It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deep State is Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You nailed it imo. Hope a mod throws you some points for that reply.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You only see it from your side where you believe you and everyone on the "Right", whoever that is, are like some kind of underdog fighting a giant evil empire. But you fail to see that first of all you can't just make everything two sided like that. The world isn't that simple.

Of course things are not black and white and there isn't just one giant evil empire fighting an underdog. There are of course different factions working against each other I'm oversimplifying things here. There is a right wing neocon network that warmongers and tries to control world events. People like McCain are part of it, but take note of who McCain really chooses to align himself with. However the point I'm making is still valid and it's perfectly legitimate to generalize politics into "left" and "right" when the two party system is set up that way and the vast majority of people are quick to generalize their political ideology into one of the two categories.

I used to always try to avoid dividing politics into a simple left and right category because it doesn't capture the full complexity of the situation and I'm not a republican or a democrat, I'm a center-right libertarian. I realize it's not healthy to view the world like that and I certainly don't, but I've also come to recognize that it can some times be a valid way to articulate an argument because society has divided themselves whether we like it or not.

They control all areas of influence. Maybe the left has more of the entertainment area but the Right has almost all the Religious institutions locked in step.

That is true but one example hardly seems to refute my argument. Also I would argue that religious people have a natural tendency to be conservative and fall onto the right because it aligns more with their fundamental belief system. It's pretty clear that most aspects of society are biased towards a certain direction on the political spectrum, regardless of how many dimensions you wish to assign to the spectrum. Keep in mind the U.S. has the most widespread right leaning ideology of basically all nations on Earth, so you can only imagine how much worse it is in the more progressive nations.
edit on 1/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The "deep state" is definitely real and they've thrown their Trump card (I know, very original). Trump is such an overwhelmingly divisive figure, that's exactly the kind of person the "deep state" wants us focused on so that we eventually turn against each other. That is exactly what has happened thanks to the "deep state's" media and their puppet Trump fighting a scripted "war".

Look at low divided we've become, who exactly are the ones who benefit from division? The deep state and they're running the Trump show right now.
edit on 8/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I agree. It's a nice quick label that can be slapped on some vague and broad group of pretty much anyone that then makes them "the enemy" and you or your side "the true hero".

It's a propaganda term similar to "Fake News" which can and is applied very loosely and without any real meaning but promotes the idea of division.

That way political figures or other sources of information can be termed part of the "Deep State" for almost any reason thereby eliminating them as a source of valid information completely.

Anyone who's been watching should have been aware of this for a while now actually. As time goes on more and more people and groups of people, whether they're actually part of such groups or not are being pulled into the fold too. There are those who now think all major news, every intelligence agency, all Liberals, Democrats, Progressives, Colleges, Entertainers, almost all media and even just average people who might be of a different political lean are part of this Grand Evil Cabal or Deep State.

Propaganda and sewing the seeds of distrust within the minds of people who are looking for some enemy to make sense out of the chaos works very well. I mean they are already looking so all you have to do is push them in a direction and they'll do the rest on their own. If you want to find an enemy, you'll for sure find one because they can be found in almost every direction you look.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You still persist in seeing division. There is no "left" cabal to be countered by "right" cabal. There is simply a cabal and it encompasses certain actors on both sides who play the game as part of their role in the globalist structure.

It's far bigger than just our nation.

As to how Trump won? Either he has his part to play in it, or our system itself is a weakness they haven't yet completely gamed around. It still throws them some surprises. He is one.

Remember, right up until about 9pm, everyone everywhere, even here, was convinced Hillary was going to win. They were so sure that some of the things they could have done at the last minute (I still think the Russia game was prepped to use as an October surprise if needed) they never needed. Why would they? Hillary was winning.

Then she didn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Based on your beliefs in the deep state, you should agree with me that they also control the intelligence agencies, right?
Then how would you explain the Comey letter which was released a week before the election?

That's another very interesting question that I don't have a good answer for. My assumption, based on what I know about Comey, would be that he was forced to push on with the investigation because something came to light which he simply couldn't ignore. I doubt it would have been an action designed to get Trump elected but it certainly came off that way. To be fair I've always liked the FBI more than most other intelligence agencies, they do a lot of real crime investigation and catching criminals rather than clandestine intelligence work, and I'm sure there are many good people at the FBI.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The problem with your essay is all the “liberal media” stuff as if the conservative media wasn’t all for the Iraq war and many other deep states agendas

The conservative Bush regime was in on 911 and started the Iraq war

The media liberal or conservative is influenced if not controlled by the CIA.

The deep sate is not liberal or conservative it uses both

Fox, CNN, and the major networks.

And what you call liberal amounts to secular humanists that believe in abortion and have liberal social values

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Keep in mind that I am basing this on a Game of Thrones theory, but here goes:

As it pertains to Comey, the best players of the game will never let you know for sure where they stand, sometimes even making moves against themselves if necessary to throw people off the scent.

Even with that letter, they still all believed she was winning, and it was an attempt to make her sympathetic and look wronged.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think your replying to the wrong person. I've been saying not to view it as some two sided thing and that the whole idea is to cause division and to stop seeing it that way.

Not sure how you got the opposite message from that.

As for Hillary getting elected and Russia, I never mentioned that at all so I have no idea why you're bringing that up with me.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look at low divided we've become

Know when it started ? I do
Think the "Great Uniter" (i.e. the "messiah") and look back. Then you will know...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The deep state =Bilderberger type groups plus the major think tanks, corporate Military and intelligence complex control over the bureaucratic insiders in government and congress, plus the control of the MSM and corporate financial and banking structure

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And who is kicking it into high gear? The orange messiah. Same ol' same ol', Trump is just continuing the tradition only turning it into something like reality TV.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

THank you for this. I had the same reaction to the post you mentioned and quoted. I was shocked that someone on ATS would argue that there isn't a deep state.

That's what the military-industrial complex is! Just by another name. Powerful financial, military, political, intelligence, and media oligarchs and their puppets intertwined. Even many politicians and esteemed academics and intellectuals have discussed such a system.

However, I think you are falling into a false sense that this is "left wing" or liberal.

In fact, much of the military-industrial complex, from police state to neo-imperialism/endless wars abroad, would actually be more right wing traditionally.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

You are delusional if you think that the MIC/Deep state is "liberal." Traditionally it has been very right wing, going back to all of the cold war CIA and proxy war shenanigans.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If the 'deep state' is real, then how did Donald Trump, of all people, get into office to begin with? If they wanted to block Trump, they didn't do a very good job. Maybe not as "powerful" as you imagine "them" to be.

Because Trump is part of the establishment..... It's just people on here have fallen for the lie that he is anti-establishment.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Gothmog

And who is kicking it into high gear? The orange messiah. Same ol' same ol', Trump is just continuing the tradition only turning it into something like reality TV.

Ideally, we wouldn't even know this thing existed except for rumor. That we are seeing it at all is because it's showing itself like it is in such a furious attempt to get rid of Trump.

Now, I am not thinking Trump is wonderful, merely saying you can tell you're over the target when you start to draw a lot of fire. It's insane how unhinged things have become. Today they actually released a counter-narrative before the story was there to counter.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The conservative Bush regime was in on 911 and started the Iraq war

The world has obviously vastly changed since the Bush era, but I agree there was some true deep state action happening in those days.

The deep sate is not liberal or conservative it uses both

I agree actually, when you get down to it there really isn't a left and a right deep state fighting each other. I think ketsuko articulates this point very well by saying "it encompasses certain actors on both sides who play the game as part of their role in the globalist structure". The key world here is globalist, whether it's Hillary or McCain, they both want to police the world and warmonger constantly. Ultimately the best way to achieve their goals is through liberal ideology, it has been proven as an effective method for subduing populations of many nations, and fundamentally globalism requires a progressive foundation.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Anything and everything within partisan politics can be countered by either side because both parties are guilty of the same exact sort of things as one another.

The deep state is in complete control, including Trump's win and his supposed war with the media. It's all to divide and distract. Trump is the biggest distraction of all.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Great post. If anyone is interested in this subject, there is a really good book out there called The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline by James Perloff. I highly recommend it.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
a reply to: Rezlooper

You are delusional if you think that the MIC/Deep state is "liberal." Traditionally it has been very right wing, going back to all of the cold war CIA and proxy war shenanigans.

Actually it takes heavy Left Wing authoritarian policies to make the MIC/Deep state work.

Genuine Conservatives don't press the big government/banking buttons.

All ya have to do is read the Marx 10-Planks and it's right there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join