It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A planet in a tri-star system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This thread is going great. While I have to take some creative license, it's nice to keep sci-fi as realistic as possible. The advantage of having the story take place in the 37th century is that I can do almost anything with technology and write it off as future science.

For example, nanocules. Nanocules are found on protons and neutrons. The discovery of nanocules introduced the ability to manipulate light. It allowed the creation of macro-laser technology. It was a necessary ingredient to create force shields and warp drive engines.

Nanocules are used in gravity drives. They are the discovery humanity needs to exit make it to the next star system in less then a year's time.

Nanocules are party of the God particle family.

Your thoughts?

Building on that, I would like to introduce hyper light, the ability to send a message on a beam of light from point A to point B at multiple times the speed of light. This allows for a minimal communication delay between Earth One and the Feditary but is easily detectable.

The Tripidions have perfected this process to allow reverse light and non-emitting light.

Reverse light only emits inward so it is not detectable but it is highly radioactive. So if you are searching for radioactivity, reverse light pings like an angry gorilla in a China shop. Non-emitting light contains all the components of any type of light but it also contains non-emitting qualities. The light sort of disappears to places unknown but is absolutely still there along with all the data on it.

The Feditary understands the concept of non-emitting light as a theory but are not able to create it. The Tripidions use it as a source of communication.

The Feditary doesn't realize it but they are bordering on technologies that wreak havoc on their dimensional field. The Tripidions understand the theory of dimensional traversity and they are working hard to create a practical use for it in a controlled environment.

While the Feditary works to find a technology that equals the playing field, the Tripidions are seeking a technology that will allow them to bring the Feditary to an end in cycles (days), not 400 years (Earth One time).

Humanity hasn't seen an hour this dark since WWII. With the ban against Earth One culture, few in the Feditary know anything about a war that took place 17 centuries ago (37th century - 20th century).

Opinions?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For the OP, a very random occurance...

A potato man recently undug.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

My suggestion would be to keep technobabble to a minimum. If you need FTL travel and coms for your story, use them. But don't waste your time on explaining how they work. Focus more on the story you are trying to tell.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

My suggestion would be to keep technobabble to a minimum. If you need FTL travel and coms for your story, use them. But don't waste your time on explaining how they work. Focus more on the story you are trying to tell.

I agree 100%. If you're going to used known physics (such as gravity & orbits, stellar characteristics & possible planets (bright blue stars don't live long enough to have stable planetary systems with abundant life) antimatter or even the postulated behavior of negative matter, make sure you get it right. If you're making-up future-tech out of whole cloth, don't bother to explain. Nobody needs to know the technical basis of a light sabre or and X-wing; they just work.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

How is their locomotion??

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What is the fascination of 3's of everything?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join