It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minoan and Mycenaen Dna history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A new paper published in the latest issue ofNature, illuminates the genetic history of the Minoans and Mycenaens ans compared to other contemporary and modern populations.

ABSTRACT,

The origins of the Bronze Age Minoan and Mycenaean cultures have puzzled archaeologists for more than a century. We have assembled genome-wide data from 19 ancient individuals, including Minoans from Crete, Mycenaeans from mainland Greece, and their eastern neighbours from southwestern Anatolia. Here we show that Minoans and Mycenaeans were genetically similar, having at least three-quarters of their ancestry from the first Neolithic farmers of western Anatolia and the Aegean1, 2, and most of the remainder from ancient populations related to those of the Caucasus3 and Iran4, 5. However, the Mycenaeans differed from Minoans in deriving additional ancestry from an ultimate source related to the hunter–gatherers of eastern Europe and Siberia6, 7, 8, introduced via a proximal source related to the inhabitants of either the Eurasian steppe1, 6, 9 or Armenia4, 9. Modern Greeks resemble the Mycenaeans, but with some additional dilution of the Early Neolithic ancestry. Our results support the idea of continuity but not isolation in the history of populations of the Aegean, before and after the time of its earliest civilizations

The study shows the roots with links to, early anatolian/agean farmers, european H/G's, western indo europeans(yamnaya), indo iranians, and caucasians, such as Armenians. I find that very interesting, as here where i live, many early immigrants were greek and armenian. I've always maintained the two cultures were long lost cousins, but dont tell that to either one..
We used to have a really good indoor farmers market, and there was a kabob stand right across from the gyro stand, and the two vender would , talk smack about each others food, across the food court, It was hillarious, and I would frequent both, and they were both fantastic
Interesting stuff, that goes to bolster the notion that the mycenaens were a culture with its ultimate roots in Minoan civilization.

Gentic Origins Of the minoans and Mycenaens

join