It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS should ban Political threads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"I can do the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.”
-Harry Potter

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lets find a solution! This is a well known fact here and some people are just so satisfied with it. No. I want my old ATS back.

This IS the old ATS. And I was a member in 2008 , and had been lurking since the very start....
So, what I hear , you want to change to ATS to fit your concept of the old ATS ?
What is old to you when speaking of ATS ?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"I can do the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.”
-Harry Potter

"Stop lying, you can't even jog." - Reality

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"I can't keep holding on, you win."
-Gravity

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: belkide

I think ATS should ban Political threads

No. I am here to see some space stuff, some alien stuff some tech stuff and some unknown paranormal stuff.

I don't wanna click to specific forums to find new topics besides politics

I don't wanna see a mainpage just full of political stuff.

I don't deserve to click and find the REAL ATS topics. I deserve to see them when I just hit "enter"

There's a word for this..

It is interesting to note the first word in each of those sentences is "I". Go with the MyATS solution, "I" use it, as well as the "Live" page. "I" never go to the home page because "I" am not lazy and expect everyone to cater to my whims like a spoiled brat.

But, that's just me.

"I" agree.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

That's like demanding burger King not sell. Mostly chicken.

"But burgers are what they're there for!"

Business get bigger, and sometimes though it is unfortunate, they usually curtail to consumers.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The "don't like it, don't click it" is a poor argument to be honest.

A lot of people are deterred to even contribute to an actual conspiracy thread in fear of triggering people with words and being labeled either LEFT (mostly) or ALT RIGHT or somehow Trump is intertwined into the thread.
I have noticed a decline is posters who I used to see all the time when I lurked, and first joined.

It seem this website has become a sort of political stomping ground, and when a conspiracy comes up it gets quickly swept under the rug and unnoticed to these political 'debates'. People literally come here now and think this is /pol/ attempting to red pill people.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Don't bother trying to reason with them OP. Most of the members have turned into sarcastic politics zombies. They are gone, no coming back.

Just hope the virus doesn't claim you too.

Stay human.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A good compromise would be to make the political forums like RATS where you have to have a minimum of posts to get in.
That way newbies have a chance to get acquainted and comfortable with the forum.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

That's a very good idea, Caver. After 10,000 or so general posts, they will be allowed to talk about politics.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
After 10,000 or so general posts, they will be allowed to talk about politics.

In that case I would make 50 political threads a day since there's not many people who could disagree with me.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I look forward to reading your political threads and no one elses.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Pretty sure ATS, leaves it up to US to ban them or not. If you don't like em don't click em. Me now I will in no way shape or form try reasoning with the unreasonable. I do however click on threads read some stuff and post links. If someone is an immature idiot, I just ignore them. They don't want to be informed, so be it. To many of them bash you for providing information and don't give you a reason why, or provide information why they feel the way they do. That is equivalent to someone just sticking their fingers in their ears after insulting you and going "LALALALALALALALALALALA" that is pretty much what you get. So mature certain people are on ATS(not all many are great)!

edit on 1-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 1-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
I look forward to reading your political threads and no one elses.

Way to disarm me. I got nothing now.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, as I have many ways to get what I want from ATS members.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The extreme laissez faire policy of the place (not sure what can be done about that).

The belief that membership on this site in an of itself makes one special (I was not there for all that..)

The belief that people can't think for themselves, followed by the epic trollery just for aha points phrased as actual intelligence..

The fact that even stupid people have egos...the not me factor..the fondness humans have for saying the same godd#/^ thing 50 times.

Misuse of the golden rule to the point that someone thinks "if I see you do it I'll do what you did!!"

The belief all and every cocamamie thing on here translates to the immediate world..

People sucking people in as per not having personal responsibility and failing to credit the person for inspiring them on something by saying so.

Stars..
edit on 1-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oh I'll eh..
edit on 1-8-2017 by mericks74 because: Not important..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

We see this often enough here on ATS, the subject of "we need to get rid of (insert subject here) from ATS" or "We need a way to filter what content we see"

The fact is, each and every member can tailor make what they see on ATS, and make it to where they never see any of the stuff they don't want to see on here.

But: you have to do the work yourself. It's quite easy if you use the myATS feature. Here his a link with instructions and even pictures to show what to do. You just have to make an effort to do it:

Instructions on how to set up myATS page

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I try to laugh and find humor in politics.

It's so depressing if you look at it seriously.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I spent countless hours lurking in the 9/11 forums watching segments of ATS expose themselves.

They did that over there???? So the rumor was true? There really was a kinkier side to ATS. Hmmmmph!

You know, I knew there was a reason I always felt kinda dirty going over there!

ETA...Was there like an index or something? So you could like pick out which members you wanted to see? I mean, cuz like some ATSer's, well...EEEEEEEEeeewwww!

edit on 8/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join