It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I am 100 percent serious. Look into counter intel. This may not even be about trump. We have literally no idea and fbi can use every trick and legal loophole if it's truly a serious intrusion by Russia.

They also may find lots of bad apples.

The point is let the results come out.

The media is a circus. Both sides. Unrelated to the reality on the ground.

OK not really serious but cynical.

I don't think we know. I trust the fbi more than literally any other government entity sadly enough.
edit on 1-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bull#. The Republicans bitched and complained but eventually most to all of them voted for Trump in the end. Time to get right with reality. The Republicans have been enabling his behavior for the last 7 months now.

What a bag of lies. Republicans and Dems have been obstructing Trump's agenda since day one.

Here's just one recent example of a Republican senator saying the GOP needs to stop Trump:

The GOP’s ‘tremendous powers of denial’: Breaking down a Republican senator’s case against Trump

Do you seriously believe that the Republicans didn't vote for Trump? That the Republicans have been hindering Trump? Because that is beyond dumb. Furthermore, your link is a recent link from a Republican Senator saying they are responsible for unleashing Trump into the political realm. It is agreeing with me by showing how some Senators are changing their minds on Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Do you seriously believe that the Republicans didn't vote for Trump? That the Republicans have been hindering Trump? Because that is beyond dumb. Furthermore, your link is a recent link from a Republican Senator saying they are responsible for unleashing Trump into the political realm. It is agreeing with me by showing how some Senators are changing their minds on Trump.

The entire party? No. But you'd be a bloody idiot, and you are beyond dumb, to say otherwise given this list.

This is a list of notable Republicans and conservatives who announced their opposition to the election of Donald Trump, the 2016 Republican Party nominee and eventual winner of the election, as the President of the United States. It also includes former Republicans who opposed Trump's campaign and who left the Republican Party during the 2016 presidential election, as well as Republicans who endorsed a different candidate. It does not include Republicans who opposed Trump during the primaries but never announced opposition to Trump as the nominee.

List of Republicans who oppose Trumps

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I'm the idiot? So how are those impeachment proceedings going along? Oh wait they aren't because Republicans are in charge. Hell this OP is about two House members carrying Trump's idiotic claim that Mueller has a conflict of interest for him. The fact that you think the GOP is standing against Trump really shows how out of touch with political news you really are. No #. Not every Republican supports him, but he certainly isn't being allowed to do what he is doing because of Democrat acknowledgement.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

Considering the nepotism and pay to play tactics that surround this administration I'd argue the previous levels of corruption are preferable.

The pay for play tactics of the last administration are preferable? How so?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You just asked if I really believed that republicans didn't vote for Trump, which is apparently 'beyond dumb', and when I show you evidence to the contrary you call me out of touch. Just another partisan hack and establishment pawn.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
TheTory lives in an alternate reality where the Republican have always been trying to thwart Trump. It doesn't matter than his 1% list is a fraction of the whole, a whole that has ridden the Trump wave to this point willingly and knowingly.

Heck, he posited a list of people that opposed Trump during the election as his thesis for why all republicans are against trump now. Its like he can't even decouple the election and various members of the same party supporting different candidates (gasp!) from the reality of president Trump and the Republican's willful collusion on all the good stuff Trump is doing (like banning people from certain Muslim majority countries and building that wall)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My point since you are trying to split hairs here is that the Republicans are the ones enabling Trump. They aren't sitting in opposition to him. Things MAY be changing now because Trump's administration is in a constant state of dysfunction and the GOP congressmen are starting to get fed up with it, but the only reason Trump is where he is at right now is because of the Republicans. End of story. You cannot spin that any other way.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
TheTory lives in an alternate reality where the Republican have always been trying to thwart Trump. It doesn't matter than his 1% list is a fraction of the whole, a whole that has ridden the Trump wave to this point willingly and knowingly.

Heck, he posited a list of people that opposed Trump during the election as his thesis for why all republicans are against trump now. Its like he can't even decouple the election and various members of the same party supporting different candidates (gasp!) from the reality of president Trump and the Republican's willful collusion on all the good stuff Trump is doing (like banning people from certain Muslim majority countries and building that wall)

Did Republicans like John McCain work with and possibly pay a Russian organization to create a false story to hurt Trump?

And if you think the Republicans are "willfully colluding" with Trump on his policies, why no ACA repeal?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

At least with the last administration those paying to play didn't get a spot in the Cabinet.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

At least with the last administration those paying to play didn't get a spot in the Cabinet.

Uh-huh ... that you know about.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That you know of.

Ketsuko beat me.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Simon_Boudreaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Wayfairer lives in an alternate reality where republicans are all behind Trump, patting him on the back and not obstructing his agenda. The failure to repeal Obamacare, even in a Republican majority, proved him wrong, but he no less reaches into his imagination in order to prove himself right.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My point since you are trying to split hairs here is that the Republicans are the ones enabling Trump. They aren't sitting in opposition to him. Things MAY be changing now because Trump's administration is in a constant state of dysfunction and the GOP congressmen are starting to get fed up with it, but the only reason Trump is where he is at right now is because of the Republicans. End of story. You cannot spin that any other way.

Trump is where he is right now – marred in fake scandals and obstructed at every interval – because of both Dems and Republicans, all of whom you appear to support. Another dodge and another lie!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ok. I can't talk to you anymore. Apparently you think Trump is there all because of himself with no help whatsoever. Clearly you fail at civics, but I see there is no convincing you. So I'm out. Believe your lie all you want. When you decide to deny some ignorance feel free to get a hold of me though. I'll be happy to help.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So your response is an Argument from Ignorance? I think I rest my case.
edit on 8/1/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Trump is where he is right now – marred in fake scandals and obstructed at every interval – because of both Dems and Republicans, all of whom you appear to support. Another dodge and another lie!

Then apparently Trump can't even lead his own party to accomplish his wishes. To busy with a bromance with moochie and a twitter addiction...it's sad, really really sad believe me.

Kelly, a true patriot will get this WH cluster **** settled out but it won't be to Trumps liking. Kelly will expose Trumps lies, bigly...believe me.
edit on 1-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That is not entirely correct. Trump is marred in scandals because of his actions and the actions of those he surrounded himself with.

We cannot blame anyone else for their conduct and we cannot claim these scandals to be fake.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The ACA not getting repealed has more to do with the various Republican factions not being able to agree on how best to F#%K over poor people and minorities rather than their disdain for Trump. The entire party will suffer for not repealing, so are you going to make an argument that they really didn't want to repeal it?

Jesus, the mental gymnastics required to think that Trump has been going this alone and the Republican party has been actively engaged in stopping him rather than helping him is impressive. Pathetic cherry picked quotes/articles referencing one senator here and one senator there mean less than nothing if the aggregate effect is the Republicans coalesced behind Trump with their support.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
The ACA not getting repealed has more to do with the various Republican factions not being able to agree on how best to F#%K over poor people and minorities rather than their disdain for Trump. The entire party will suffer for not repealing, so are you going to make an argument that they really didn't want to repeal it?

Jesus, the mental gymnastics required to think that Trump has been going this alone and the Republican party has been actively engaged in stopping him rather than helping him is impressive. Pathetic cherry picked quotes/articles referencing one senator here and one senator there mean less than nothing if the aggregate effect is the Republicans coalesced behind Trump with their support.

Oh please.

First, no one said that I saw, and I certainly don't believe that NO republicans, or even a majority dislike Trump.

But a significant number like Graham, McCain, and probably even Ryan don't like him, and are against many of his policies.

But I apologize for trying to have a reasonable discussion with you. Your comment,

"not being able to agree on how best to F#%K over poor people and minorities rather than their disdain for Trump"

Yes we know, everyone that disagrees with policies you like are evil racist. And you have the nerve to say other are engaging in mental gymnastics.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join