It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're close to the limit': Canada is getting close to "full" as refugees flow from U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well looks like Trump effect is pushing Haitians fearful of getting the boot to Canada. The Haitians that were given temp protecive status in 2010 (7 years ago) due to the earthquake.

The situation started in May when United States President Donald Trump threatened to remove the temporary protected status granted to nearly 60,000 Haitians living in the country. The status had been granted in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake that devastated Haiti.

In a series of Tweets, Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre welcomed the refugees on Wednesday, calling the effort a “humanitarian gesture.”

Coderre said the city was working closely with the provincial and federal governments on the issue, and called the situation “another consequence” of Trump’s immigration politics. The city of Montreal did not return the Gazette’s interview requests on Wednesday.
montrealgazette.com...

Canada is running out of resources to receive all these refugees. What a mess, these people were pushed out of their country by a disaster and now are basically homeless.

“But I don’t think anybody has the answers,” Dupuis said. “Nobody knows when it’s going to stop. At one point I think the government will have to make a decision — do we continue to receive them, and if we do, where are the resources going to come from?”

Marjorie Villefranche, director general of the Maison d’Haiti, said she started hearing from Haitian families in New York and Florida as early as May.

(post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm sorry, my northern neighbors. Many of our cities have been under this strain for many years, and we know how hard it can be.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let the Canadians understand our dilemma for a change. I believe enough of them have criticized us for worrying about this over the years.

Let them begin to comprehend the issue for themselves.

No one wants to be mean, but at the same time, a country can only support so many.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
One of my all time favourite cities. Is it now the equivalent of a sanctuary city? At least Haitians speak French.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Canada is running out of resources to receive all these refugees. What a mess, these people were pushed out of their country by a disaster and now are basically homeless.

“But I don’t think anybody has the answers,” Dupuis said. “Nobody knows when it’s going to stop. At one point I think the government will have to make a decision — do we continue to receive them, and if we do, where are the resources going to come from?”

Welcome to reality ....

At least someone is owning up to the problems being caused by

immigration/refugees.

What is currently happening is NOT the answer.

edit on 2-8-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The disaster happened in 2010-

I am going to say it. Time to go home.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
good.. they can see how it feels for a change

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

edit on 2-8-2017 by ZeusAduro because: double post

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Don't Apologize. America owes Canada nothing! These are the ways of the world. If Canada's government can't handle being in business of governing then maybe it should go out of business.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is the reality of the agenda of the "we welcome everyone" attitude. Yes, it is nice to help out those in need, as the U. S. did after the earthquake. However, just like giving a roof, bed, and meal to someone displaced by a house fire, eventually they need to move out and go back to their home (or find a new one).

Guest status does not mean forever.

So, time for our welcoming friends up north to take in these poor displaced people and house/feed/care for them for the next 10 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

The disaster happened in 2010-

I am going to say it. Time to go home.

We are talking about Haiti. I can't say I entirely blame them for not wanting to go back there. However, if their country is a crap hole, then shouldn't it be incumbent upon them as citizens to figure out how to change that?

We will see how the Venezuelans deal with it soon enough.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Canada needs to invade the United States, and take it over, making it the 11th Province of the Federation of Canada.

If all the people in the US are already running north to cross the border into Canada, then it means the US problems can only be solved by Canada, so Canadians should "take charge" of the problems by annexing the United States of America into one nation in the North.

Just think, all the US problems would be solved, like Health Care, which Canada solved decades ago, Banking Regulations that make Canadian banks the strongest in the world, Fresh Water supply which Canada has in abundance, oil and gas independence, Food through fertilizer since Canada is on of the largest producers of potash in the world, and finally, Canada has so much land, that it will never run out of space for new immigrants.

The only thing Canada is missing, is warm weather and sunshine, which is why all the Canadians fly, drive, and RV down to the sunshine states in the US, like Florida, Nevada, Texas, California, for the winter months.

So, essentially, Canadians live in two places already, Florida in the winter and Montreal or Toronto etc.. in the Summer..

Of course, rather than an invasion, we could all just vote to remove the northern border and accept the Canadian Politicians as our own.

edit on 2-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The Haitians that were given temp protective status in 2010 (7 years ago) due to the earthquake.

Seven years ago?!

What happened to all that Clinton Foundation earthquake relief money?
www.washingtonpost.com... i-that-was-never-built/?utm_term=.b4d27be02013

Oops, sorry, just answered my own question

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Y'all up there need to build a wall.

Just wait till the illegals in the US find they will face deportation and start crossing into Canada.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Lol you know...Canada "getting over run" bu Rosie Odonnel, Miley Cyrus...that kinda refugee...for a second I checked to see if this was in LOL or Jokes forum for just that reason.

To the Op, it is a problem, but I believe relief funds were seriously and fraudulently misused. Perhaps a better use of funds could of sent these poor folks to a rebuilt home.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I fear for the Venezuelans. I have many many friends there, all good people in a terrible situation, much like Haiti in its effects but obviously political in its cause.

edit on 2-8-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join