It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet? Not ISS over Pittsburgh headed north.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Im outside with the brightness set low on my tablet. I get migraines too. I hate to say it, but get to the doctor and get back your vision.... then Go Outside and Look Up occasionally.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: Bigburgh

It was vaping like a fuzzy glow around it

I saw something very similar (fuzzy glow) in Seattle area a few years ago. It was a slow-mover like what you saw (about 10 minutes before out of site)... I was freaking out.

I never got confirmation what it was, but my best guess after researching a bit was one of those balloons with an LED inside

This glow had a small tail to it( forgot to mention that in my post ).
But yes a weather balloon would fit the time it took to traverse the sky.
I've seen all kinds of satellites and meteors in my time. Nothing like this, it's why I chose Comet to describe what i saw.

I believe there it a meteor shower coming around the 12 of Aug.
I'm sitting out here with dang near total cloud coverage like a kid expecting to see something again.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was outside then. Couldn't concentrate on my usual skywatch since the new puppy needed attention while he showed off his potty skills and then wanted to play.
Armpit of the east side of PA. New London-ish. About five miles from both Delaware and Maryland.

I'll keep my eyes open.

My family and I actually observed with the naked eye two small satellites orbiting. They were too close together and moving too fast to be anything else. Just looked like two faint moving stars a small space apart.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
The ISS transit on good sightings is about 5 minutes, only reason I ask about the time frame. Maybe a high altitude spy plane test of some sort?

ISS was here and gone like you said. But this thing remained, thought perhaps aside from it's vaping it may have hit sunlight. But the brightness stayed the same the whole time. No kidding i locked my eyes on it till it was out of view.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

It was vaping like a fuzzy glow around it

I saw something very similar (fuzzy glow) in Seattle area a few years ago. It was a slow-mover like what you saw (about 10 minutes before out of site)... I was freaking out.

I never got confirmation what it was, but my best guess after researching a bit was one of those balloons with an LED inside

This glow had a small tail to it( forgot to mention that in my post ).

Found this video, did it look like the thing starting at about 0:50?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I've seen what you have described as far as satellites.

Occasionally I'll see 2 together. One satellite in particular often, stays stationary around the big dipper. Flashes very irregular before moving off. Not lately but there was a time when I could time it right around 9:30pm and catch it nighly.

Take good care of your pup

edit on 2-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Not really. More like this except it was not a missle reentry.
and it was 11:42pm so no sunlight here.😊

Searching for a better pic for my description.

Edit: now picture the Tail to a point than a flare.

Note: this is a Trident Misslie.. so obviously not what i saw but closer with pointed glow or fuzz as i described. ☺

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

How about this?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

No you can see the aircraft lights and the afterburner.
This was no airplane.

Hang tight I'm going to upload a pic.😊

Edit: ok here, but not as long of a tail. This is the closest pic i can find to fit wht i saw. And the tail didn't flare outwards but to a point ( does tear drop help? )

Make it a bit fuzzier

Except no daylight sun. Close to midnight and dark.

And your helping is most appreciated.

Thankyou very very much.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Edit: ok here, but not as long of a tail. This is the closest pic i can find to fit wht i saw. And the tail didn't flare outwards but to a point ( does tear drop help? )

That's what made me think of the last video. If you focus on only the afterburner and not the other lights you have a tear shaped dull glow. That's why I was thinking high altitude test of a spy plane. That wouldn't have aircraft lighting or likely any sound due to altitude.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Great point

Didn't think to look at ADS-B Exchange. But that app doesn't always pick up every military aircraft.

Wish Zaph could say something.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The SR-71 flew in constant afterburn at top speeds, and is my fav plane of all time.

Just a sexy plane.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The attachment on the back was infact used to put off a vapor trail. I have a video lying around somewhere.
NASA test.

I Wish that's what i saw, but sadly no.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well, it would be amazing to see one of them fly today since they are now completely retired from any flight since '99, but maybe it's more advanced, unknown brother?

The attachment on the back was infact used to put off a vapor trail. I have a video lying around somewhere.

I picked that pic specifically for a reason. Just a badass multipurpose plane with almost no faults once perfected. Why retire it unless you have something better?

edit on 2-8-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Hehe.. thought that's where you were going.
This pic shows the fuel leaking out of the wings and vapors coming off the back.

Brian Shul mentioned 90k feet. But pretty sure I didn't see The Sled.

Just came inside, the skys almost clear. I can see the stars with some clouds. A meteor shot by.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A meteorite doesn't go that slow ( usually a few seconds) and comets appear to barely move at all

Interesting though

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Checking with the local planetarium that has a 360 cam.
And it appears it's now a dog park...wth😠
Awww man!

Ok planetarium still active.

www.pitt.edu...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

There were seventeen reports made last night of a fireball over FL, AL, GA, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina. Another seven from Co and UT.

Not many people ever see a good fireball. Sounds like you're a very lucky man

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hey thanks.
Looking at these though, I'm not seeing the amount of time these observations lasted.
Let me see if I get the written reports.

Ok found the reports stating the duration of the events. They're rather short, not much over 5 mins.
Seems july 31st on the graph had a huge spike. Thanks for that linky.

Edit:
Uh oh..

My event was 10 mins

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Estimated times will be different even *if* it was the same event. People are generally lousy with times too. Your 10 minutes could have been 7-8 and the guys saying 5 could have been 6-7. Plus other observers seeing the trajectory from different locations would have a different experience.

I'm certainly envious. Seen hundreds of shooting stars and never a decent fireball. Not one fireball at all.

ETA - Timings doh! Back to the drawing board. Artificial objects...
edit on 8.2.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join