It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump signs a bill slapping sanctions on Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am hardly triggered. There is nothing to trigger. I just laugh and move on.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've never been a fan of sanctions and in this case I wish he would not have signed it.

We need to be more diplomatic and less stand-offish in our approach. Sanctions only hurt the people of nations and does nothing to heal wounds between nations that feel they have been wronged.

I feel that this is an example of Trump being damned if he don't, damned if he do.

Either outcome is not good for him, politically, but that is a position he put himself in.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The way Trump did this is strange but part of the plan.

edit on 2-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So tell me, what views do I hold that make me an SJW? Specific examples please, if you can't provide any then I will assume you are throwing that label on me just because I don't like Trump.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's the exact same thing I say whenever someone claims that I'm triggered by something Trump says or does. Now you know my feelings whenever I'm accused of the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just shows how bad the US is doing, the US will do anything to keep her power, that's why Russia has been made the new 'enemy', after 9-11 it was the ME.
With these sanctions and actions before the US will also try to hurt the EU on the same time.

Really the EU is so stupid doing US wishes which hurt the EU allot!!

But it can't take long before the EU wakes up from what I see&read.
Still.. can take some time (and will bring the EU to their knees for sure!) but face it USA is broke and desperate and Trump not that different than Obama, Bush you name it. These sanctions cost the EU like 100 billion and with these sanctions the US will try to sell gass to Europe as well.

Any EU company doing business with Russia and now even buys gas from Russia will get fines! And of course these sanctions or any other sanction will cost the US nothing, just some privilege they got somehow!

edit on 2-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
And then released a statement on how flawed this was (yet he signed it?)

Translation: Papa Putin, this wasn't me, bro, this wasnt me.....

exactly how the world sees it, trump worshippers not so much.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The same US actions were observed towards Japan in WW II. This drove the Japanese to run amok at Pear Harbor. Of course this was the perfect pretext for US to enter the war.

Is history just repeating itself? I guess at present a big war if successful will clear that "tiny" debt of US. Are US provoking Russia on economic level, just like they did with Japan?

A thought to think of, ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Just to add that this policy is not new for the US. here is a BBC article from 2014: www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The rest of the world should sanction the US.

Tell them to take their sh#t and shove it.

edit on 3-8-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Japan invaded China, took half of China, massacred millions. It was right to sanction Japan. What has Russia done to get sanctions? Nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join