It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS should ban Political threads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes. And maybe these users must be redirected to a Political site. This is not a political site and 90% of the political threads does not contain any conspiracy theory like they claim, if they claim. No. I am here to see some space stuff, some alien stuff some tech stuff and some unknown paranormal stuff.

I know this is said many times but not maybe this harsh. Save yourself ATS. Its getting really boring. Sorry to be very open but yes you are. I don't wanna click to specific forums to find new topics besides politics. WW3 ? Maybe. But not political stuff inside USA. I am sick of this.

Why not make a huge change? Why not? Its because of site traffic? I can see you are getting a lot of traffic for political discussions. I am ready to pay for their AD revenue just to have the old ATS back. Let them hang out in a different forum! Have them in a different page! I don't wanna see a mainpage just full of political stuff. Cmon ATS. You know what I am talking about and you yet don't do anything knowngly rather let it be the ad revenues or your "they can talk whatever they want" policy.

Please gather them in a single forum topic on mainpage and let those people reach their intented subject by clicking. I don't deserve to click and find the REAL ATS topics. I deserve to see them when I just hit "enter" .

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I believe I've pinpointed the problem belkide.

originally posted by: belkide
I don't wanna click to specific forums to find new topics besides politics.

ETA:

That said, one idea I could throw out there would be to add a 'Politics' filter on the New Threads page. There are a few filters there already.

edit on 8-1-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Politics is at the very heart of conspiracy.
If you don't like it, don't contribute.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

See thats the problem. I think you can't get me. Let me click in a political site for conspiracy stuff but not in a conspiracy site to dig in to find these stuff.
edit on 1-8-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes it is but this turned into a news site. Political stuff was always in the heart of conspiracy before this flood. Don't worry. I don't also contribute. But ATS should maybe open a side forum =)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes it is but this turned into a news site. Political stuff was always in the heart of conspiracy before this flood. Don't worry. I don't also contribute. But ATS should maybe open a side forum =)

Or maybe you should ignore threads you don't like and learn how to use the site for your own enjoyment?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Except the fact that many political "conspiracies" from a few years ago have come true.

And some have been proven false.

What else would anybody want from a conspiracy forum ?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think I understand and just disagree with your solution.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wrong forum...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So you say I must ignore the whole main page full of news but nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lets find a solution! This is a well known fact here and some people are just so satisfied with it. No. I want my old ATS back.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eirgud

Wrong forum to open the topic maybe but also the whole forum is wrong place to race to write political news.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes but the whole site is flooding with politics. Cmon man you know what I am talking about. This has been more than 1,5 years and many people's patience consisting 1,5 years is too much. Maybe I am the only one to brag about, maybe they don't care but this is my limit. And for god's sake don't say "if this is your limit then find something else, click to the forums you want".

I simply want an algorythm no to see more than 3 political threads on the main page. Is it too much for asking to you guys? Is it?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't personally have a problem that needs fixing.

My mouse wheel is very proficient.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Yes but the whole site is flooding with politics. Cmon man you know what I am talking about. This has been more than 1,5 years and many people's patience consisting 1,5 years is too much. Maybe I am the only one to brag about, maybe they don't care but this is my limit. And for god's sake don't say "if this is your limit then find something else, click to the forums you want".

I simply want an algorythm no to see more than 3 political threads on the main page. Is it too much for asking to you guys? Is it?

You could always build your own website.
You could make it just the way you want it, cause, you know, it is all about you after all.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I can understand why you think you are right.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The solution is already exists. Use the 'My ATS' feature to subscribe to the forums you like and you'll never have to see a political thread again.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's up to you what you want to do. I'd suggest just clicking 'Forums' at the top of the page. Then you can choose where you want to go.

You can also subscribe to the forums you like.

Simple.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The solution is already exists. Use the 'My ATS' feature to subscribe to the forums you like and you'll never have to see a political thread again.

I think the max is five (unless it changed). But you're right, this could work as a solution. Idk if they can trust the advice of a Freemason though.

edit on 8-1-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

link   

I think what he is saying is just ignore the political threads on the main page. Just because you may not enjoy political conspiracy threads doesn't mean other people don't. As it is political threads are what is in at the moment.

I can understand your frustration, but I disagree with your wants.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join