It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News For Pot Heads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiStErBeLLaTrIx

A demonstrator smokes cannabis during the Fifth Annual International Cannabis March in London on May 3.
Smoking marijuana will certainly affect perception, but it does not cause permanent brain damage, researchers from the University of California at San Diego say. REUTERS/Hugo Philpott

"The findings were kind of a surprise. One might have expected to see more impairment of higher mental function," said Dr. Igor Grant, a UCSD professor of psychiatry and the study's lead author. Other illegal drugs, or even alcohol, can cause brain damage.

UK Reuters Yahoo

[Edited on 28-6-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

The pic would make a good avatar dont you thinki? altho its tpoo big.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Use in moderation.
Too much of a good thing is not good.

Personally, I think there is alot of other products on the market that will harm or kill you alot sooner than Ole Mary Jane Sweatleaf will.

Such as Coffee, Milk, Flour, Meat, & Grapes to name just a few. All pesticide sprayed or steroid injected.
Everything now gives you the Big C (cancer) or who knows what is to come in 50 years if we are still around.

Does anyone remember paraquat?
Facts about Paraquat

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The worse thing about Marijana is the fact that it keep fat cats like German Briceno rich and powerful. It feeds murders and terrorists. They get rich off that stuff and no one even thinks twice about the price. Why????

Cause there is nothing they can do to stop the high prices. They know who controls that industry and they don't care. They just go on token while people die in Mexico and Colombia over it. Innocent farmers and their familes are slaughtered for refusing to house the crops on their land. And we here in America support this genocide. Just another ignorant vanity of ours' that kills by the thousands. Sad isn't it???

Abraham

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Who knows why drugs are illegal, while other things that are also bad for us are not illegal ?

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My opinion on legalities.

There are three forces operating.

1. Market controls. Industries and companies manufacturing legal drugs have sufficient (undue) influence to (il)legally prevent competitor products getting a toehold.

2. Social controls. No conservative state running on family values, greed and mass consumerism wants a large segment of its population getting any funny ideas through altered or enhanced perceptions of reality.

3. Health responsibility. So-called harmless drugs have unquantified harmful effects usually not visible except for ODs and brain damage.

I buy into 3, bt not 1 or 2, as good rationale to hold back on major decriminalization or legalization initiatives.

Also

4. (But I don't want to believe it). Keeping drugs illegal inflates their price, which is good for the manufacturers and their government sponsors.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good news for potheads? No. Dont be stupid.

Marijuana is good for over 30 diseases/symptoms. Its good for fuel, paper, rope, its full of uses. Come on, its not a bad thing at all. No need to attach detrimental language.... Almost all of the anti-drug propaganda is B/s.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It is wonderful for any number of things but I wont except your assertion that all the stuff is BS. It has bad side affects and your quite welcome to come here and talk to some of my friends and try to tell them its BS. I smoke and have never really had any probs with it, the same can`t be said of some of the people I know.

I`ll repeat myself for your benefit and as I say you are welcome to come and chat to people I know about the below

"It has also been proven (in the case of strong hybrids) been found to cause schizophrenia and normal weed is known to greatly increase the chance of cancer.

Even though I may use it I do not recommend anyone who has n`t to start, bad mistake period."

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was travelling on a Greyhound Bus from LA to NY a couple of years ago (i never will again), and when we Left LA Depot, this old man came and sat at the back of the bus. wher i was since ya know more shade in the abck and ther was some damn fine hotties. any way as we are heading out of california and into arizonia, (i think it was arizonia whats next to california?) The old man pulls out his bag and rolls this big fat joint and goes ' wana get high', now being that i was a tourist i wasnt intrested . . . at first but then he just lit that big boy up. any way the bus driver slammed on the brakes once he could smell the pot and marched down to the end of the bus, the verbal tirade that escaped his lips at this old man was shocking (i was stoned by this point), untill that is the old man goes dont worry bro just have a hit, and every one cracked up laughing, well the bus driver told the old man to get off and he said 'no' al of a sudden he pulls out his carry on bag and open it, and begins pulling out doctors certificates saying he can smoke cause he has glacoma, we spent the est of the 7 day trip gtting stoned off our face with this old guy.
and in the end he gave me half an O for doing his munchie runs.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
seedy_sid, that sounds like a good plot for "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 2"
..........I wish I was there

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"Take it to the head, take it to the head"...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Huh?
What?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baal
Huh?
What?

Haven't you watched Scary Movie 2??

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Awesome...I'm sure this research will bring much comfort to the many young people I see every day in the Psych Wards due to Drug Induced Psychosis...all principally from Marijuana usage...

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by alien]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Awesome...I'm sure this research will bring much comfort to the many young people I see every day in the Psych Wards due to Drug Induced Psychosis...all principally from Marijuana usage...

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by alien]

Well i smoke weed daily and i still have my job, and my life etc etc, and believe me i DO smoke more than 6 joints a day...
I think people doesn�t understand the concept of smoke marihuana if they never did, like all the medics trying to help people stop with it, while the medic doesn�t even know how that plant affects the brain and the human behavior
Anyway i do know a lots of potheads here in holland and they are normal people (Sometimes stoners are better than non-stoners
)

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
hey alien just a question, would you rather have the Teens coming in beacause of pot, or beacause of P? kids will do drugs even if it is just to experiment, but im pretty sure id rather have my kid stoned then on P.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join