It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP issues first-ever travel advisory for a state: Missouri

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

KANSAS CITY, Mo. _ NAACP officials say their recent travel advisory for Missouri is the first that the civil rights group has issued for any state.
But the warning follows a recent trend of similar alerts issued by other groups for vulnerable people around the United States.
The travel advisory, circulated in June by the Missouri NAACP and recently taken up by the national organization, comes after travel alerts began appearing in recent years in light of police shootings in the U.S. and ahead of immigration legislation in Texas and Arizona.
The Missouri travel advisory is the first time an NAACP conference has ever made one state the subject of a warning about discrimination and racist attacks, a spokesman for the national organization said Tuesday.

NAACP issues first-ever travel advisory for a state: Missouri

I'm...speechless. After the Ferguson insanity, etc., the bat-# crazy rioting and looting by African-Americansthat went on for so long and with such violence that the National Guard was called in...the NAACP feels the need to warn black travellers in Missouri? Have I stepped through the looking glass?

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Wait, that isn't to warn whites they have a high risk of being attacked and not getting representation afterwards?

edit on 2-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
LOL, I knew I would find someone to act as if black peoples concerns were some sort of fairyland tale. what do you know, it was the original post. Let me list a few things white people have done to me over the years:

pissed on me
jumped me
accuse me of theft
follow me around stores
ask what im doing here
ask white people why their with me
call the police on me for breaking into my own car
call me 'n-word'
threaten me

could go on. BTW. F the naacp and blm. They do not represent 99.9 percent of black people.

Your speechless but most likely dont do anything to make america great again for all of us

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
I'm...speechless. After the Ferguson insanity, etc., the bat-# crazy rioting and looting by African-Americansthat went on for so long and with such violence that the National Guard was called in...the NAACP feels the need to warn black travellers in Missouri? Have I stepped through the looking glass?

hiya, i lived in st louis for ten years. your take on ferguson is wildly distorted. that area of st louis is infamous for harsh, unfair policing against residents of color. the city has actually been found liable for their practices.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The same group that fired a women who identified as an African American, but they said she was white. And she resigned because the NAACP said she was a distraction from the work. Very judgemental.

NAACP leader resigns; accused of lying about race

Rachel Dolezal, president of the NAACP chapter in Spokane, Washington, resigned Monday amid allegations of lying about her race.
She stepped down in a statement that did little, if anything, to suppress the storm brewing around her and her family. Dolezal's parents, who are white, allege that she has been presenting herself as black when she is not.
www.cnn.com...

Allowing the race people identify cause a distraction like the NAACP does is sad and so 20th century.

edit on 2-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
LOL, I knew I would find someone to act as if black peoples concerns were some sort of fairyland tale. what do you know, it was the original post. Let me list a few things white people have done to me over the years:

pissed on me
jumped me
accuse me of theft
follow me around stores
ask what im doing here
call me 'n-word'
threaten me

could go on. BTW. F the naacp and blm. They do not represent 99.9 percent of black people.

Your speechless but most likely dont do anything to make america great again for all of us

Well, that really opened a dialogue. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I could make my own list of violent and or/discriminatory situations that happened to me because of my skin color, but it wouldn't be very constructive. The point was, is this the new thing? NAACP saying "Don't visit X state!" and ramping up the fear factor, fueling the very violence and bigotry they're supposedly trying to protect people from? Where does this # end?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

she is white

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik

pissed on me
jumped me
accuse me of theft
follow me around stores
ask what im doing here
call me 'n-word'
threaten me

I had other species do stuff to me.
For instance I had a chicken poop on my sidewalk and a dog licked my hand.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes, it is too dangerous for you to come here now because the state aligned their legal standards with the Federal ones for discrimination, so if you think Missouri is too dangerous, then you better get out of the country because it's legal standard is the exact same.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

She identified as an African American. Who cares what color she is---Oops the NAACP does.

link   

well saying they basically shouldnt give people the heads up based on past actions of others sounds like you dont care if there is a threat or not. your just complaining for whatever reason

link   
Isn't missouri the meth capital of the world? I did basic training at Fort Leonard Wood and was briefed about mobile methlabs.

I went to St. Louis and had fun, rolla just for kicks, immediately turned around.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

if I told you im white , i dont think you would believe me or accept in because im not. So your point is pointless

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Do you want me to get into all the things the black kids did to me and my white colleagues when we presumed to think we could teach them in an inner city school?

One of my colleagues was physically assaulted and got a concussion because the kid threw a trashcan at her from behind. It hit her in the head and knocked her out temporarily.

I had smoke bombs thrown in my room. My room was trashed. I was shoved down and pushed against the wall. That's only the start.

These were kids.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: riiver

hiya, i lived in st louis for ten years. your take on ferguson is wildly distorted. that area of st louis is infamous for harsh, unfair policing against residents of color. the city has actually been found liable for their practices.

I may not have phrased that as well as I ought to have. I was referring to the looting and burning itself as a response, not to the legitimacy of their grievance.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Funny that the National association for the advancement of colored people would even consider the color of someone. They know what discrimination feels like.
edit on 2-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

if the hat fits wear it

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

LOL,no

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So you are claiming with that we should not have wanted to go help kids out because they needed teachers who were willing to go in and try to help them?

Or are you just saying that because they thought we must be racist, we then had to be?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
so basically the naacp should not have warned that people of color may find trouble when they travel to a particular place. ok makes sense LOL. Such a horrible thing to do

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join