It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll. Presidential Job Approval.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
They have taken over and killed ATS. I hope Trump doesn't do this to our country.. a reply to: introvert

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Approve ..

M.A.G.A

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Approve

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lol - what a circle-jerk this thread is - applause if you "approve" - get lambasted if you don't. Enjoy your echo-y echo chamber.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
Lol - what a circle-jerk this thread is - applause if you "approve" - get lambasted if you don't. Enjoy your echo-y echo chamber.

This does seem to be the main take away from this thread doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Just imagine the fall some are heading for lol. Gonna be fun when it happens

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Just imagine the fall some are heading for lol. Gonna be fun when it happens

Ach, I don't know, what's that old saying about it being the hardest thing in the world to help the victims of a con-man see that they've actually been conned?

Nobody ever wants to admit they've been the victim of a con-man. So they build up extensive false beliefs to avoid that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

They will defend him no matter what I think. I do hope the intelligent ones admit it they were wrong when if all goes down.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I approve simply for the fact that Trump is making the left absolutely destroy themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I could have told you which ATS'es approve or disapprove without a poll. This poll, like all other polls are stupid, unreliable, and usually wrong. And who gives a crap what other people think? Does anyone change their opinion based on what the majority of people think? If so, that's just sad.

edit on 3-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: Coveffe

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I would say neutral.
Some positive moves, some negative, but Trump is facing the same issues in the House and Congress that Obama did after 2010.
It's difficult to say 'approve' when the entire govt apparatus is still stuck in neutral with the driver of the car and passenger wrestling over control of the gear stick.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm glad that the illness of being a brainwashed leftist hasn't spread so wide here on ATS. One of the last few remaining sanctuaries of truth and reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Go thank Russia again....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

[post]diggindirt[/post]
Both are nautical terms. The sailors had to "Toe the line" on ships to receive their ration of grog. They had to "Tow the line" when they encountered a vessel in need of assistance. "Tow the line" also referred to the action performed by horses powering the early canal boats. You can look it up...lots of people on the internet are just as confused as you. (Who knew that History of the English Language Class would rear it's head 40 years later?

If you are "Towing the line" for a political party you are giving them some assistance. If you are "Toeing the line" for a political party you are endorsing them in hope of getting your grog.

Stop already. You're wrong. No amount of making crap up is going to make you right.

Dear Word Detective: This is something I have noticed several times recently. A presumably literate professional writer or journalist writes that someone is going to be made to "tow the line," meaning to conform, to do what he or she is told. I always thought it was "toe the line." Which is correct? --Melanie Nickel, via the internet.

You are. Incidentally, a cynic would say that you presume a bit too much concerning the literacy of professional writers. Ordinarily I have absolutely no use for the dour Grammar Cops who pitch shrieking tantrums over every split infinitive that sneaks into print. But the wholesale embrace of the dangling participle by TV news writers over the last few years is starting to drive me bananas. Sentences such as "After speaking to a group of Boy Scouts, the President's plane took off for Washington" may save precious airtime, but they are also subverting and corroding whatever structural logic the English language ever had.

In any case, you are unambiguously correct. The proper phrase is "to toe the line," meaning to conform to stated standards, especially rules of conduct. In a perfect world, for instance, any journalist who implied that Air Force One had suddenly acquired the gift of speech would be given exactly one chance to shape up and "toe the line" before being exiled to the New York Post.

"Toe the line" first appeared in the early 18th century, and there are two possible "lines" to which the phrase might originally have referred. One would be the starting line of a foot race, the mark upon which each runner places his or her foot in preparation for the starting gun. The other possibility, which I find more likely, is a line drawn on a ship's deck or a parade ground which new recruits must "toe" as they assemble in formation. I find this source more persuasive because it echoes the connotations of "order" and "obedience" that "toe the line" retains today. It is to a runner's advantage, after all, to "toe" the starting line, but a recruit being ordered to "toe the line" is very quickly learning who is in charge.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I'm glad that the illness of being a brainwashed leftist hasn't spread so wide here on ATS. One of the last few remaining sanctuaries of truth and reality.

Ahh, yes, the comfort of a sanctuary (mostly) hearing just what you want to hear.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As of now it's a no for me.

Ask me again at the end of his term, maybe my thoughts will have changed based on his presidency as a whole. I don't seem to see eye to eye with him on a lot of things, but that's life.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
He sucks up to the Saudis can only write EOs spends more time campaigning and playing golf than any other president and reads off of teleprompters. I thought Obumer was a loser for doing those things and Trumps even worse. Also, NK tests a ballistic missile weekly he does nothing but tweet and China ignores him.

Disapprove.

His office is a running joke that keeps the laughs coming, the GOP is imploding and his cultists are going bald from the stress of defending all his BS.

I approve.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Let's be honest, the only people stressing are those stuck in perpetual hysteria, fear and hatred. It's pretty unhealthy both physically and mentally, so it's no surprise why so many on the left have become unhinged and are deteriorating right before our eyes..

Breathe y'all.

Woosah..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is the problem with Trump supporters, they don't care about facts only "truthiness".
You present them with facts that conflict with their views and they simply dismiss them as lies. You're not alone, millions of people prefer to go with their gut, with what "feels" true as suppose to what actually is true. But then you do a 180 and everything Trump says is the truth, and no one can convince you otherwise lol. Which by the way astounds me, some of the stuff he says takes a quick google to know he's lying. Or "exaggerating/joking" as his ppl say. Sanders and Conway live for the age of spin politics, damn those ladies are talented, but I digress.

I think the polls are right. Most people disapprove of the work he's done, or how he has gone about doing his work. Republicans have for a year now been constantly pivoting or not answering questions about Trump's behavior. You've all heard that classic GOP line: "I will not comment on the President's tweets as we have more important things to blah blah blah..."

Republicans feared being on Trump's bad side because it meant losing his voters and their seats in congress. But now that his approval is down, a lot of republicans see a chance to finally voice their concerns over what the president does. Like telling him that policy isn't made on twitter and that until he goes through proper channels congress is just gonna ignore him. Usually they just ignore the tweets, but now they're all rightfully telling him to knock it off. The lower his approval rating is the more emboldened the republicans get in challenging him when they disagree. As we have seen recently, and if things continue this way will only get worse for Trump.

By the by, I neither approve nor disapprove. He hasn't actually done much of anything yet that can be felt by millions of Americans.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I approve simply for the fact that Trump is making the left absolutely destroy themselves.

This is what happens when you form your political opinions based on interactions with people on the internet.

Step away from the keyboard. Stop rooting against PEOPLE and start rooting FOR policies you believe will make the country better, irrespective of their impact on whom you perceive to be your enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join