It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scaramucci and White House Officials get punked by hacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Rudy Giuliani needs to step up his game as head of Trump's cybersecurity. In a story that's generally flying under the radar (so many bigger ones to pick on), a UK hacker's trolling of Scaramucci and others may have helped the downfall of the six-day-communications-director.

The Fix Analysis
A final indignity: Scaramucci got punked by an email prankster posing as Priebus
By Callum Borchers August 1 at 9:09 AM

How zany was Anthony Scaramucci's 10-day turn as White House communications director? His feud with Reince Priebus escalated to Shakespearean proportions — then turned out to involve an email prankster posing as President Trump's ousted chief of staff.

On top of everything else, Scaramucci got punked.

CNN's Jake Tapper reported Monday night on a heated email exchange that occurred on Saturday, the day after Trump replaced Priebus with John F. Kelly and three days after a bizarre episode in which Scaramucci on Twitter appeared to accuse Priebus of leaking a document that is actually a public record.
Source

This is reported in several sources, but the WaPo there has the fullest details.

The hacker certainly knew how to jerk his chain:

“I had promised myself I would leave my hands mud free,” wrote the fake Priebus, “but after reading your tweet today which stated how; 'soon we will learn who in the media who has class, and who hasn't', has pushed me to this. That tweet was breathtakingly hypocritical, even for you.

There's a couple of heated exchanges like this between the fake Priebus and Scaramucci. He also posed as other officials to punk Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert, Eric Trump and Jon Huntsman Jr. who has been nominated as ambassador to Russia.

another source

Some of the hacker's emails to Huntsman can be read here

It's pretty sad that our elected officials are not tech-savvy enough to avoid this kind of thing. There've been a number of these stunts during this administration, including some phone call "punking" that happened within the past month.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Punk a punk, perfect. Sad, the state of the White House these days. Lets see what happens next, on As The White House Turns (my stomach that is.)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All part of the plan.

And it's working like a lucky charm.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Children

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All part of the plan.

Come on now zue. You can't just pop out something like that without further comment. Part of the plan? Who's plan. Trum's plan? Whose? The media's? Is it the media that has turned mooch and others in to easy targets? Whose plan?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It's like watching those videos of people setting themselves on fire.

You sit there wondering, "Why would you do that?"

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

All part of the plan.

A PLAN to look incompetent?

Sometimes a hamburger is a hamburger NOT a steak

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

All part of the plan.

It's not fair seriously posting this before I get a chance to mockingly post it.

new topics

top topics

join