It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Since the investigation isn't centered on comey and is centered on Russia then a three year old should see where this is going.

The propaganda files cabinet.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Grambler
So if comey eventually is investigated, then you will admit there is a conflict of interests?

So if Comey isn't being investigated, then you will admit there isn't a conflict of interest? Obviously not.

2 separate things. Comey being investigated. Conflict of interest. The latter is a non issue now no matter what. The former is unrelated to conflict of interest because all of you jokers took a Repub Senators double pinky swear promise that Comey and Mueller are secret lovers (which you will only be able to commiserate about with each other since most of the Republican's don't buy that load either.

I haven't made any comment like what you say.

I said I would assume Mueller was a man of intergruty and wait for his results.

But being the "joker" you are, you are forced to mischaracterize what people are saying.

Your jokes about secret lovers is mildly amusing, but yet another example of you mischracterizing people.

But when it is officially anounced that comey is under investigation, you and all of your jokers can have fun explaining why you said that would be a conflict of interests.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey is under investigation for what by who?
edit on 1-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, because in Sessions' case it was necessary due to having been caught in a lie about Russia.

It wasn't necessary; it was an ethical decision on his part. Mueller should do the same and for the very same reasons.

The only person who thought it wasn't necessary was Trump. Everyone else, on both sides of the partisan aisle, agrees that was the appropriate call.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

No one yet. Although the house judiciary has put forth amendments to investigate his leaks, handling of lynch, etc.

My question is if it happens, apparently people,would consider Mueller a conflict of interest then.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I am confused because all the Senate oversight is on board with mueller they are run by republicans.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm glad you found amusement in it (I like to hear the effort isn't wasted).

If Comey comes under investigation within the scope of Muellers purview, then that would be the point for Mueller to decide whether there was a conflict of interest. The current administrations prerogative is to plant the 'narrative' that Comey and Mueller are friends so that they create the illusion of impropriety, at which point Mueller would feel public pressure to recuse himself to avoid a public outcry. Do you think its a good thing for the administration to push an agenda like this to fire people up? Does that insinuate innocence or guilt on the part of the administration.

Its a commonly known fact that the more innocent you are, the harder you must scheme and plot to prove your innocence.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

However, lets be honest. If Comey had intentionally leaked info about meetings with Hillary to the media for the purpose of having a special investigator, and then that investigator was Comeys mentor, and that investigator started appointing lawyers that were republican donors left and right, many of the same people claiming there is no conflict of interests now would be shouting through the roof.

Um... No... Liberals sat and waited through 8 #ing investigations into Benghazi. At no point did I hear people trying to sideline them with frivolous claims about conflicts of interest. Yet again you project conservative tactics onto liberals.

Oh the fbi director leaked info to the media to ensure a special investigator into Hillary and benghazi? And that investigator appointed Republican donors?

Comey was the ex-director when he did that. It wasn't until Comey was improperly fired by Trump that he did that.

I must have missed that.

And despite this, people like you still cried about the benghazi investigations.

Duh. They were a waste of time and money that didn't result in any indictments, but people like you who support them want to end this Russia investigation without even one investigation finishing.

And where was this mindset of not complaining about investigations when the doj was going to look into trump Russian collusion?

No, you and many others claimed a special investigator was needed and demanded sessions refuse himself. Funny how you now act like any questions of conflict of ineterests are woethless, when that is the exact argument people like you made to demand a special investigtor.

Because there was reasoning to do so.

And all the while, people like you fought tooth and nail against having an independent investigation when lynch met Bill on tarmac.

"people like me" "people like me". Blah blah blah. Here you are yet again pretending like you know me.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Do you think they would have success over turning the Senate judiciary and sub committee. Graham and Grassley are on record. They already know who Mueller and Comey are...

So did the house...they just don't have as hard of a time getting ellecred since they are smaller regions.

Cannon fodder starts in the house.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No one yet. Although the house judiciary has put forth amendments to investigate his leaks, handling of lynch, etc.

My question is if it happens, apparently people,would consider Mueller a conflict of interest then.

They can't say yes....Cause if there is a conflict then there is a conflict now. Comey is part of the current investigation and being they were close co workers and friends the conflict there is the same as here.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am confused because all the Senate oversight is on board with mueller they are run by republicans.

You notice how they are all grasping at straws and trying to come up with very weak parallels to other investigations? It's really sad how desperate they are to try to get any ground on this conflict of interest story.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The only person who thought it wasn't necessary was Trump. Everyone else, on both sides of the partisan aisle, agrees that was the appropriate call.

Both sides of the partisan aisle never wanted Trump to be president in the first place. Both sides of the aisle are statists.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

So congress needs to recuse themselelves from any prosecution hearings for colleagues.

Your not making a great argument here.

With the support of Bob Mueller in the house and Senate this is propaganda and this "top gop" congressman is what I'd called limelighting.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Both sides of the partisan aisle never wanted Trump to be president in the first place. Both sides of the aisle are statists.

Bull#. The Republicans bitched and complained but eventually most to all of them voted for Trump in the end. Time to get right with reality. The Republicans have been enabling his behavior for the last 7 months now.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You notice how they are all grasping at straws and trying to come up with very weak parallels to other investigations? It's really sad how desperate they are to try to get any ground on this conflict of interest story.

I just want people to think it through.

A literal super majority in Congress has the power to stop any of this hypothetic bs. Including a swift impeachment if he disses enough republicans and makes their constituents mad.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And can you show the report where they found nothing?

That there is a funny statement...

There is a Fallacy called "Shifting the Burden of Proof" as in Aliens walk among us...now prove that isn't correct. There has been nothing reported by a very large number of people from both the left and right who are all part of the deep state that would just love to take Trump down.

Even the media is backing away from all this and changing their narrative away from a Russian/Trump collusion, so how much more time do you need before you believe there just isn't anything there without an official report saying...there isn't anything there...lol

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Your pseudo psychology is as bs as the post.

How do you know the outcome of a counter Intel operation?

What is your clearance satus?

Is it Breitbartdelta1?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What is your clearance status?

Is it Breitbartdelta1?

LMFAO. Worth logging in today just to read that little gem.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Your pseudo psychology is as bs as the post.

How do you know the outcome of a counter Intel operation?

What is your clearance satus?

Is it Breitbartdelta1?

LMAO classic....

Funny is Funny no matter what side you're on. I'm making that my CB handle!! lol

edit on 1-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Bull#. The Republicans bitched and complained but eventually most to all of them voted for Trump in the end. Time to get right with reality. The Republicans have been enabling his behavior for the last 7 months now.

What a bag of lies. Republicans and Dems have been obstructing Trump's agenda since day one.

Here's just one recent example of a Republican senator saying the GOP needs to stop Trump:

The GOP’s ‘tremendous powers of denial’: Breaking down a Republican senator’s case against Trump

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join