It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a REALLY Crazy Idea...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
hippy talk. psshtosh.

this world needs a mans man, not a tree hugger.

Well, we don't have a mans man in the White House. So next election?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

He moved people into the white house who have even less knowledge on running a nation than him.

Doesn't this eliminate anyone except for our perceived "professional politicians" to take any sort of high office in our country? Does it not eliminate yourself from the chance of being able to represent your nation?

The reason I sided with Trump during the election is because #1 he was constantly lied about and all his words were twisted by the media, and #2 he actually tried to convey a heartbeat towards improving AMERICAN life, which is the country we live in. For too long we've seen other nation's priorities above our own - as our people starve on the curb while we donate billions to nations who don't even need the help. Also I wanted to see someone get into the system who could potentially blow out both parties at the same time.

At any rate I don't want to see us argue either - I'm sick of it. I've lost enough friends who have so much in common with me already just because of their disdain for the portrait of Trump.

I'm not sure how we can all come back together after this - perhaps Time will be the great healer as it always is. It is just my wish that we can all improve this terrible condition of NEEDLESS fighting (there always should be a struggle, otherwise there would not be improvement in life.)

The main point of my post is we are fighting about the wrong things - if we could see that together and start fighting about the right things we could make some progress...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myollinir

He moved people into the white house who have even less knowledge on running a nation than him.

Doesn't this eliminate anyone except for our perceived "professional politicians" to take any sort of high office in our country? Does it not eliminate yourself from the chance of being able to represent your nation?

The reason I sided with Trump during the election is because #1 he was constantly lied about and all his words were twisted by the media, and #2 he actually tried to convey a heartbeat towards improving AMERICAN life, which is the country we live in. For too long we've seen other nation's priorities above our own - as our people starve on the curb while we donate billions to nations who don't even need the help. Also I wanted to see someone get into the system who could potentially blow out both parties at the same time.

At any rate I don't want to see us argue either - I'm sick of it. I've lost enough friends who have so much in common with me already just because of their disdain for the portrait of Trump.

I'm not sure how we can all come back together after this - perhaps Time will be the great healer as it always is. It is just my wish that we can all improve this terrible condition of NEEDLESS fighting (there always should be a struggle, otherwise there would not be improvement in life.)

The main point of my post is we are fighting about the wrong things - if we could see that together and start fighting about the right things we could make some progress...

Its hard to make progress, when he POTUS, is constantly an embarrassment. You say the Media lied about trump, well guess what I watched him being unhinged during the debates, and also most of what he said during the debates was him talking out of his butt. It was ridiculous. Did you for a minute think it might be you who needs to rewatch those debates, and FACT check what he said? He rallied people on completely empty promises. His wall, His 90 day ISIS plan, He said that he already had a much better replacement for Obama care. Yeah all of it was BS. There was no 90 day ISIS plan, there was not a "much better" replacement for Obama care, the wall people will go over and under Mexico wont pay for (it is just a waste of money anyway).....I mean the only thing the man wanted was to have the title of POTUS....Now he says his job is harder than he thought.....DUH!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

When ever there is an equilibrium that is out of wack, nature seeks to come to level. Dams fail-droughts kill and revolutions happen when the economic/political situation reach a dire enough level to warrant the risk.

Hopefully the Keynesian type of science and control won't be able to keep the boat afloat for a long time... It seems the system in place for control is pretty solid. Crashes are manufactured and human psychology is expertly exploited.

Yep, we are spoon fed Fox and CNN and people get into pissing matches to show that their news team is right. They are both lying.

The citizen has no news media that is on their side. If it is on TV it is a lie. They are the mouth pieces for the real owners (corps-ultra wealthy).

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Its hard to make progress, when he POTUS, is constantly an embarrassment. You say the Media lied about trump, well guess what I watched him being unhinged during the debates, and also most of what he said during the debates was him talking out of his butt. It was ridiculous. Did you for a minute think it might be you who needs to rewatch those debates, and FACT check what he said? He rallied people on completely empty promises. His wall, His 90 day ISIS plan, He said that he already had a much better replacement for Obama care. Yeah all of it was BS. There was no 90 day ISIS plan, there was not a "much better" replacement for Obama care, the wall people will go over and under Mexico wont pay for (it is just a waste of money anyway).....I mean the only thing the man wanted was to have the title of POTUS....Now he says his job is harder than he thought.....DUH!

Could you do his job better?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I did not and do not see Trump as being unhinged. I see him being vocal and not putting up with any sh(t.

JFK tried to take on the FED and ordered the printing of a couple billion dollars in US currency not FED currency, we see how that ended.

There is only so much one leg of our 3 branches can do. Now do I think Trump is doing everything he can? Nope.
edit on 2-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think a lot of us just plain like him giving the middle finger to the republican candidates, as well as the democratic ones... Some people viewed that as being immature. I view all politicians as worse than immature because they are sucking us dry, leeching from our labor and doing next to nothing except taking away our freedoms as the days pass...

With the entirety of the mass media conglomerate out to paint him as a terrible person, don't you think that would be a hard job too? Anything and everything paints him as worse than the mouth-slinger that he was in the debates. Front facing media is all compromised and they are trying to get us to march to the Pied Piper's tune...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Myollinir

bwahahahahahahaha

hahaha

gaaahhhh

hahahahahaha

How old are you 11 or 12? What kind of response is that? Man!

He's been a member here since 2003, so he's ATLEAST 14 years old..

Atleast get the insults right, man!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

JFK tried to take on the FED and ordered the printing of a couple billion dollars in US currency not FED currency, we see how that ended.

If only some sovereign nations could get these systems in place without getting destroyed by the controlling beasts... Libya, Iraq, Germany are evident examples...

I do think Trump could be doing a much stronger and better job, but when you are facing an elaborate system that has ruled for a long time... do you think you could just change it over night?

And for all we know he COULD be controlled opposition - all of us constantly fighting as a case in point.. But it is my hope that he is not.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I agree with you, if the central bankers don't get what they want. There will be a war or action and you will find yourself in a world of hurt.

I don't know if Trump is controlled s much as he is part of the control-but maybe control lite? In other words he is a vast improvement over anything since Dwight D. Eisenhower

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It's hard to start fresh when the tribalism in us says "you're wrong" "my side is right" "you guys are bad" "you guys are worse."

I suppose the conversation could start here... if we were ever able to.

The human condition of being able to think soberly as an individual verses being swept up in the crowd is fascinating. We bring about our own demise by trying to work together - either orchestrated by authorities or by our own unchecked opinions/beliefs of the group we are a part of!!

But being able to admit that we are too stubborn to speak, and too proud to evaluate and listen to our opposition's side of the story - this may be the starting point. It always has been - I'm not the first to talk about a topic like this..

At the same time I value my culture and do not wish to see it destroyed... but I know change is the only way to improve a culture so I'm just as at fault as anyone else.

The funny thing...and this might come as a shock...is that our American forefathers had these same types of knock-down drag-out arguments. They fought viciously, albeit verbally, at what is right, what is wrong...and they made compromise.

(They also didn't tell Benjamin Franklin any secrets because he was known for "leaking" them once the alcohol started flowing.)

Change, no matter how small or large, impacts us all. I think we can agree on that. Change in our government ripples down to our everyday lives. Some people want this type of change, others oppose it strongly. But as you say there should be a middle ground, a starting point for a dialogue.

If we, the people, can start the dialogue and focus entirely on issues rather than personalities and their inherent conflicts, progress should follow.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If everyone just agreed with me on everything then we wouldn't have any division.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What would age have to do with me seeing as it is?

You still cling to your political side.

Because you know best, right, everyone else is just an idiot beneath you?

Pffft.

This is just mental masturbation.
edit on 2-8-2017 by Lysergic because: my fisherprice keyboard went all wonky

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

We may build a future in the sense that we might work for a Microsoft or Google or IBM, but we aren't the "architects" of the future, we don't get to plan it. The uber wealthy elites like Elon Musk do that.

The education elites that write the new narratives that become the social engineering curriculum in the schools do that. They are the visionaries that decide what the future looks like. You're only choice is to go-along to make a living to be able to avoid starvation and homelessness or you can opt out and die or go to jail.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

One single sentence and a half you said is exactly the very reason that would never work.

"All of humanity is shades of different opinions, cultures, lifestyles, beliefs, etc etc. NOBODY is the same..."

This why we have wars. Religions, politics, we're right, you're not...etc etc.....it will be generations until all meet on common grounds if ever...and if world war doesnt happen BECAUSE of all the above...and doesnt burn humanity to a crisp beforehand.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm responding to the op without reading the entire thread. I agree with you Myollinir! We the people need to drop the rhetoric. What have in common, whether on the right or left, is a common enemy. that enemy is the MSM! They are in business to make a profit. They will do so at at all cost. They could care less what they're doing to the country. F# all, let's make a ton of money for our shareholders. We, collectively, are the victims. Lets unite under an ideal that we want our democracy back and we won't let politicians or the media interfere. It's so obvious that media is controlled by a very few enterprises comprising a conspiracy. That isn't healthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join