It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 19 days we will all know whether the earth poles has shifted in a southern direction.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Despite my pooh-poohing of catastrophism a few posts ago, I must admit I hold a sneaking suspicion that when eclipses combine the gravitational pull of the moon and the sun, they might cause some earthquakes. There do seem to be clusters of quakes after eclipses, but whether this is just coincidence I don't know.

It doesn't seem particularly unlikely that a pull that can raise sea-levels on a daily basis wouldn't also be powerful enough to perhaps indirectly cause a tiny movement in a geological formation that was already on the verge of triggering a slip.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

No. What gives us seasons is the Earth's 23 degree tilt of it's spin axis and it's orbit around the sun.

Yes, that's what I was asking if what they meant as they mentioned the 23 degree angle.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a greater statistical risk of earthquakes due to lunar eclipses, where the Sun and Moon pull in opposing directions but I am no expert. I believe that there are some earthquake experts on ATS so I too would be interested to know.

Doesn't the Moon's pull raise the Earth's crust by half a meter or something - as well as shifting billions of tonnes of water?

<< 1  2   >>

join