It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN goes after Trump's promise to restrict steel from China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In the 2016 election, private investigators hired by Democrats discovered Trump used Chinese steel to build his hotel just like every other developer does, and claimed Trump lied when he campaigned to restrict steel import from China.

www.newsweek.com...

Now CNN goes after Trump for wanting to use American steel instead of Chinese steel, saying Chinese steel is better for America, American steel sucks, American steel workers suck, America should use Chinese steel not American steel.

www.cnn.com...

Geez man. Let's see how much money China stuffed into the pockets of CNN.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Just give it a bit more time and see what China and Russia pull off .Germany will move away from the US to join the Silk Road and that goes East .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

For those of us who build and rig, and do other things with steel, we will use Chinese steel. But if we value life, we wont use any fastener (made from steel), from China.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can I ask whether the information in the article is factual or not? I don't know because you didn't quote anything and I don't want to give CNN ad revenue by clicking your link. Could you possibly quote where the article says the things you say in your post? Because from here it sounds like an emotional and hyperbolic rant.

CNN flip flopping on the issue isn't surprising either, what more can you expect from them? They're paid to do that sort of thing to create controversy and controversy sells these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

CNN White House Reporters got their butts kicked today in the WH press conference today. Everyone on CNN's payroll is a TRAITOR to America. I would not grieve one bit if something "unfortunate" happened to any of them.

edit on 8/2/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I sold fasteners for years and know about the counterfeit grades that were produced in China .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Silk road isnt possible without India, and they lean to the US.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think they are a part of the BRICS and if they want to cash in on the program they will move away from the US influence .India wants to tap into the energy and be a part of what is going by on their door step .But this is politics so its anyone's guess at the end of the day . eta

India is strategically significant. It borders other nuclear states and provided access to significant resources which the locals have trouble using for their own benefit. Its growing economy has also encouraged it to play a larger role in global affairs, and lay down terms for friendship rather than having them imposed upon them. So this is a country the West wants to keep onside, and out of the grip of “the enemy”, whether that is perceived as Russia or any other nation. Logically, any trade deal between India and Russia should therefore arouse Western suspicion. But these already strong relations are only improving, and there seems to be little comment about what Vladimir Putin might be trying to achieve through his involvement in India.

Defence cooperation should be even more concerning to the West, but apparently not. Russia has recently signed agreements to build even more planes and ships for the Indian armed forces, and again there have been no threats of sanctions against either side. According to the logic of Western geopolitics, accepting Russian assistance makes India part of the enemy camp. But the West is apparently happy to accept India’s position as the “strategic autonomy” it describes it as, rather than a hostile act. Why is India allowed to do what Ukraine, and many other countries on the periphery of Russia, are not? Smiling in your face The main reason India gets away with playing both sides is that it won its freedom after a long, hard but mostly non-violent struggle. As Ben Kingsley’s Matatma Gandhi said in the multi-Oscar winning film, the British came to “see the wisdom of leaving“. journal-neo.org...

edit on 2-8-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I sold fasteners for years and know about the counterfeit grades that were produced in China .

Grade 8 = Grade Ain't

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They were ain't for sure . I think some of the socket head products were coming in below grade 5 .Freaked a lot of people out .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN White House Reporters got their butts kicked today in the WH press conference today. Everyone on CNN's payroll is a TRAITOR to America. I would not grieve one bit if something "unfortunate" happened to any of them.

IKR, Steve Miller totally ripped Jim Acosta to shreds. That was so funny. Than the black lives matter had to put her two cents in. lol I was like, seriously...lol
edit on 2-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Silk road isnt possible without India, and they lean to the US.

I think that the term "silk road" refers to trade with the far east. I do not believe they still use an overland route with the camels, and all that stuff, anymore. They have these big ships now that are really pretty safe and can carry much more than a camel.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Though you could use this update "HISTORIC SHIFT IN GEOPOLITICAL ALIGNMENTS: INDIA AND PAKISTAN JOIN SHANGHAI COOPERATION ORGANIZATION (SCO) " southfront.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Its really about road rail and sail when you look at the bigger plan

Over recent months I have often written about the potential of China’s strategic One Belt, One Road Eurasian and Asian infrastructure Great Project to act as a global economic transformer toward positive, sustained economic growth. It’s becoming clear by the day that strategic economic planners in Beijing have been working out specific details of how best to use the new high-speed rail infrastructure project spanning the vast space of Eurasia from Beijing across Russia and the states of the Russia-led Eurasian Economic Union including Kazakhstan, Armenia, Belarus and on to the west to include, so far, states of eastern and central Europe. A series of recent agreements by Chinese companies in Kazakhstan gives a hint of the economic boom being planned. journal-neo.org...
You can search NEO site for " Silk Road " and get quite a few pieces to the bigger picture . It is massive .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Agreed. Rail is quicker, and is approaching parity in cost to cargo container shipping. However the high speed rail lines on the new "silk road" rail lines go north through Kazakhstan and Russia, not thorough India.

new topics

top topics

join