It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on potential UFO sighting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was either the ISS or the bolide that was recorded last night

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ok, I'm convinced it was the ISS now, this post was really informative, thanks for the videos and information, the last one was crazy! I'm glad it wasn't what I thought it was

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Ok so the possibilities are between the bolide which was recorded or the ISS, it had to be one of those and it resembled both

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It seemd to be the most likely explanation and based on some other video evidence chances are it was a bolide that was recorded around the same time. It definitely wasn't aircraft, there are no military bases around where I live, a rescue helicopte, private glider and commercial air fact are the only know aircraft to fly by and I can say with certainty it was none of those, it looked celestial. The bolide seems too coincidental.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpio77

Judging from your report it looks like you experienced a white type ufo orb in flight. Welcome to the club

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Honestly, after an extensive amount of research into UFOs, I was reminded of a lot of encounters I read about and it's always my first guess, but I always go with a sense of skepticism too. Witnessing a Flying Saucer or UFO would be a dream. There was a bolide sighted that coincides with my sighting and others think it may have been the ISS. BUT! Both of those theories have holes in them.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's all opinion on here from ufo and photography 'experts'
Being honest and realistic only you and the ufo know the truth. You certainly can't rule it out being a real ufo. Scotland seems a hotspot for this kind of thing. Would be interesting to find out if there are any major energy / ley lines near to your encounter. They usually go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Perseid meteor shower is also beginning.

Peaks Aug. 11 - 13

Even if not a real, genuine, UFO, still pretty cool catch a shooting star!

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

I don't understand OP said "from north east heading west", so not the ISS. But the other thread you linked OP stated it was traveling North...

One of them is confused about direction.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpio77

Ok, I'm convinced it was the ISS now, this post was really informative, thanks for the videos and information, the last one was crazy! I'm glad it wasn't what I thought it was

Hold the phone, box of rain corrected me, it might not have been the ISS, the other thread linked had a different direction on the unknown object, though.

So now I'm ?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thr fact that hes in Scotland scratched that one immediately, thanks for the info though! Ill definetly store that in the ol memory bank.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You've got a point. At this point I'm uncertain of what it was so that is a possibility. Where could I find that information do you know?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a meteor, I see them here all the time and it just didn't fit the description, but I could be wrong. Definitely was not a shooting star, that I am certain of, that would be cool, huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

You would not notice a comet moving he said it moved quicker than a meteorite which would last a few seconds at most.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It moved a little faster than a meteorite and was way to big and bright to be one, at least compared to ones I have seen which is often. I ran downstairs and out the back door to get a better look and I'd thought I'd lost it, till it emerged from behind a tree obscuring the view.

Are you the Flash?

Meteorites last for a second or 2 when they burn up entering the atmosphere.

What do you think?

you ran down stairs?

so this must have taken a few minutes to cross the sky?

It could have been a satellite.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpio77

It was either the ISS or the bolide that was recorded last night

from your description it wasn't a bolide or a meteorite.

There was a bolide sighted that coincides with my sighting and others think it may have been the ISS. BUT! Both of those theories have holes in them.

It couldn't have been a bolide.

What holes are in the idea it was a satellite?

have you checked to see if any satellites were scheduled to pass over where are when you saw what you saw?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a meteor, I see them here all the time and it just didn't fit the description, but I could be wrong. Definitely was not a shooting star, that I am certain of, that would be cool, huh?

Text

A shooting star is what people call a meteor or meteorite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join