It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In March, Comey and McCabe Blocked the Arrest of Imran Awan’s Wife

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is a link to the FBI affidavit used in the arrest
of Imran Awan at Dulles.

www.documentcloud.org...

See #27.

She was taking cash from loan fraud and fleeing law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Probable cause

bona fide suspicion

reasonable intent

material witness

etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We arrest people all the time on suspicions. As a matter of fact, everyone arrested is presumed innocent until proven guilty so your answers is that yes it would be proper to arrest and since the money could have been part involved in the fraud then it could be seized. I don't necessarily agree with confiscation of funds without proving first that its dirty but it is the law.

Again she did not fill out the form prior to the flight as she was stopped with it on her and no declaration was made. But forget that, she could have been arrested for the bank fraud, her passport invalidated or seized to assure her appearance for trial as she is believe to have been involved with the bank fraud with her husband, so that is what she could have been arrested for, not to mention the fraud currently being uncovered in regards to overcharging for equipment to the government and the then reselling of government equipment which they declared inoperable.

Multiple reasons to arrest her keeping in mind that an arrest does not constitute guilt but does act as a stop gap to international travel and what could be construed as flight from imminent arrest for the bank fraud.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

If you have done nothing wrong,why try to flee ? Read the paper work you put forward. ty

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Probable cause

bona fide suspicion

reasonable intent

material witness

etc.

How about rule of law and individual liberties/rights?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

We arrest people all the time on suspicions. As a matter of fact, everyone arrested is presumed innocent until proven guilty so your answers is that yes it would be proper to arrest and since the money could have been part involved in the fraud then it could be seized. I don't necessarily agree with confiscation of funds without proving first that its dirty but it is the law.

Important phrase you used there. "Could have".

Can they prove it? Is that enough to detain them? Seems to me you would have to have a warrant or proof.

But forget that, she could have been arrested for the bank fraud, her passport invalidated or seized to assure her appearance for trial as she is believe to have been involved with the bank fraud with her husband, so that is what she could have been arrested for, not to mention the fraud currently being uncovered in regards to overcharging for equipment to the government and the then reselling of government equipment which they declared inoperable.

Seems to me they couldn't prove that. Otherwise, they could have detained her.

Multiple reasons to arrest her keeping in mind that an arrest does not constitute guilt but does act as a stop gap to international travel and what could be construed as flight from imminent arrest for the bank fraud.

Flight from what? She was not accused of anything.

Do we forego personal liberties and protections in order to satisfy the political desires of those that want her to be charged, with a crime they cannot yet pin on her?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: xuenchen

Probable cause

bona fide suspicion

reasonable intent

material witness

etc.

How about rule of law and individual liberties/rights?

How 'bout that.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Technically, you're right. But, I'm saying that leaving the country while under federal suspicion, you won't be allowed to board an airplane to a foreign land.FBI FAQ

Under what authority can they stop them, if they are only under suspicion and not under arrest or found to be in possession of something that could lead to their arrest?

It's not like driving to another state in the union. Once you're out of the country, that's it. Suspects can't just leave on free will unless they don't get caught. Why do you think criminals cross the border to Mexico? They know the feds can't touch them.

Can you cite a specific law or statute to that regard?

Can you be sure your theory is plausible when faced with the situation you are under suspicion of bank fraud and you're trying to leave the country with more money than is allowed without filling in a form?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I agree with your sentiment but if a police officer can stop you on the street you live on in Texas and lets say you were en-route to buy a car so you had 16-thousand in cash on you. That police officer can take it and call it drug money without ever providing you the opportunity to state otherwise then I am certain that carrying and not declaring cash while potentially fleeing the jurisdiction of the Federal court would result in most peoples arrest.

We don't even know if theses stories are even real at this point but there is enough for an arrest and investigation. The husband was stopped while attempting to leave the country and we know he is accused of criminal fraud and potential fraud of the US government.

There may not have been enough evidence to make the arrest prior to the attempt to leave the jurisdiction of the Federal Authority but there is certainly enough to at least temporarily take the passport and prevent travel outside the jurisdiction. I am sure they will be well represented if ever brought before the court and will have their rights better protected than most.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Other than the money she was carrying, what were they going to arrest her for?

Also, if the only issue was the money, she could have filled-out the appropriate customs form and simply declared it when she landed.

Bank Fraud....It's a crime you know...

It has been demonstrated over and over again that the laws of the US do not apply to Democrats, starting with Hillary.....

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He learned a great deal about money-laundering and bank fraud when he worked at HSBC, I would assume.

Perhaps we should ask this question: Had Comey been put in place to stop corruption, or to enable it? Something to think about.

Hmmm...no wonder the D.C. snakes are writhing and trying to strike at anything and anybody that's looking too closely.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This coming from the guy who believes Russia hacked the election and trump colluded with them.. bahahaha you're delusional you know

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

Her arrest in fact was blocked by then-FBI Director James Comey and then-Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, FBI sources said.

So.........that's all there is, "in fact"? All we have is "FBI sources said"?

It is good enough for the NYT.

And good enough to impeach a President apparently. But not this.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Suspicion alone is not grounds for arrest, if I am not mistaken. You can detain someone for a short period of time if you have reasonable suspicion, but you cannot arrest them.

Yes it is... Her husband was being investigated for among other things bank fraud, and his wife is caught trying to leave the country with large amounts of money, but you want to claim that is not reasonable suspicion?...

Me thinks some people simply don't want to acknowledge any wrong doing by the Obama appointees, more so with those same Obama appointees having "conflict of interest" with the DNC...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I have said it before......if we knew the entire real truth about some of this crap, we would be scared to leave the house everyday.

I like to think that we would be angry. Pissed off, in fact. I like to think instead of being scared to leave the house, we would be enraged enough to rise up as a nation and do something about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the swamp just keeps getting deeper and more stinky

What a bunch of corrupt globalists

Hang them all and round up the liberals IMO lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join