what to do in Africa.

Taylor is a brutal thug and it would be nice to see him go. From what I read, it would be an easy operation for America to boot with little resistance. But it still gets on my nerves that the French and UN have the gaul to try to order America about.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Dumb question for Leveller

What is levelling, Leveller?

Sorry MA. I should have made myself clearer.
The problem as I see it in Africa, is that the people who live there exist at two extremes. The Haves and the Have Nots.
There is no inbetween.

Africa seems to be more caught up in the quest for power in it's nations than any other continent.
Individuals can take over countries relatively easily with armed force and plunge populations into darkness.

They are able to do this because there are too many extremists. There are the Haves and the Have Nots. There aren't that many people who have a bit of both who can soberly judge which direction is best.

The fact that there is no middle ground - no level ground, where opposition to tyrants can grow, means that a viscious circle is probably all that can occur until somebody points them in the right direction.

When I say "levelled", I mean "even out".

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the united states should stay out of africa altogether. it's europe's problem. they started this mess by colonizing africa years ago. therefore it's there mess and they should clean it up. im tired of seeing the US cleanup other countries messes.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think africa could definately use some shaking and some PR.
I'm tired of our aid getting funneled to crimelords and not to the people,

I'm not saying to invade, but it definately could use some attention.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join