It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 19 days we will all know whether the earth poles has shifted in a southern direction.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

but, it the geological poles have shifted, then that would mean that depending one where you are in the world, you actual location would be either a little further north, or further south..

Do you mean to say that the earth already has shifted? I think, like the poster mentioned above, we would have noticed that. The earth does wobble like a top, at about 1 rotation every 26,000 years, on a 23 1/2 degree angle - according to my failing memory of astronomy classes back in college.

But we hardly notice that on a year to year basis.

However, the alignments become apparent when we look at old astronomical monuments like stonehenge or the alignment of the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Well, aircraft on approach to an airport runway may have some issues. If the runway is marked as 18 which would be 180 degrees on the compass or GPS and its actually 29 as in 290 degrees on the compass, then it could be problematic or catastrophic if another runway in close proximity had another jetliner landing at the same time. A normal drift of the poles account for about a degree each year which on a long flight could potentially put you at the wrong airport or in the middle of the ocean.

www.livescience.com...

gizmodo.com...

Its a natural occurrence for the earths magnetic field to fluctuate, how much it does I suppose will be the determining factor in what occurs. Right now a change of 5 degrees means an airport must renumber the runway. I believe that scientist have said that a complete Pole shift has occurred around 10 times on Earth and since humans have not been around for one, we just don't know what happens...so maybe we will see this next time.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

The earth does wobble like a top, at about 1 rotation every 26,000 years, on a 23 1/2 degree angle - according to my failing memory of astronomy classes back in college.

Isn't it every once a year it completes a wobble and that is what gives us the seasons?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

No.

What gives us seasons is the Earth's 23 degree tilt of it's spin axis and it's orbit around the sun.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The earth does wobble like a top, at about 1 rotation every 26,000 years, on a 23 1/2 degree angle - according to my failing memory of astronomy classes back in college.

Isn't it every once a year it completes a wobble and that is what gives us the seasons?

No, it is the current tilt (23.5 degrees) that cause the seasons. Warm here in the northern US right now, I'm guessing cooler for you in OZ than in January.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

well, if the pole hasn't shifted, then the eclipse would be just as they say...
seems like the op is right, the eclipse would be kind of proof as to weather or not the poles have shifted..
I ain't saying that I think they have, the magnetic poles have I believe, the geological poles, not so sure really, don't think so.
I don't think the op was implying that some how a solar eclipse would cause a pole shift though...
I was just trying to describe how the eclipse and who sees what depending on where they are at would be relevant if there was one?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

that would be a change in the magnetic poles, not the geologic poles, and I believe that they have had to adjust for that, haven't they?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

What eriktheawful said.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

OK.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK, to sum up, none of the following will be caused by the Moon's shadow traversing the North American landmass

1) Reversal of the magnetic poles
2) Reversal of the physical poles
3) A really confusing simultaneous combination of (1) and (2)
4) Mega-tsunami caused by combined pull of Moon + Sun
5) Swarms of killer bees

I haven't included "invasion by space aliens" in the list, because if it happens during the eclipse it'll just be a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

You forgot Nibiru appearing and taking all the good people and leaving all the bad people behind. I read that on the internet so it's probably going to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Oh geez...agreed. Nothing different will happen, just like other eclipses. The sun will blot out for minutes...the sun will begin returning to full in minutes.....

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What did I miss? I don't see the correlation between an eclipse and pole shifts. Can someone explain in scientific terms? Or is this just someones imagination?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There are two set's of poles, one is the geological pole's and the other the magnetic pole's, the magnetic poles do NOT line up with the Geological poles and periodically actually switch so magnetic north becomes' magnetic south, there is some worry about whether this can cause a natural EMP spike if it happen's suddenly and also if this will temporarily effect the earth's magnetosphere and by how much for how long because when it does IF it does this will allow radiation we are usually shielded from by the magnetosphere to pass through and perhaps even to reach the ground, if so though it has happened plenty of time's before and the earth is still here so?.

Now with reference to the physical pole that is the imaginary line around which the earth spin's, in other word's it is the earth's axis of rotation around it's own center, it actually is not as perfect as some may think because the moon, the sun and other planets and body's all exert a gravitational force upon the earth.

Now if this Nibby Roo was coming we would expect seismic activity IF it was close enough, if it was off the solar systems equator and orbited our solar system (And vice versa) at a different angle to the rest of the body's in the solar system it could have an effect but I personally do not believe in this version of Nibby Roo though you will find that there is actually a red dwarf star that one flew within less than a light year of the sun and probably did have massive disrupting effect's however that star is now very distant and is not coming back any time soon if ever again.

That was actually 70.000 years ago give or take.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Now as far as I know they have not detected any planets in it's orbit but I may be wrong.

Edited and added here, I may just be very wrong indeed.

Now what if there is a plent or Second sun called Nibiru by the sumerians and what is a respected astronomer went on camera and spoke about it and claimed NASA covered thing's up including Nibiru.
What if indeed.

I added this after making my initial comment and by this I suppose I swallowed the official party line hook line, and sinker so maybe I was wrong.

edit on 2-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Some people claim that the geographic north pole - that point where the earth spins on its axis has actually moved roughly 8 degrees (maybe more) from where it has historically been toward Siberia and away from Canada. If that did happen, then when the eclipse happens it would not follow the same latitudinal path. It would follow a path adjusted for how the earth moved. Which it hasn't. But there are hundreds of videos on youtube that claim that it has.

www.youtube.com...

It's very bizarre that people claim this because it would be completely noticed by even the most trivial star gazer. It would also cause many many problems with modern technology.

I think it all started when Eskimo's in Greenland said some time ago that the sun was 2 days late for when it normally appeared. Also, it is a theory I think that Graham Hancock proposed as an explanation for massive earth changes at the end of the last ice age. I forget which book.

My point isn't really that it can't happen. My point is there are people who think it has and since the eclipse will take the path forecast a long long time ago then the earth geographical pole has not shifted.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This would get really confusing from a flat earther perspective, would a pole shift then turn us inside out? We would be residing on a prolapse planet.

Any more of a pole shift and us Aussie's would no longer be from a land down under, it would be a land up over:-(

No matter anyhow, the rapture is coming initiating the start of the end on Sept the 23rd, acording too many prophetic thinkers on the web. So no need to worry about the 19 days untill poll shift. It is only 51 days to rapture, happy end of days waifers and wine at mine im excited.

Will the world end in 2017?

The rumor was the Christian website Unsealed was hedging its bets that the end of the world could happen on Aug. 21 or Sept. 23. This would happen when the Western part of Europe will experience a partial eclipse while American will experience a total eclipse. 

According to Revelation 12, a pregnant woman will be hunted by a satanic seven-headed dragon eager to eat her unborn child. The woman will be clothed with the "sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She brought forth a man-child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: 

A man child who rules all nations with a rod of iron. Sounds like Trump with his golf club. They must be spot on with this one.
edit on 2-8-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

some people are idiots [ thats my polite response ]

from any point in the northern hemisphere - polaris can still be seen due north - and a sextant bearing on polaris gives the correct latitude

so no - the earth has not shifted axis

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think there's no question as to whether poles shift. They just do at particular intervals. It is evident from the magnetic alignment of particular particles in rocks. I hear you would see Northern Lights in unusual places before it happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Just to be on the safe side, may I be the first to welcome our new insect overlords.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

And those Niburuites better watch out for that Interplanetary Officer that NASA is hiring right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join