It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House admits no phone calls from Boy Scouts or Mexican president

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: joshysway

What is wrong with this guy? Doesn't he think that the press will follow-up? That's the President of Mexico is unaware of Trump's claims and that the Boy Scout Head is too worried about his AT&T merger to challenge Trump?

When he lies about things this small and petty, how can we ever trust him to tell us the truth about anything?

If he's convinced his supporters that the media is fake and or trying to run a campaign against him, nothing they say about him will matter.

The media are the ones that convinced me they spread fake news. All it takes to figure it out is to read beyond the headline. Trump just brought it to everyone's attention and caught on with the people that took a non bias look at it.

Yeah? No #.

The media has always had bias.
I'm talking about this pervasive idea that 100% of everything that paints trump in a negative light is completed fabricated and can be tossed aside without any consideration.

While he exposed it to the larger masses, all they've done with it, is use it to discredit that with which they disagree and reinforce their own beliefs.

So only the right use the fake news label to reinforce their beliefs? Pretty sure the term fake news was coined by the left. But, I'm just a dumb trump supporter that believes everything the man says, so you may want to verify that info.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

When he lies about things this small and petty, how can we ever trust him to tell us the truth about anything?

How did you trust your King Obummer?
So Trump lied about the Boy Scouts and the Mexican President calling him? I couldn't care less.
But I would bet there is some truth to it like Huckabee-Sanders said about it......it wasn't phone calls.
Trump is a braggart, it's no secret to anyone...at least that is what I thought. Maybe you guys didn't know it?
There are certain things you let slide when people don't tell the truth about something....you know, kind of like you guys did when Obammy said "you can keep your doctor" and "the ACA penalty is not a tax"
Or when Criminal in Queen Hillary said "we were under sniper fire" and "I never sent or received any material that was marked classified"
It's the old Leftist double standard....fake outrage over something that was done 100Xs over by many of your own and nothing was said about it then.

The most depressing thing is that 'journalists' would want to follow up every off hand bragging point that the President makes. I mean seriously, why is there such a focus on who called who and who said what???? I have never seen a media so hung up on process in order to catch someone out.

As for Trump he is his own worst enemy sometimes. His standard reply to the press should be 'no comment' - or 'call the press office'. If you keep leaving sh** outside your front door then the flys will keep landing to eat it.
edit on 3/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah, he didn't recieve the call, however it even states he talked with them in person, of which did happen. To include the Mexican President at the G20. Most likely caught up in the moment about the applied communication. No water off our back.

This is the type of thing that leads me to very strongly believe that Trump is moving into a serious stage of senility. He cannot recall if he heard things in a call, or in person. I don't know if he is even lying, or if his dementia has all of his memories confused and jumbled together. His speech patterns have markedly changed in just the past few years, and now he cannot complete a sentence, rambles from topic to topic, and cannot stay on message even when reading a scripted speech. His grasp of simple facts is slipping, and his anger and paranoia is off the charts.

I have sadly seen this behavior in my own family as grandparents got into their 70's and 80's. It is no big thing for most older folks, and hopefully they have family and friend to help out. But with Trump this is getting serious.

Maybe his cabinet should consider the 25th amendment remedy to this national problem.
edit on 3-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Hilary clinton is a liar.

Nancy pelosi is a liar.

John mcCain is a liar.

Donald trump is a liar.

But only one of them is president.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Once again another liberal using a liberal paper for answers,doesn't anyone check the source,of course not the youth of today have no idea what the truth is,then these liberals make posts whing because others don't agree with them,waste of time

So are you saying that Trump did not lie about the boy scout call? About the Mexican call?

Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm officially starting a Facebook page called Lying Trump (suggestions?) and these two moments will be the opening memes.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

A 'non-bias' look at it. That's rich. That true hilarity right there.

Yep, a non-bias look. I'm unsure what's funnier, that you think media hasn't spread fake news or that you can determine whether or not I legitimately looked into the spreading of fake news with a non-bias stance. You must be one of those that think you're better than me because I'm just a deplorable Trump supporter? Is that why you think I'm not capable of doing research?

Are saying that it is fake news that "Trump lied about getting a call from the boy scouts congratulating him on his speech", or " that the Mexican call" was also a lie by Trump or both?

Or are you saying that Trump's press secretary lied when she admitted that neither call happened?

Or, should I assume that you were not discussing either of the lies, and want to discuss an unrelated topic to "deflect" from the OP's topic, because...well, I will not assign a motive to your response.

But if you could clear up some the questions I posed above I think it would clear up the meaning in your post, and avoid having other folks putting words in your mouth.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I see a positive side to all this....

Salesmen selling products are doing a happy dance seeing all the gullible Trump supporters that have no discernment of truth and lies.

"yes sir, this little unit only has 30k miles on her and gets 75 mpg"

" yep, it's an iron clad warranty, good for the life of the vehicle"

"just sign here son, you're not gonna find a better deal anywhere"

Good point. If I was selling over-priced junk the first thing I would want is the Trump voter roles for cold-calls.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yes, and no one is cheerleading for any of those turds but the bottom one on the list..maybe the biggest liar of them all..the guy who campaigned on being not like the others.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What is wrong with this guy? Doesn't he think that the press will follow-up? That's the President of Mexico is unaware of Trump's claims and that the Boy Scout Head is too worried about his AT&T merger to challenge Trump?

If he's convinced his supporters that the media is fake and or trying to run a campaign against him, nothing they say about him will matter.

The media are the ones that convinced me they spread fake news. All it takes to figure it out is to read beyond the headline. Trump just brought it to everyone's attention and caught on with the people that took a non bias look at it.

Yeah? No #.

The media has always had bias.
I'm talking about this pervasive idea that 100% of everything that paints trump in a negative light is completed fabricated and can be tossed aside without any consideration.

While he exposed it to the larger masses, all they've done with it, is use it to discredit that with which they disagree and reinforce their own beliefs.

So only the right use the fake news label to reinforce their beliefs? Pretty sure the term fake news was coined by the left. But, I'm just a dumb trump supporter that believes everything the man says, so you may want to verify that info.

You read a lot of words that I didn't write.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am not defending anyone but...

Do any of you know who the head of the BSA is? He is the CEO and Chairman of ATT who is locked in a DOJ battle right now about the 85 billion dollar take over of Time Warner. ATT has also promised 22 billion in new jobs and infrastructure to the current administration.

I think the entire thing is BS and the media should look into whether the WH may be covering up the fact Trump talked to Stephenson which I would think the media would run with more as him kissing the POTUS ass for help with the deal.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hoping we get audio.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Have you recently been exposed to a glowing meteorite? Are you also starting to jump ever increasingly high? Can you lift a small car on your own yet?

So it bothers you that people actually like Trump?

Quick question to everyone else. If you don't like Trump, respond by saying me. Just say me. Nothing else. Don't add anything else. Just say..........Me.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

...annnnnnnnd......AT&T was one of the largest donors to Trump’s inaugural committee, giving $2 million in cash contributions and $82,483 in-kind donations for mobile equipment/software, according to The Hill.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join