It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House admits no phone calls from Boy Scouts or Mexican president

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

NEW YORK — Faced with a firm denial from the Boy Scouts, the White House on Wednesday corrected President Donald Trump’s claim in an interview that the head of the youth group called him to heap praise on a politically aggressive speech Trump delivered at the Scouts’ national jamboree.

After the Boy Scouts issued a statement saying no such call happened, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed their take but said “multiple members of the Boy Scout leadership” approached Trump in person after the speech and “offered quite powerful compliments.”

chicago.suntimes.com...
edit on 2-8-2017 by joshysway because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

All the strong leaders lie about how much people love them. It's also a sign of character and integrity.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And yet if you take an opinion poll on ATS, Trump has super high approval ratings! ATS loves BS, apparently.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What is wrong with this guy? Doesn't he think that the press will follow-up? That the President of Mexico is unaware of Trump's claims and that the Boy Scout Head is too worried about his AT&T merger to challenge Trump?

When he lies about things this small and petty, how can we ever trust him to tell us the truth about anything?

edit on 2-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I mean. At least now we can officially call him Lying Trump. Can't wait for one of the candidates in 2018 to use his demagoguery against him.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You can't trust him at his word. Most of us know this and have known it for a long time now.

I personally don't trust the people who haven't yet figured it out either.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What is wrong with this guy? Doesn't he think that the press will follow-up? That's the President of Mexico is unaware of Trump's claims and that the Boy Scout Head is too worried about his AT&T merger to challenge Trump?

When he lies about things this small and petty, how can we ever trust him to tell us the truth about anything?

If he's convinced his supporters that the media is fake and or trying to run a campaign against him, nothing they say about him will matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How did you trust your King Obummer?
So Trump lied about the Boy Scouts and the Mexican President calling him? I couldn't care less.
But I would bet there is some truth to it like Huckabee-Sanders said about it......it wasn't phone calls.
Trump is a braggart, it's no secret to anyone...at least that is what I thought. Maybe you guys didn't know it?
There are certain things you let slide when people don't tell the truth about something....you know, kind of like you guys did when Obammy said "you can keep your doctor" and "the ACA penalty is not a tax"
Or when Criminal in Queen Hillary said "we were under sniper fire" and "I never sent or received any material that was marked classified"
It's the old Leftist double standard....fake outrage over something that was done 100Xs over by many of your own and nothing was said about it then.
edit on 2-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yes.

Trump lied.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All politicians lie, but most spin far more than they lie.

Trump, on the other hand, appears to be an impulsive liar. You literally can't trust anything he says. If he told me the sky was blue, I'd have to check to be sure it hadn't changed colors.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well at least he didn't say he got the call while under sniper fire.
That's a real no no.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's a real no no.

pft!

That's okay to the leftists.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I remember, (back during the campaign) Trump telling his supporters that if he got elected, they were going to win so much, at so many things, that they were gonna get tired of winning.

Somehow, I must have missed the speech where he told them how tired they were gonna get of the continuous flow of lies he was gonna be telling.

I find it hard to believe that Trump is able to convince any credible person to even consider accepting a position anywhere in an administration who's Commander In Chief is a bonafide pathological liar.

Who would want to deal with his stupid s#*t faced lies day after day?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Trump seems incapable of having a relationship with the truth. I can't recall one time he told the truth in any meaningful way, that can be verified. That is, unless we're talking about Freudian slips and private "locker room" talk.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah, he didn't recieve the call, however it even states he talked with them in person, of which did happen. To include the Mexican President at the G20.

Most likely caught up in the moment about the applied communication. No water off our back.

Now, compared to Prelosi referring to Trump as Bush, twice.

Slip ups happen, oh noes, impeachment him!!

Lol, chillout on the hit pieces.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Slip ups happen, oh noes, impeachment him!!

OK.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Look how amazing it is...
They can't not defend him...

It's like they're under a spell or something.

And they wonder why they get called a Cult.

The psychology of it all is outstanding to watch.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I beg your ####ing pardon?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's a real no no.

Hillary and Brian Williams, an embed, both remembered something that "never happened"......wink wink

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Regardless of how I feel about the man, I'm really happy to be alive in this era. Getting to see how people behave, commanded by one man. It's especially fascinating being able to see his supporters and opponents voice their deepest thoughts. The tribal mentality with Trump supporters is really something mind blowing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join