It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North might be able to hit most of mainland U.S.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The base on Guam is enough. China doesn't have nearly as much control over North Korea as people believe they do.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The base on Guam is enough. China doesn't have nearly as much control over North Korea as people believe they do.

Guam is not a negotiation piece. We would never, well maybe under Hillary, trade away Guam for disarmament. So build bomber bases on Japan, China would negotiate all day to get that out of their swimming pool.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

And putting them in Japan puts a significantly larger bullseye on them. Not that it matters, because even if China negotiated to remove them they can't do a lot with North Korea anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Guam is not a negotiation piece. We would never, well maybe under Hillary, trade away Guam for disarmament. So build bomber bases on Japan, China would negotiate all day to get that out of their swimming pool.

You really don't give a wit about the sovereignty of any other country do you? Preemptive strikes are a terrible idea, China doesn't have the level of control over N. Korea that you seem to think and you're completely missing the point regarding airfields in Guam. Guam doesn't need to be a negotiation piece. It has strategic value allowing us to hit anywhere in S. East Asia or the Pacific. We can't just start building air fields in Japan large enough to accommodate B2's
Japan is a sovereign foreign country. We don't just start building there because we feel like it when it has nowhere near the strategic value you are attempting to place on it. I'm a 44 year old cripple because when I was 17 I bought in, hook line and sinker, to the might of the American Mitary and we can go where we want, when we want however we want and I'm part of that 60% of service vets who the VA took a giant dump on. I don't see any need for other kids to have to go through anything remotely resembling my situation or end up like the friends I've lost. Sorry, but very few 11 B's ever come home again. What I mean by that is that even if the person physically comes back unscathed, the person that left home for Ft. Benning (or any of the others numerous bases that host basic, AIT and any other courses one may go through during their training prior to deployment). This callous attitude of yours with regards to ending quite literally, millions of lives, is in my mind an afront to any and everyone who has ever worn a uniform and taken that oath. If you're that gung ho to topple Lil Kim, take one of those fine Chinese tours and go after him on your own. Our proposals are irrational and inconsiderate at best. T&C prohibit me from saying what Is really like to do I will quit while I'm ahead because your entire line of thought is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Fear-mongering 101, get people afraid of a boogeyman then have them agree to "preemptively" strike them. That's how they did it with Vietnam and that's how they did it with Iraq after 9/11, history repeating itself.

Still feel the same way????????

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Just let North Korea do what they want! They only want to live peacefully. America is nothing but a war machine.

I do wonder if North Korea does successfully bomb or nuke some country, what will be the response? Facebook profile pic flag and apologies honoring the dead? Hahahahahaa.

Oh good, your house first then?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
If NK does hit a city in the US
you'll know TPTB let it happen.
Most of NPK's missiles crash 3 miles off NK's coast.
And there is zero chance I believe their
submarine launch capabilities are that much
better.

Trump is damned if does and damned if he doesn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
NK has already produced nuclear warhead that can fit inside missiles. But don't worry, they can't reach us. They're saying they control up to 60 nuclear warheads.
edit on 8-8-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

We need for China to act like a super power so we dont need to act like world police.

NK may have this posibility, but who knows how long they can maintain it. They have to maintain it for it to count.

If the 12 people they have that are crucial to this are executed, jailed, defect, or just get old....they are done.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join