It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a REALLY Crazy Idea...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Let's bring our differences together to build the future, rather than fight about who's side is right.

All of humanity is shades of different opinions, cultures, lifestyles, beliefs, etc etc.

NOBODY is the same, and that is why we are able to achieve such feats - through the diversity of ideas. Although one side should not have to destroy their own family or system because the other side thinks it is false or evil.

If our side loses an election, let us be humble and work together to move towards an ideal for all people. Use our differing opinions to create a solution that is applicable to all, not just the majority of our side. If our side wins an election, let us ALSO be humble and LISTEN to the opposition to see how we can improve the situation. Let's not lead ourselves to the slaughter by blindly arguing while our "authorities" make all of our decisions for us.

Let us avoid being hypocrites and sleeping snuggly in bed while our team won thinking nothing of it after, but then if our team loses we are at war 24/7 screaming that the world is ending. No political team ever has all our best wishes in mind - it rarely has throughout all of history as we've seen control of masses through religion, politics, education, science, and monetary system since the dawn of mankind.

All I see around these parts is either "Trump sucks" or "Yeah but Hillary sucks" ... two masks groomed by ourselves and the media to represent everything we loathe. And now all we can see is everyone wearing the mask of their team and we can only see it as we believe. We all probably aren't that far off from each other for life wishes ... freedom, happiness, health, prosperity, family... But all we can focus on is fighting over which straw man is better.

I've probably dug my own grave in the mud-pit here
but I really don't like seeing how easily we've been divided and conquered. At this rate we will never be able to get to the true evil matters at hand, and we will forever be arguing over whether or not an individual is tan or whether or not the Cold War is on again. We are so deeply trained into this system that we will physically harm each other (and VERY EASILY vocally abuse) all over an idea about a person...

Let's try to wake up, see what happened to us, and team up again... somehow... This applies to myself just as much as I want it to for the rest of humanity.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

bwahahahahahahaha

hahaha

gaaahhhh

hahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What are you going to compromise on?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pride.

We need to start talking about interest, fiat, debt, theft ... rather than all the bull# vanity fed to us. We need to talk about eliminating the current two party system or overhauling the # out of it. Removing the (D) or (R) next to peoples' names would be a great start.

The only thing is it's so easy to talk, but everyone around the web is only able to call to action while we all have to sit on our hands in fear of being whipped by our masters...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think the fallacy of fake or false scarcity leads to a ton of problems. For instance, I think almost everyone wants the same thing-minus the sociopaths (leaders).

When ever there is an equilibrium that is out of wack, nature seeks to come to level. Dams fail-droughts kill and revolutions happen when the economic/political situation reach a dire enough level to warrant the risk.

I can't see any way around the 3%ish of terrible people (who make laws and policy) seem to not recognize that a person in India making slave labor wages to make a $600 suit for a "lucky" person born in a "free" part of the world is a good economic model. It is sick and our media is lying to us by NOT keeping us informed.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Look, I don't mind so much Hillary lost, but I had a bad feeling about trump. Its not like I wished he would be the president I knew he would be. I knew well before he 'won' the election he did not belong being POTUS. It would be much easier to put my feelings aside about him, If even one week went by that trump did not prove my point. I just knew damn well that this man was not what was good for my country.

He moved people into the white house who have even less knowledge on running a nation than him. I am sorry I don't want a fashion designer having security clearance and an office in the White House, nor do I want her sitting in on meetings with leaders of other nations. I also don't want her husband in the white house, he knows nothing about running a country. Call me crazy, but I want people with at least a little experience in the White House, but it seems Tom Dick and Harry are calling the shots. This is the most hypocritical POTUS ever. Moochie was his latest great choice, and that did not even last 2 weeks.

I wont argue with anyone who supports trump, it is what it is. Its not like I want Pence to be POTUS, but I bet he will be pretty soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

bwahahahahahahaha

hahaha

gaaahhhh

hahahahahaha

How old are you 11 or 12? What kind of response is that? Man!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't think its crazy , just going to be hard to get anyone from any side to start or or be willing to listen .
If you think about it, we all do the the same thing every day, we all get up and go to work , we all pay bills , we all but groceries, we all watch some kind of entertainment and so on.
Yes we do all of these things in different ways and have different cultures but when it comes down to it we all do the same things to live and survive , but we are still stuck.
The money that we make and don't get to keep all goes to the same places that are designed to keep us where we are .
Think about it , you probably go to the same store for food every time , stop at the same gas station every day, and so on ,and thoes places probably use the same places to get all the stuff that they sell us , so eventually that money has to end up in the hands of a few . then we have a government that gives it away , or let's more people in to keep the cycle going .
Is there a way out of this ? I sure as he'll don't know , but I keep going , and just try not to worry what anyone is doing as long as they aren't hurting anyone .
But that probably won't stop happening either.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Everyone that has sat in that office hasn't had a clue how to run a country. The way to run a country is to please the people you don't need anything more than the will to help others and put aside your selfish greed. To lead others toward a better life. You or I or any good hearted person we know could lead a country, experience in the White House or any other government establishment is simply not needed. Point to your past leaders who had this experience and members here will point out how they were horrible. JFK was your last good man that went against those with "experience" and look where his brains landed. a reply to: kurthall

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Agreed, waste of a post a reply to: kurthall

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The response was silly, but about right.

Until we vote out the politicians and vote in plumbers-electricians and taxi drivers- and use the anti trust and tax code to quell the .001%, we are indeed pissing into the wind.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
hippy talk. psshtosh.

this world needs a mans man, not a tree hugger.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

When ever there is an equilibrium that is out of wack, nature seeks to come to level. Dams fail-droughts kill and revolutions happen when the economic/political situation reach a dire enough level to warrant the risk.

Hopefully the Keynesian type of science and control won't be able to keep the boat afloat for a long time... It seems the system in place for control is pretty solid. Crashes are manufactured and human psychology is expertly exploited.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

But where to start the dialogue?

It's hard to start fresh when the tribalism in us says "you're wrong" "my side is right" "you guys are bad" "you guys are worse."

So in the interest of compromise...what's one thing that everyone can agree on? We have to start somewhere.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Most people just want to be left alone to get on with life and provide for themselves and family if they have one.

I still say politicians should be drawn randomly (like jury service from the voter roll) and made to serve 5 years on the country's average pay and on completion their names get removed from the 'draw' list.

Big business would find it a lot harder to bribe a load of individuals every 5 years or so and likely would be called out by some of those 'forced' to serve.

Parties would be banned so all votes would be done by individuals and their conscience.

I know this would also have issues but i think it would be a good first step.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

A man's man would tell everyone to grow the # up, stop being distracted by TMZ and bull# conspiracies, and realize that you are being screwed out of your senses and exploited for your labor.

There are bigger fish to fry but all we are focusing on is the red herring. We are arguing over BS and evidently the picture of a real man is to ignorantly push on through the fabricated proxy war of divide and conquer via straw men..

link   

Let's bring our differences together to build the future, rather than fight about who's side is right.

"All right, let's get together and not fight about our differences. BTW, we'll implement
MY ideas as they are superior to yours. No need to fight about who's right. I AM!
Sorry, but it's the only point I can't let go.
Why would I let you build a dam when a nuclear reactor will have less immediate impact on the environment?..."

Psychopaths, sadly, have no problems taking control while we deal with feelings of not hurting anyone. Because leading, well, leads to a share of your constituents not being satisfied with your leadership, and we have a hard time dealing with it.

I think there are just too many human and environmental factors interfering to be able to find one system that works for everybody and that is why people reject globalism.
I can't be asked or forced to adopt a desert culture nor do I expect them to comply to my snow filled culture.

But finding a common ground for all of humanity would be something great tho.

link   

I concur with you 100 percent. Ive been thinking about this a LOT the last few weeks. You have even used of few of the key words in my head.

TEAM being one of them. That is exactly how people are dealing with this too. They are standing up for their TEAMS. Regardless of any wrong doing their team may have done. I think if we were all HONEST we know BOTH TEAMS have some very bad players on them. They are not team players either.

Both teams are greedy, both teams have shady things going on, both teams lie to us. The list goes on.

I decided a long time ago I don't wish to be on either of these teams. Id like to be on the other team. The team that is
We The People.
Yes, US. Actually it is kind of OUR fault that we picked these non team players to be our captains. Maybe not the first round, because it took time for them to show their true colors, but after that, WE let them keep Playing. Why would we do that? Doesn't really make any sense when you think about it. Kind of dumb actually.

I think one of the problems is we always feel like we have to go to extremes. It will either be this way or that way. An example. Take the smoking laws as far as bar and restaurants go. One day you could smoke, very next day because a paper was signed somewhere, you couldn't smoke. Now why did it have to be one or the other? Why couldn't it have been your choice to be a smoking bar, or non smoking bar. The only law being you need to post a clear sign of which you are. Then, its the peoples choice. They know before they are in the door which kind of place it is. No complaining either once you are inside. You made your choice. Simple.
I saw a lot of bars close in Rhode Island because they changed that law. Smokers were the actual supporters for the most part. They got sick of sitting outside in rain sleet and snow.

Who knows maybe states could break themselves down like that per counties or something. Want religion in your school, live in this district. You don't, live in that district. Hopefully you get he point I'm trying to make here. We set up for A team and we set up for B Team. pick where it makes you happy. We could have one for the C team of I don't really cares.

Yes I know all this is extreme, but at least there is compromise.

People keep complaining how bad the MSM is now yet we keep quoting them for someone to bash them. What sense does that make. Clearly we have made it clear we aren't happy with any of it. Why don't we tell them? Write them emails. Let them know you know more information in 2 hours than it took for them to spin in 24. Tell them when they decide to go back to their roots and actually report honest and UNBIAS news, you will watch again. If they don't have the viewers, they don't have the money and that HURTS them where it counts.

We are the team with the most people. Not them. We need to take care of our team. TEAM PEOPLE. We also need to take out the trash because it is getting dang smelly. None of the team captains are going to change and they have no reason too. We just sit and rant to each other about them, we don't actually take them on and say enough is enough. GTHO your time is up. Nope, they are going to keep right on being the bad guys they are.

I could go on, but seriously, if you don't get what I'm trying to get at, I don't think it will get much clearer.

I did like that idea about no party or take the letters off their sleeves OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It's hard to start fresh when the tribalism in us says "you're wrong" "my side is right" "you guys are bad" "you guys are worse."

I suppose the conversation could start here... if we were ever able to.

The human condition of being able to think soberly as an individual verses being swept up in the crowd is fascinating. We bring about our own demise by trying to work together - either orchestrated by authorities or by our own unchecked opinions/beliefs of the group we are a part of!!

But being able to admit that we are too stubborn to speak, and too proud to evaluate and listen to our opposition's side of the story - this may be the starting point. It always has been - I'm not the first to talk about a topic like this..

At the same time I value my culture and do not wish to see it destroyed... but I know change is the only way to improve a culture so I'm just as at fault as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

If "Running a nation" is what we've been doing for the last century, I'm not sure I want to continue down that path anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join