It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cautiously Trying To Come To A Conclusion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

12 quantum bs With the above on mind it makes all the overuse of quantum pretty funny as this will hopefully soon get into peoples minds that quantum is basically just a very tiny scale of things, not at all magical.

helix.northwestern.edu...

The impact of quantum physics has been enormous: not only is it the prime common factor in nearly all physics Nobel Prizes awarded in the past one-hundred years, but it has also been a crucial driving force in technological advances ranging from lasers and superconductors to medical imaging like MRIs. Indeed, imagining a world in which quantum physics had never been discovered would amount to eliminating a lot of the technology we take for granted each and every day.

Such a quantum computer could solve tasks in a heartbeat that would currently require centuries of computation time on the fastest computers available today.

Just for a sampling, this sounds pretty "magical" to me.

There is a quantum experiment called the double-slit experiment in which light is sent through two slits. If you observe which of the two slits it comes through, it behaves like a particle. If you look where it lands beyond the slits, it behaves like a wave. But even weirder, if you wait for it to pass through the slits and then look, it will force the light to have passed through one slit or the other. Basically, the future can affect the past.

There is something called quantum entanglement that happens when an electron and a positron meet. They are annihilated but create two photons, each of which has the exact opposite spin of the other. Thanks to that fact the two are always affecting each other. You can never know in advance which direction each one will turn until you observe them. Until you do, they’re both going both ways. Amazingly, if you observe one, the other will immediately start spinning the opposite direction, no matter where it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I was referring to gems like this. That's the bs.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I was referring to gems like this. That's the bs.

Hum never heard of this sort of thing. I guess the word will be sellable sounding futuristic.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
1. Mind-control

We are experimenting for a long time with this. Delgados work is the first that comes to mind.

The concept and attempts of mind-control (and brainwashing which is related) goes back further than that, see nr.3 en nr.2 from 4:04 - 5:00 in the video below or the video that follows that video in that playlist:

Exploding the MYTHS

5. Mythology
6. Consciousness
Meaning the question of the soul is something I intuitively answer with yes, but what it is how it works is beyond me and I am still looking for answers on that one.

One myth leads to another (ATS thread page 1)
More detailed information on myth 1: the soul is immortal (and what the word "soul" really means, i.e. using your words "what it is"). Possibly the most commonly believed myth amongst humanity and taught by organized religions, past and present (continues on page 4). A major doctrine as taught by Babylon the Great (and can be traced back to Babylonian religious beliefs, thought and philosophy):

edit on 5-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It's a bit like David Sereda and his crystals. Pseudo-scientific snake oil.

a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you cool stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join