It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White Men Really Deserve To Vote?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh, some more leftest crazy. Seems that there is more than one idiot who wants people to suffer because they were born with a specific shade of skin and are male.

I have to ask, how many of you agree with this insanity? I would love to see some valid arguments here.

affinitymagazine.us...

By Malia Rolt
Posted on August 1, 2017

Now, history lessons aside; many people who disagree so far might be thinking, “Yes, all this injustice that happened in the past was undoubtedly awful. However, two wrongs don’t make a right.”

However one can’t be sure if withdrawing the white man’s vote could be considered a “wrong”. Furthermore, the point here that has to be made is that banning white men from voting temporarily will help them understand systemic injustice and help them become better, more empathetic allies to the social justice cause.

In contexts like these, identity politics can be helpful, empowering and contributing to an important learning experience. White men who want to become better allies always come across the problem of “I will never understand what it feels like to be systemically oppressed” but this proposal may further their understanding of minority needs and improve relations between different genders and races, which is the ultimate goal; equality.

edit on 2-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We used to just ignore crazy idiots and let them fade into obscurity.... now we give them a platform and take their inane ramblings seriously enough that they supposedly warrant discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Equality through inequality.
The author's brilliance leaves me dumbfounded.
Where's the baby food?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just throw me in the camp already.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
It seems they did something like this in Africa a while back, killing and forcing out White farmers. It ended horribly for the whites which were killed and the Africans who brought starvation upon themselves...
You only get out of life, that which you put in, no matter the color.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I bet it is another troll post like HuffPost published before and supported / defended the content of course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I will go ahead and say I am a self described SJW..

However this solution doesn't even really mimic the same type of systemic oppression faced by POC today. Therefore this would not be a very fulfilling initiative.

If you really want my fellow white males and I, allies or not, to experience systemic opression, you would have to inflict the same opressors on us.

Flood white neighborhoods with police officers, and have them pull people over and stop them for no reason and look for criminal activity.

Prosecute us to the fullest extent.

Have our resumes passed over when the recruiters see white names.

Carry preconceived notions that are negative about our work ethic and morality.

etc.

This are the ypes of things the white man must endure to better understand. Not stripping our right to vote.

That sends the wrong message, because POC have the right to vote, and they need to recognize that, and vote more!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

They have a good point that white men these days will not understand what it means to be oppressed as a race/gender, as would say women or black folks that are old enough to remember the issues they encountered over the years. Or perhaps the black youth that experienced the oppression facilitated through the war on drugs.

But to revoke the right of white men in order to give them a likewise experience seems absurd.

Voting is vital to the function of a constitutional republic, in which we should be granted equal application and protection of the laws and rights.

Revoking rights seems like a tit-for-tat response in which butthurt individuals want others to experience the pain some may have experienced before we got our # together.

Let's just move forward. Learn from our mistakes and push for more freedoms for all.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

White men can't vote.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

However this solution doesn't even really mimic the same type of systemic oppression faced by POC today. Therefore this would not be a very fulfilling initiative.

If you really want my fellow white males and I, allies or not, to experience systemic opression, you would have to inflict the same opressors on us.

Flood white neighborhoods with police officers, and have them pull people over and stop them for no reason and look for criminal activity.

etc.

This are the ypes of things the white man must endure to better understand. Not stripping our right to vote.

That sends the wrong message, because POC have the right to vote, and they need to recognize that, and vote more!

I don't say this lightly.

You are a delusional racist.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The OP-ED of one person...

*YAWN*

(grain of SALT needed)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Do White Men Really Deserve To Vote?

My Willy P card says I can.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We should hold up this fatuous nonsense and rub their face in it like we might a dog in his own Sh#t.

However one can’t be sure if withdrawing the white man’s vote could be considered a “wrong”.

It's wrong for the exact reasons why it is wrong to deny the vote to anyone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Deserves got nuthin' to do with it (line from a movie... nvrmnd), but acknowledging little things like present privilege depending on previous generations' genocide and theft is a start at a better, kinder world.

Any other finger pointing and division is just more fodder for social warfare... and not saying that some people's current, relevant actions are not actionable. They are.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Can we please go back to "Survival of the Fittest"?

Used to be, you had to produce something of value to make a living, or be part of that process.

Only logical ideas were given any sort of credence, let alone any validation.

We've gone too far away from that, gives rise to idiocies like this.

"Best to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

This "idea" does nothing more than cause more divide and separations.

Apparently these colleges and places of higher learning are teaching a misworded version of the Declaration of Independence that reads "We do NOT hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, white men are scum;"
./sarc off

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

My fellow white people THINK "oppression" is being told "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" instead of "MERRY CHRISTMAS".

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

etc.

I don't say this lightly.

You are a delusional racist.

I would really like to hear your rationale for that comment.

1. I said that the person cited in the article went too far, and that stripping white men (which I am one) of their voting rights doesnt even properly convey the message they are trying to get across.

2. I also said that if they are trying to get white men to understand the harsh realities of being a PoC in the U.S. that they would be better off supporting experiments or strategies that subject white males to the same equal treatment PoC receive.

No where in there did I say anything that discriminated, or prejudged anyone.

Not only that, but none of that was even a shining beacon of me telling them to carry out those treatments.

So please explain.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: introvert

My fellow white people THINK "oppression" is being told "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" instead of "MERRY CHRISTMAS".

Sadly, in a small manner, you are correct. If there is one thing I have grown very tired of, it's the idea of there being a war on Christmas. Thanks Fox News.

While the everyday white Joe has very little to complain about when it comes to actual oppression and violation of their rights, we should be able to agree that this notion pushed by the OP's source is ridiculous.

It's the antithesis to progress and constitutional principles.
edit on 2-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join