It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren’t Democrats Supposed to Hate Monopolies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Of COURSE they hate monopolies.

Unless of COURSE it's a health insurance monopoly.

Quite a few (redlined) areas of the U.S. are under monopolistic terrorism in the form of health insurance.

Many people can't even figure it out.

Why are insurance companies abandoning specific areas of the Nation ?

Note the "Orange" parts of the map in the article:

Democrats have long railed against monopolistic practices in the market place. Indeed the bedrock of the early progressive movement was busting up monopolies and taking big businesses to court. Few political movements have done battle with well-established business interests as effectively as the early progressives.

Even modern democrats pay lip service to taking on monopolies and big business. The 2016 Democratic National platform was arguably the most anti-monopolistic platform of a major political party in recent American history.

There were planks promising to promote competition and give “the little guy” a chance against big business monopolies by cutting red tape and regulations (yes it's really in there). Promising to open up markets and make it easier for people to buy and sell “across their city, across their state, or around the world” (curiously not across state lines).

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Democrats with the except of Bernie Sanders is in the pocket of the big corporations.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Haven't Democrats run things for the last few years while most corporations collapsed into a handful of monopolies?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is thinking that "monopolies are bad" a right/left issue? I thought any relatively informed person could see the problems?

Monopolies undermine the free market, by using their power to remove the "free market" in the first place.

But lately, both ostensible "sides," suck.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The fewer companies there are, the easier it will be to collapse it all into command economy and accrue all power to themselves and government.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Democrats with the except of Bernie Sanders is in the pocket of the big corporations.

I don't know about that. Bernie rolled over and supported Hillary even after finding out she had it in for him. He's just another play-along to get-along kind of politician. Hate to say it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I don't know about that. Bernie rolled over and supported Hillary even after finding out she had it in for him. He's just another play-along to get-along kind of politician. Hate to say it.

Or he was threatened to be suicided, depending on who you ask.
Only Bernie knows the truth.

Personally, I don't trust anyone who labels their politics via party.
edit on 8/2/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Or he was threatened to be suicided, depending on who you ask.
Only Bernie knows the truth.

Personally, I don't trust anyone who labels their politics via party.

Well, there's always that. But, I'm sorry, Bernie is just another old crony politician. Far left leaning with some off-beat ideas but still a creature of the swamp.

edit on 8-2-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: emphasis

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Don't hate to say it, it's the simple truth of the matter. He rolled over and showed his throat.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Again , the oath from the Dems of Federal subsidies making up to the companies for offering cheaper policies is not being provided. Most of the larger companies are bailing out because of this . Leaving the smaller and start-ups to take over. However , these smaller companies are not . Too big of a business risk.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

First american to complain about monopolies......James Madison in the Federalist Papers. Really the father of the constitution.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Democrats only hate things when they arent benefiting from them. Super hypocritical on almost everything.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Democrats tend towards communism...
Which is obstensibly a monopoly of governance...

They only hate monopolies when it is politically beneficial...

Jimmy Carter and Bell come to mind...

Obamas attempt to usurp the free market by foisting failed ideas upon the tax assisted General Motors while his various departments targeted everything Toyota comes to mind...

Democrats are without an ethos...they are long since void of a defining message because were they to be honest with their intentions we would likely try them for treason...

At the very least they would be voted out of office...oh wait, that already happened..

Thanks again for running Hillary...that was fun

-Chris

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This story is just a piece of the bigger problem in politics today: Both sides (dems and repubs) are just wings of the same bird, and neither party truly advocates what their claimed core values are anymore. In the end, it's like melting Colby Jack cheese--sure, there are two different types of cheeses, but they end up becoming the same thing with the same flavor, and it all turns into sh*t in the end.

Yes, Dems are supposed to be anti-monopolies (as are certain federal laws), but they're not--at least, not consistently. But in the same breath, Repubs are supposed to be for small government and minimal taxes, but they're not. Dems are supposed to be about equality, but they're not. Repubs are supposed to champion liberty, but their actions show otherwise.

It's all a goddam farce, laid out in plain sight for everyone to ignore, but still give a passing grade every election.

Dammit...now I'm all flustered, and it's only 8:52am. Thanks a lot.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Bernie was never a Democrat until they roped him under Hillary's broken wing..

I bet they threatened his life or something. I DO remember the leverage email from the wikileaks. To this day it baffles me how he said the words he campaigned upon and then came to back someone like Hillary Clinton...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well our 'democrats' are center-right, so...

new topics

top topics

join