It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay - I'm tired of these new tabs every time I try to post to a thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

That's the way the page is coded. If you click on the thread title instead, it will open in the same window, and you'll have to manually go to the last replies.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep, hence why I posted this. Anything in code, can be removed.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And it's been coded like that for many years. It's efficient, and it works. It's most likely going to stay that way, barring SkepticOverlord making a radical change.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And it's been coded like that for many years. It's efficient, and it works. It's most likely going to stay that way, barring SkepticOverlord making a radical change.

AND it's bugged the crap out of me for a LONG time. I used to post under another name, I had to change my name/account on here for a security reason.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Please read the whole thread again, you and others are still not getting it.
Read fredrodgers1960s post!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I know, please explain it to the others who don´t get it.

LadyGreenEyes
dragonridr
OzManHero
kurthall

Zaphod explained it on the first page already. Sadly many just post because they think it´s the typical "I have a problem thread" and they think they are smartasses knowing it, when they clearly have not even comprehended the problem.

That´s something I really can´t stand, acting smartassy while being 100% wrong. It´s not directed at you, arbitrageur.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Please read the whole thread again, you and others are still not getting it.
Read fredrodgers1960s post!

I did read the whole thread. I a saying that I don't get tabs like that, ever, unless I choose to open new ones. The ONLY time the site gives me a new tab is for an outside link, or clicking to respond to a thread response. Otherwise, it's all the same page. For those things, that's how I'd prefer to have it work, personally. I wouldn't want a different site opening in place of ATS, to check a link, and that doesn't increase hits for this site, of course. For messages, if it was the same page, we'd have to navigate back to the message page after each one, which I think would be a pain. For jut browsing through stories, if I click on a link for a discussion, it's the same page.

I use Firefox - 48.0b3 at the moment - and have for years, with no issue like that here. Understand the frustration, for what it's worth, just not seeing the same issue. Posting that so those looking for the problem can see what others are experiencing, which might help.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Understand the frustration, for what it's worth, just not seeing the same issue.

Yes, it´s really frustrating. It´s like I´m writing in mandarin or so. You can check this in 5 seconds!

-Goto myats.
-LEFT click on a username behind the thread-name in the subscribed threads table.
-A new tab opens.

That´s what the OP is talking about and I agree, it´s annoying. Because I, too ,use the "lastpost" feature a lot.

Zaphod wrote at the top of the page:

That's the way the page is coded. If you click on the thread title instead, it will open in the same window, and you'll have to manually go to the last replies.

And what he wrote is fact. Everyone that does not get a new tab -when clicking on the username- should check his browser, NOT the other way around. And that´s even more frustrating:

Multiple members coming into a thread and preaching the old "it´s your computer, everything fine" when they

a) have not even comprehended what the OP ment
b) refuse to take the time to re-read that small thread and then:
c) being wise asses while completly wrong

This can be solved in a second. Instead of the "_blank" tag, just set the target window to "_wargarbl" or "_ATS".
Then, there is a new tab opened once, every other click on the subscribed thread usernames, will then override that tab, instead of spawning a new, fresh tab each and every time. This has been possible for decades and is one of the oldest features in HTML.

I hope finally it´s clear.
edit on 24-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join