It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS should ban Political threads

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i pity the fool who cannot see the conspiracy underlying most politics

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

No. I find the endless threads on US politics tedious and avoid 99.99999% of them, but most members are American, I'm not, so that's why.

If political threads were banned, I don't think we'd have very much to talk about.

I think the opposite - we ought to be allowed to discuss anything.

No likey, no ready.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I think ATS should ban threads requesting to ban political threads!

Period.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Heres the thing belkide.

The biggest conspiracy in the entire world, revolves around the structures and the mechanisms which support the rule of the many, by a lofty and unaccountable few. Never in my life, have these structures been as easily visible and clearly insidious, as they are today. It is little wonder therefore, that those issues seem to be taking up so much time and space on the boards.

Now, would I prefer to be conversing on matters pertaining to outer space, technologies pertaining thereto, advances in biological sciences, medical treatments, and a whole host of other matters? Of course. However, the biggest conspiracy in human history, the longest running one, the one affecting the most people at once, is one which SHOULD be discussed, at length, until either it ends, or the species does.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Politics is at the very heart of conspiracy.
If you don't like it, don't contribute.

Only if we discuss why it is. If we only bicker about who we dislike more, maybe the OP has a point.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
One way would be to read topic,then avoid post if it seems to offend your thought,simple I do it all the time and it works

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well,there are a lot of people who hang out in threads like Badogmas' Metacafe mega thread who seem to be content there.I looked in on it and saw all these people who rarely post in other threads.You can find what you're looking for.Just dig a little.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Won't happen... We are what we are, so it is what it is. It's the entire membership and their current thoughts that denote the path.

If our mods, the owner and the admins restricted things... we wouldn't have a forum like this. *

*PS... I don't like them either... But just go to the FORUMS page and divert to your favorite topics.

Peace.... MS

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

A little something for everyone.
There are no alien stories in the food forum or ghosts or politicians.
There are no conspiracies in the pets forum.
You just go to the threads that interest you.
We don't need to ban threads because you don't like the subject.
Just go to the ones you do like.
Easy easy.
You don't want to be telling others what to do or think.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Of course I know politics have more theories than other topics usually. But just because of this it doesn't mean that it has to be the only thing I am shown on the main page. Maybe let me see a custom mainpage? Or limit the topic thread numbers shown individually?

Everyone of you is right, but this problem of mine irritating for me and maybe some other more. I am sorry maybe the thread name is very agressive but this is how I feel. Not we should ban but we should put a limitation.
edit on 2-8-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why don't you simply save a bookmark to the MyATS link and use that to access the site instead of going to the main page? Avoid the main page, and go directly to where to can already customize the entry the way you like it. Then, it has ZERO effect on the thousands of other ATS members who either do not agree with you or are already using the existing customization features of the site.

Please, make a little effort here. Otherwise, you come across as just a whiny 2 year old that doesn't give a care for anyone else but yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

But its one click and having some tabs open. I don't want tabs. I wan't to surf in a single page LIKE YOU GUYS DO
which combines all the high rated topics.
I know what you say can be done. If I am wrong with this if it is like how I want, why not?
edit on 2-8-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

SO, the entire thousands of ATS members need to adjust because you can't make an extra click, or be bothered to make a flipping bookmark?

Either you are the most spoiled person I have ever seen, or you are a troll getting your excitement at our expense. Either way, I can honestly say, forget it kid. The world does not revolve around you and your petty needs.

I am out......

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
But its one click and having some tabs open. I don't want tabs. I wan't to surf in a single page LIKE YOU GUYS DO
which combines all the high rated topics.
I know what you say can be done. If I am wrong with this if it is like how I want, why not?

Are you ready for your binky now?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nobody has to adjust... Just the ones who want. You kidding me with that "spoiled" thing?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Does it mean that I will get an invitation from your mason hq?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Does it mean that I will get an invitation from your mason hq?

No, we normally don't invite children.

Unless they're on the menu.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Duuuuuuuuuuuude my hands are burnt! omg so good. I will write this down =)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Duuuuuuuuuuuude my hands are burnt! omg so good. I will write this down =)

Just make sure you credit me when you use it.

After you figure out how to use the site of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

*Harsh*

Enjoyed?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join