It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're close to the limit': Canada is getting close to "full" as refugees flow from U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Immigrants coming to Canada is nothing new, there are many around where I live.

No big deal.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

'We're close to the limit': Canada is getting close to "full" as refugees flow from U.S.

For those of you who are geographically challenged, the city of Montreal does not equate to "Canada".

Yes OP, I'm talking to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why is Haiti the USA or Canadas problem?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well the internati0nalists must love refugees. same as here. cheap labor peeps willing to work for 5 bucks an hour.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Let the Canadians understand our dilemma for a change. I believe enough of them have criticized us for worrying about this over the years.

Let them begin to comprehend the issue for themselves.

No one wants to be mean, but at the same time, a country can only support so many.

Actually its like this. US elected a bad president, ie Obama. He opened your borders. Its your job to clean this up.

What you're not entitled to do is throw your garbage (we're talking about a metaphor that is not about people here) on your neighbors lawn, because you don't want to buy tags to put on your bags at the curb.

You don't get to dump your problems, costs and clean up on others.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: ketsuko
Let the Canadians understand our dilemma for a change. I believe enough of them have criticized us for worrying about this over the years.

Let them begin to comprehend the issue for themselves.

No one wants to be mean, but at the same time, a country can only support so many.

Actually its like this. US elected a bad president, ie Obama. He opened your borders. Its your job to clean this up.

What you're not entitled to do is throw your garbage (we're talking about a metaphor that is not about people here) on your neighbors lawn, because you don't want to buy tags to put on your bags at the curb.

You don't get to dump your problems, costs and clean up on others.

Ummm...the "garbage" of which you speak...is self dumping...I really doubt that ICE and The border patrol/Immigration are deporting Haitians to Canada...

Remember last year when Canada said collectively...We'll take them...well I guess they listened...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
welcome to our world Canada.

No complaining!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's an amazing story. So basically, they're fleeing the US because they don't feel safe there after Trump lifted their protected refugee status in the US. And as well, they are afraid to return to Haiti because of conditions there since the earthquake of 2010.

I don't quite know what to make of that. I guess the US Government's position is that there's no reason they shouldn't return to Haiti?

The whole world is a mess today. Refugees streaming out of third world countries to destinations in mostly Western, first world type countries.

Interesting factoid I picked up on is that the single biggest contributor of refugees to the US in 2016 was the Democratic Republic of the Congo. You can see the countries contributing refugees to the US at:
www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I thought all the "snowflakes" were on the left coast of the USA. a reply to: seasonal

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually we took in about 50,000 Syrian refugees last year....

We also have a much smaller economy and have enough trouble dealing with our own issues let alone those of other countries. Though Trudeau will no doubt keep the flood gates open and have a long ass explanation which will lull people enough to passively accept it.

Here's an idea: How about the Clinton Foundation coughs up the 1 billion dollars it raised for Haiti and reinstate the refugees? Oh they must be too busy funnelling it into their human trafficking rings and organ harvesting...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Well looks like Trump effect is pushing Haitians fearful of getting the boot to Canada. The Haitians that were given temp protecive status in 2010 (7 years ago) due to the earthquake.

The situation started in May when United States President Donald Trump threatened to remove the temporary protected status granted to nearly 60,000 Haitians living in the country. The status had been granted in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake that devastated Haiti.

In a series of Tweets, Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre welcomed the refugees on Wednesday, calling the effort a “humanitarian gesture.”

Coderre said the city was working closely with the provincial and federal governments on the issue, and called the situation “another consequence” of Trump’s immigration politics. The city of Montreal did not return the Gazette’s interview requests on Wednesday.
montrealgazette.com...

Canada is running out of resources to receive all these refugees. What a mess, these people were pushed out of their country by a disaster and now are basically homeless.

“But I don’t think anybody has the answers,” Dupuis said. “Nobody knows when it’s going to stop. At one point I think the government will have to make a decision — do we continue to receive them, and if we do, where are the resources going to come from?”

Marjorie Villefranche, director general of the Maison d’Haiti, said she started hearing from Haitian families in New York and Florida as early as May.
Well actually they were robbed of billions of dollars by the Clinton foundation and yes they are desperate...The guy who was going to testify againt the Clinton's robbery had a fateful run in with Arkancide...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall

We also have a much smaller economy and have enough trouble dealing with our own issues let alone those of other countries. Though Trudeau will no doubt keep the flood gates open and have a long ass explanation which will lull people enough to passively accept it.

Well you the people voted him in?

Here's an idea: How about the Clinton Foundation coughs up the 1 billion dollars it raised for Haiti and reinstate the refugees? Oh they must be too busy funnelling it into their human trafficking rings and organ harvesting...

Agreed!! ..... I'm afraid I suffer from 'charity fatigue' .... charity being

a good thing in principal however even small charities today are run by

greedy unprincipled people who cream of huge sums to cushion their own

live styles.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Canada, Second largest country on the planet with a population just over half of that of the UK....and it's Full???

Yeah, Whatever Canada.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You could always stack them in the Northwest Territories like cord wood. The rest of us really wont miss them very much.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Canada, Second largest country on the planet with a population just over half of that of the UK....and it's Full???

Yeah, Whatever Canada.

I think it's more of an issue of where to put them. We need to be building up cities and housing, we don't have enough. We also need the people to build the houses .....it's logistics. And a really short building season in the northern areas, which is where we need more people. And housing......

We don't want too many homeless, in the winters, they can be cold....

We do need more people, but done in a controlled way.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Well looks like Trump effect is pushing Haitians fearful of getting the boot to Canada. The Haitians that were given temp protecive status in 2010 (7 years ago) due to the earthquake.

The situation started in May when United States President Donald Trump threatened to remove the temporary protected status granted to nearly 60,000 Haitians living in the country. The status had been granted in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake that devastated Haiti.

In a series of Tweets, Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre welcomed the refugees on Wednesday, calling the effort a “humanitarian gesture.”

Coderre said the city was working closely with the provincial and federal governments on the issue, and called the situation “another consequence” of Trump’s immigration politics. The city of Montreal did not return the Gazette’s interview requests on Wednesday.
montrealgazette.com...

Canada is running out of resources to receive all these refugees. What a mess, these people were pushed out of their country by a disaster and now are basically homeless.

“But I don’t think anybody has the answers,” Dupuis said. “Nobody knows when it’s going to stop. At one point I think the government will have to make a decision — do we continue to receive them, and if we do, where are the resources going to come from?”

Marjorie Villefranche, director general of the Maison d’Haiti, said she started hearing from Haitian families in New York and Florida as early as May.

Why don't they return to Haiti now? The Clinton Foundation has ceased shipping bad medicines there. Conditions should have improved by now.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Maybe it's time for Canadians to eat some humble pie, as painful as that might be. I say that having lived nearly 50% of my life in the USA and the other half born and raised in Canada. I'm a citizen of both countries. Let me tell you, America is not without its faults, but the amount of judgement and pure disdain that comes out of the mouths of my fellow Canadians for Americans is really disappointing. Many, NOT ALL, like to think they stand miles above their southern neighbors in the area of moral superiority and have no qualms about shouting it from the rooftop/social media every second they get. While not having had to deal with the same crises' as the USA in terms of sheer volume of people and number of immigrants, different healthcare, completely different governments. Spouting off how much better Canada is at every second while lumping all American's into some crazy redneck hillbilly group who all carry guns and have a 3rd grade education -- evident of course by having voted Trump into office.

Well my fellow, most welcoming and perfect Canadians, I guess the time has come to start dealing with some of the problems the USA has faced. Maybe we'll feel silly when we realize that it's not so easy to deal with such complex issues and maintain our moral superiority while pleasing everyone at the same time. Or maybe we won't. Either way, soon it will be time to face the music. Welcome to Canada!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Soon as they sign to OUR constitution FIRST.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join