It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's an "Anomaly"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Brother. Post away, and I think we all understand how cathartic posting can be.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Oh, but I feel I am failing so badly now.

Yes, she's still here, but I've seen the pictures, the MRI 'slices'. Maybe they're wrong. I sure hope they are!!!

I don't know.

For right now I'm just in shock. Earlier today seemed like such a nice day, not so much anymore. Horrible in fact.

Turn your whole world upside down...just that fast.

Your NOT failing , youre human and its how we act when something happens to those closest to us .

The shock is hard but you can . and will beat it .

When two souls like you and your wife are joined together as you are nothing can split them , you are both forever together .
You will always be part of each other .

Had day like that five years ago when lost the only family I have - my daughter . Got through it so I know that you can get through this .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't know where you live, but there is a BADASS neurosurgeon in Oklahoma City who operates on "inoperable" brain tumors (not saying your wife has a tumor), has done many hundreds of them, and 90% of the time is able to remove more than 97% of the tumor- no matter where it is in the brain. He is amazing. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with fatal brain cancer in March- he had a tumor larger than a softball in an area of the brain that is supposedly impossible to get to. He operated on my brother-in-law (does what is called an "awake craniotomy") and removed ALL of that sucker! All of it!

My brother ended up passing away a few weeks ago, but it was due to damage caused to him before we found this badass neurosurgeon. This guy gave us 3 months with our loved one which we wouldn't have had if he hadn't operated.

If it turns out it's anything that needs to be removed, private message me and I'll give you his info
edit on 2-8-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Back in 1989 I had a severe head injury (no brain injury). High energy, extreme collision. The amount of attention to a potential brain injury was stunning, even during and after (7) surgeries to fix my scalp. I was picking shards of glass out of my scalp for 10 years afterwards (they said some of it would never come out).

One of my best friends fell off a 4 foot ladder and wound up with a severe brain injury. He couldn't even recognize his own brother after the accident. I tried to rationalize his injury compared to mine. I should have died...he should have just sprained his ankle. The roles were completely reversed. That's how completely bizarre head injuries are!

This is not an injury. It's worse. It's a dark spot, a big one. Even with the illuminating drugs...a dark spot.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just over reacting to it all, but given my own personal experiences....I'm worried.

It doesn't help that I was an EMT for a while... injuries were the worst. When the brain is compromised the issues which follow are truly awful. So, again, maybe I'm over-reacting, BUT...

... my most important person in life is worth every bit of over reaction, err on the side of caution and care!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Please PM me the name of this surgeon!

I would greatly appreciate it!

Money is no option!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Peace and prayers to both of you, you seem like a strong dude. Now is they time.....for her.....your little bear, be strong!!may God strengthen your body and mind, I believe in you love for her. You da man FCD!!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

She is "Little Bear"...and I will go to my grave with that name.

When we were first married her parents thought it was some kind of a cutesy 'pet' name. Then they didn't like it, after a while...they thought I was saying she was fat. Like a "bear".

One day I called a dog we had "hey, Bear"...and she said "WHAT? That's MY name!" "Never call anyone else by that name!!! That's MY name!"

So, Little Bear, it is. She's not little (well, she's short), but she definitely is a bear.

She fears nothing. This scares me the most.

So, here I sit, scared to death...the "bear" is sleeping in her den with the puppies.

????

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Hey man, I am so sorry you have all these unknowns and fears to deal with now. I will add my prayers to the chorus for you and your wife. Now go and get some rest.. step outside and breathe maybe.. you haven't heard anything yet so why agonize?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks.

Maybe you're right.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Hey sending strong love your way and especially for your lady.

I will definitely be praying. All the best.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Prayers for you and your wife. Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Aw man.....I'm sorry you are both going through this.....not knowing and waiting for medical results can be torture...I know she is your world .....im not a doctor, but if she's having vision and tingling problems, That sounds like neurological or nerve damage ....sometimes these issues can be controlled with medication . So do not panic ....and wait to see what it is......also, I have read several holistic articles regarding baking soda ( and a few other ingredients combined ) being used in the shrinking of brain tumors and sometimes completely dissolving them. ....there may be an article or two on that on ATS...otherwise there's a lot out there on teh internet about it...also, There is a doctor in Fort Lauderdale Florida that is now using baking soda formulas to cure his cancer patients ...and I'm not saying your wife has cancer ... Just saying the baking soda formula works. ....but on a different note....hug your wife tight in bed tonight. I can't imagine what is going through her mind and emotions...I know she's tough, but....she needs you right now. ...I will send you positive healing energy and prayers tonight .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You and your wife have my thoughts and best wishes for a good outcome.

Try to wait for a proper diagnosis and prognosis before you think the worst ( easy said I know ).

Meantime you two should do some of the things that bring you both joy !!

All the best.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Prayers sent!! Whatever the issue, healing can happen, and miracles. Stay strong, and keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I may just ramble on here for a while, so ignore me.

I'm sorry for posting this at all. Yes, it's a personal issue and I probably should just shut up and keep it to myself.

I guess I could do that, just steel up and act like I don't care, but I'd be lying.

I DO care...and I'm concerned.

In any case, just ignore my ramblings tonight. Probably just as well.

Don't do that. I know many here consider you family. Never struck me as one to complain.

She's your wife, you can be as tough as you want but a complete wreck when you love someone dearly and you're worried about them. You go on and ramble all you want.

Wishing you both the best.

Keep good thoughts in your head.

Try not to drive yourself crazy, may be nothing. You having been an EMT may be messing with you more than you know. Brain stuff is scary. It's scarier when you don't know what's going on, but you know what the worst case scenario could be.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

It might no be 'operable' but otherwise treatable with radiation or chemo therapy. So far its just an 'anomaly'. Have they determined if its benign or malignant yet?

Quit scaring yourself (and her), try and remain neutral, until you find out their whole analysis and treatment 'options'.

Yah, bummer sitting on your hands, but do it, she needs your strength now.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

FCD.

Your wife, and your good self are, automatically upon receipt of this news, and even if you had not asked, in my prayers from this day until some resolve to the situation is found.

I can entirely understand your frustration, fear, anxiety and all that comes with it. Understand though friend, all that you can do for her, is be there for her and present in the moment. I am sure that she knows that any threat which has a face and limbs would fall aside from you like so much weed before a scythe blade, that no being or group thereof would be safe from your fury, were they to pose a threat to her person. But this is not one of those threats. This is something beyond your capacity to effect in even the slightest way, and the only thing you can do for her, or for that matter, for yourself, is to love her as you always have, and stand by her.

And I am sure that this is what you intend to do, but rest assured, its all you CAN do, and all that your wife will be expecting. Hold fast to that. Waste not a single moments energy in anything else.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Does she drink diet stuff or anything with aspartame? I had a girlfriend with symptoms somewhat like those and they cleared up after a while when she stopped ingesting stuff that had it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

Please PM me the name of this surgeon!

I would greatly appreciate it!

Money is no option!

Absolutely I will give you his info! Seriously, we had four different neurosurgeons tell us that there was no way in hell to remove any more of this massive tumor, because it had spread to areas of the brain too difficult to get to and too dangerous to go near. But this badass man that we found went in and got it all. And, my beloved brother--in-law got better after this guy removed the tumor, meaning he didn't cause any damage by going near those sensitive areas. He and his team do extensive testing on the patient before surgery- they have the patient do certain activities both physical and mental and map those responses, and then DURING the surgery he has the patient do those same activities, so if his responses are lessened or not working, etc, he knows he's in an area he needs to leave alone. He's incredible. You wouldn't believe how forcefully all these other guys told us that getting this tumor out without severe damage was impossible. THEY WERE WRONG.

If we had known about this guy when he was first diagnosed, my brother-in-law would still be with us. So- take heart! IF the anomaly is even anything to be worried about- and it may not even be!- then just know that there is a neurosurgeon out there who can help! Hes done HUNDREDS of these successful surgeries.

One thing- could you PM me first? I csmt figure out how to send you a message. I'm on my phone and its wacky. PM me and I'll reply with his info.
edit on 3-8-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Having had a wait for a diagnosis for my Stepdaughter a couple of years ago I feel for you .

As someone said to me a the time "It feels as if you're not in control of your life."

It is a horrid position to be in but rest assured , your Wife will be everyone's first priority .

She will need you by Her side during and after this so keep yourself healthy and be the wonderful Husband you obviously are .

Sending very best wishes from Wales .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join