It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California seceding a reality ? Your thoughts ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Say what you will, but a row of 20,000 california troops, kneeling on the ground at full autistic scream could actually bring the whole nation to it's knees.

My ears hurt thinking about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Plotus

California isn't going anywhere. Last time a state tried to secede, there was this whole civil war type thing.

Thats not happening.

But if there was a cival war, and california won, then they could secede.

Say what you will, but a row of 20,000 california troops, kneeling on the ground at full autistic scream could actually bring the whole nation to it's knees.

Hell, if they hit the right frequency they may actually fracture the earths core.

What would we call that? Biological warfare?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

STATE: I'm going to secede!

LINCOLN: Hold my beer.

That is the attitude to expect from Uncle Sammy. Ain't no bitch gonna leave the stable! Pimp Daddy Sam will make sure of that!

But I wish them luck. Personally? I'd help them pack.

edit on 2-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: this post is non-halal

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: bluesjr

Plus, the USA would get to keep Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, the redwoods, etc. The south can have their desert.

.... and their wildfires.
.... and their floods/landslides every ten years with the el Nino cycle.

So, no Federal rebuilding funds after the 'Big One' hits... right?

You forgot that southern California (and San Francisco) have an infinite amount of state government money. They are not concerned about such trivial things as money, that's racist.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Both the entertainment and technology industries are two of the US' biggest industries and primary exporters. Without California, the US' trade gap would grow exponentially while the GDP would drop drastically. There are large pockets of conservatives as well as radical progressives there. Do recall that they elected both Arnold Schwarznegger and Ronald Reagan as gov.. It is a stupid idea for any state of the union to secede and the US should not stand for it, despite political differences.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

STATE: I'm going to secede!

Lincoln: Hold my beer.

That is the attitude to expect from Uncle Sammy. Ain't no bitch gonna leave the stable! Pimp Daddy Sam will make sure of that!

But I wish them luck. Personally? I'd help them pack.

The one thing that tuckers guest seem to have correct was that he felt the rest of the country didn't want or care to have california be a part of it anymore.

He was dead on there, but like a bat# 30 something year old single woman, she(they) seem to think it's "everyone else" that is wrong when the only common denominator is her(them).

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Does california receive federal aid for their yearly forest fires? Do other states provide manpower and equipment?

Would seem to be expensive if california had to put out their own fires. I'm sure the US could just install fans on the border to keep them from spreading into the US.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Which then leads to the next question of who's next to exit ? Illinois is insolvent, and has been suggested it be absorbed by the surrounding states. Does Alaska need the lower 48 ? I believe there has even been interest by New York of Secession if I recall correctly..

Would this be the beginning of a collapse like the USSR went through ? To emerge as just Russia? A lot of division occurred.
edit on 2-8-2017 by Plotus because: add opinion

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Back when Adam Corolla used to be on Love Line with Dr. Drew, they were discussing a tour they had taken of the mid west and how nice they found everyone to be. Adam's assessment was that it was because they send their @ssholes to the coasts.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Does california receive federal aid for their yearly forest fires? Do other states provide manpower and equipment?

Would seem to be expensive if california had to put out their own fires. I'm sure the US could just install fans on the border to keep them from spreading into the US.

California has plenty of illegals and that would suddenly become a job that Americans would no longer do.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And simply, housing for the certain influx of new immigrants.

This got me thinking - how would the U.S. deal with the sudden influx of Californians sneaking under the fence to escape the tyranny of President Moonbeam? Hopefully the "open borders" crowd gets their way in this timeline.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

This got me thinking - how would the U.S. deal with the sudden influx of Californians sneaking under the fence to escape the tyranny of President Moonbeam? Hopefully the "open borders" crowd gets their way in this timeline.

Actually the calexiter I saw today stated that california would enforce their borders, the irony almost blew me out of my chair.

You have to remember, these people are irrational, completed blinded to reality and in some way possibly legally mentally handicapped.

Even the most obvious, glaring, burning bits of irony fail to register at all with them.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It could be that they think they will get a sudden influx of people from the rest of the country.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It could be that they think they will get a sudden influx of people from the rest of the country.

That's absolutely ridiculous, completely asinine.

I'm sure that's exactly what they are thinking, par for the course.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Would in fact Mexicans legally and illegally living in the other 49 see this as their new Mecca and migrate back to California ? It certainly would alleviate the risk they face daily for the illegal segment.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
EPA would plummet into non enforceable.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If California left, how soon would Oregon and Washington try to go with them?

What would happen to the large portions of those states that really aren't leftist?

How would be broker that?

And how quickly would we shut off water rights?

In Oregon, it could be s simple split between west and east of the Cascades. Oregon has discussed that for a while. We all seem to value other Oregonians but east and west have totally different cultures that could both be served better if policies were more specific to those regions.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Actually the calexiter I saw today stated that california would enforce their borders, the irony almost blew me out of my chair.

You have to remember, these people are irrational, completed blinded to reality and in some way possibly legally mentally handicapped.

Even the most obvious, glaring, burning bits of irony fail to register at all with them.

Exactly. I'm still trying to get my head around this response by one of our hyper-left members in another thread-

So you support less immigration and more restrictive borders?

less immigration yes more restricted borders no.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I think they would be absorbed by Mexico at some point if they did secede.
If U.S. history is used as a precedent, secession will not be tolerated by the Federal Government.

Just look at what is happening with Europe with Brexit. While the UK subsidizes the EU parliament, California subsidizes the rest of the USA especially Wall Street. Now that Brexit is gaining momentum, we're seeing everything starting to disconnect (EU leases of British property for EU agencies, bank offices and departments).

I don't imagine the USA would want to see all those disconnects happening with federal agencies, unversities, air and navy bases.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
if they somehow did.. it would be funny watching it crumble
edit on 2-8-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join