It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Job Approval Rating is Now Down to 38 Percent - Even With America Booming.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
One word.

Russia.

It's the scandal that just won't go away. And his opponents are making sure of it.

He should never have signed off on those sanctions either.

Otherwise, like you point out he has achieved some good things.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

The repubs in Congress have dropped a stink bomb with their obvious sellout of the voters who trusted them with the ACA.

The skid marks stretch from their undies into his.

Swamp Republicans are a DRAG on the President, but GOP Hopefuls for 2018 are battling each other to align with President Trump, and win the election in their states next year.

Source: thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I dont like him but would ignore the personal bs if he had good legislative ideas.

He doesn't.

He has as divisive of ideas as Obama.

And I get it he is your hero so it's hard to see the truth.
edit on 2-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: Willtell

Most of that is due to Obama or other factors not Trump who may wreck all that soon with his terrible leadership

Please elaborate. Illegal immigration is down bc of Obama? The stock market is at a historic high bc of Obama? Businesses staying in America, hiring more Americans is bc of Obama? Boom in IS energy exports bc of Obama? The deficit is actually decreasing under Trump.

Obama deported more illegal aliens than any president in history!

The fact of the matter is all of Trump's bluster might backfire and cause more crime because immigrants are afraid to report crimes now because of fear of being deported

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: mkultra11

Obama deported more for sure. Because he didn't block up the court.

Trump forgot to increase the judicial system before doing his symbolic gestures.

It should be what 2175 by the time he gets all 12 million out.

That's false. They included people turned away at the border in the numbers, that's not deporting. How can anyone even defend Obama on illegal immigration.

Im not sure what you mean, but Trump is about to dominate the Sup Ct with conservative judges.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Most of that is due to Obama or other factors not Trump who may wreck all that soon with his terrible leadership

Please elaborate. Illegal immigration is down bc of Obama? The stock market is at a historic high bc of Obama? Businesses staying in America, hiring more Americans is bc of Obama? Boom in IS energy exports bc of Obama? The deficit is actually decreasing under Trump.

The fact of the matter is all of Trump's bluster might backfire and cause more crime because immigrants are afraid to report crimes now because of fear of being deported

Ok, so you have nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

I meant he has arrested too many to process through the infrastructure and it's slowing it down.

Funny trump himself is always praising Obama deportations as the most of any president.
edit on 2-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

We're still living in a USA benefiting from Obama era policies?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ok, so you have nothing.

"President Obama has moved millions of people out. Nobody knows about it. Nobody talks about it. But under Obama, millions of people have been moved out of this country. They've been deported," Trump said.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Seasonal recently posted a similar thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To which I will reiterate my answer.
It depends on who you're polling and what questions you're asking.

According to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll published Thursday, most Trump voters haven’t budged in their support of the president, with 88 percent of those surveyed saying they’d cast their ballots for the Republican candidate again if America were to go back in time to Election Day.

www.newsweek.com...

Or maybe he's just picked up 38% of democrats that didn't vote for him.

edit on 8/2/2017 by Wreckclues because: Damn spell check!...syntax too

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The only thing I can think of is that Rasmussen must be swapping out Republican poll responders, for a greater Democrat participation. No way to tell if the composition of their polling population has changed over the past 6 months, is there?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Polls also determined that Trump had no chance in becoming president all the way up to the day of the election. Yet here we are with Trump as president.

If anything, pollsters have lost all credibility and should never be trusted.
Agreed

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have no problem giving Trump credit when its do.

I think Trumps policy toward Russia and Syria is great and I have said that.

However, other issues I have criticized him for such as on health care and global warming because there he’s terrible.

I keep trying to emphasize that no one is all bad nor all good.

Trump will do some good as president but overall, imo, so far he is doing more bad than good

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

They should have expected it. It's not a big surprise.

They had one choice that was to work with dems for a crappy system. The conservatives were not going to vote for more bad policy it seems.

Curious since the Democrats literally did not need Republicans in order to screw us all over like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No I know a lot of regular old conservatives that don't like trump and are liking him less every tweet.

Got a buddy career marine conservative can't stand him and after he said the stuff about soldiers he was done. Even though he is at odds himself with some of things around Trang ender soldiers his opinion was it was unpreside tally to use troops as props without consulting the commanders.

link   

a reply to: Arnie123

I dont like him but would ignore the personal bs if he had good legislative ideas.

He doesn't.

He has as divisive of ideas as Obama.

And I get it he is your hero so it's hard to see the truth.
Yes, he is my hero, as I aspire to build a wealthy empire as he did and most important, my President, who leads this country. As American, I support this.
I will hold him accountable for BS. But none is present in my view.
You, what do you work for? family? and where would they be without the US? without American leadership.

You forget your place, the US tears itself apart, everything you've worked for will be gone. Its in your best interest to support your President.
As obummer put it, "He won and this is a democracy, therefore we must respect that rule and support the new President."
edit on 2-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

link   
Trump will get elected even if his approval is in the teens. Who else can do a better job? I don't think there is one.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The underlying data backs up some of what you're saying. Vast majority of the 62% who are UNHAPPY say that President Trump is not Trustworthy, and not very Smart.

He has yet to be caught in a major lie, and he's made a Billion dollars. Not smart? ha!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 2, 2017

This is surreal! The Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll has President Donald J. Trump with a DISMAL 38% Job Approval Rating. The lowest ever, since he was sworn in as President, just over 6 months ago.

Link to Poll: www.rasmussenreports.com...

Right now, here are the aspects of America that are important to most citizens...

1. Employment is HIGH.

2. Interest rates are LOW.

3. Gasoline Prices are LOW.

4. Inflation is LOW.

5. Stock Market - Employee 401k plans are SOARING in value.

6. No Terrorist Attacks of Significance.

7. Illegal Immigration is down 74%.

Granted, ObamaCare premiums are skyrocketing, but the President can't fix that on his own. (And only 4% of Americans are affected.)

With so many accomplishments in his first 6 months, how can President Trump's job approval be less than President Obama's was at this point?

What are Americans looking for from President Trump, to make a majority of them happy with him?

IMO, residents of most other developed countries would be THRILLED if their standard of living was as good!

-CareWeMust

(Facepalm)
Ok.
The economy is like a supertanker. Not a speedboat. It turns slowly. As a result, the current economic boom is thanks to the Obama Administration, Fairly soon any praise (or blame) can be attributed to Trump.
Next - what accomplishments? What has Trump so far achieved? Have there been any tax breaks? Has the ACA been torn down? Is there a replacement for the ACA? Has the Wall been built?
What - actually - has been achieved? And when I say 'achieved' I mean ink on a page. Legislation, voted through by Congress, as opposed to executive orders.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well luckily there are a few with prNicole left in the Republican party.

Senators are directly responsible for their constituency o er their party. Look where the votest came from and what the population needs.

Then you have guys like rand Paul or Lee who just arent going to vote Obama care lite. Bit would do a repeal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join