It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Proof that they were friends? Seeing as how no one else can produce proof of this claim I'm highly interested to see what you've got. And they were co-workers in the sense that they were both under the umbrella of the DOJ. The same goes for about 120,000 other people.

Like I asked before, is it a conflict of interest for a police department to investigate the local ADA?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Jim Comey isn't under investigation.

There's no conflict of interest.

He is part of the investigation and is an old co worker and friend of the person investigating....There is mucho conflict.

You planning on proving that claim, mr gullible?
edit on 1-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

He is part of the investigation and is an old co worker and friend of the person investigating....There is mucho conflict.

Woa, I had no idea the investigation also included inquiries into Comey's firing! That's huge! Thanks for enlightening use GuidedKill with such a hot bit of info!

Or you mean he WAS part of the investigation, and is no longer. Which means we're back to square one, show me the proof that Mueller and Comey are best friends, bosom buddies, Skull & Bones members, whatever.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This article from the beloved CNN shows many conflicts and their personal relationship and even hospital visits....by their own admission they worked "closely together" but hey these guys barely know each other....

Anyone who knows anything about LE careers and the people who work in them know your coworkers often become you good friends as they are the only people you can talk to and who can relate....To say these two men who said them selves worked closely together are not conflicts...Then I don't know what is.

Give me a break!!

edit on 1-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This article from the beloved CNN shows many conflicts and their personal relationship and even hospital visits....by their own admission they worked "closely together" but hey these guys barely know each other....

Give me a break!!

www.cnn.com... dex.html

Yes. They worked together during a case against the Bush administration. That doesn't mean they are friends and certainly doesn't prove your conflict of interest angle. Though I can see how a gullible person would cherrypick that article to say what you are trying to say.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let Mueller investigate.It's not like the government wouldn't have blown the money on something else.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Exactly. Comey isn't under investigation, he's a witness. He's also the person, as Head of the FBI, who headed up and was privy to any evidence gathered during his investigation into Trump's campaign's possible collusion with Russians during the election. Evidence which is now in Meuller's capable hands.

Conflicts of interest generally concern financial entanglements and familial, not social and/or professional ties. That's not the case here. If it were, police officers would be disqualified from testifying on behalf of or against their fellow officers, and the DA, who works closely with police departments, would also have a conflict of interest interviewing and deposing police officers whose daughter's birthday party they attended.

There is no conflict of interest of Mueller's part.

edit on 1-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

At the very least they could have found someone who didn't have the apparent conflict of interest, but they didn't because the two parties are in collusion with each other.

link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The issue is the conflict of interest,
Not whether Comey and Mueller were BFF's.

The rule of law applies over people's gushy feelings.

link   
It looks less like gullibility and rather reinforcement bias.

GuidedKill, I assume you are a conservative, and likely voted for Trump. If so, it stands to reason whether you realize it or not you have a subconscious bias to 'believe' and 'empower' information that correlates with your worldview and for which serves to further that world view.

You are taking (likely agenda driven) information that mentions Mueller's level of friendship with Comey being a conflict of interest and accepting it at face value. In your mind, at what point/level of knowing someone would you constitute it as friendship, and furthermore, at what point in 'friendship' would you assume someone might be susceptible to unlawful activities for the sake of benefiting that friend?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"Hey, that shady NYC real estate developer with mob ties is clean.."

Said no one ever.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

At the very least they could have found someone who didn't have the apparent conflict of interest, but they didn't because the two parties are in collusion with each other.

It's probably next to impossible to find someone with the correct qualifications that doesn't have some sort of apparent conflict of interest. DC is a small town. Once you get high enough up the ladder you end up meeting and working with everyone else in the city.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Wayfarer

The issue is the conflict of interest,
Not whether Comey and Mueller were BFF's.

The rule of law applies over people's gushy feelings.

I'm having trouble parsing you here.

First, there is no conflict of interest. Second, how could the issue be conflict of interest when there isn't any. Third, if you want to make the case that there is a conflict of interest, the only way you will achieve that is literally proving that Comey and Mueller were BFF's (so close that Comey was/is still actively still working with Mueller to achieve his own agenda). I completely agree that law overrides emotions, but am unsure why you need to remind us of that fact after listing your own feelings (seems a bit disingenuous).

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's probably next to impossible to find someone with the correct qualifications that doesn't have some sort of apparent conflict of interest. DC is a small town. Once you get high enough up the ladder you end up meeting and working with everyone else in the city.

That doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
It looks less like gullibility and rather reinforcement bias.

GuidedKill, I assume you are a conservative, and likely voted for Trump. If so, it stands to reason whether you realize it or not you have a subconscious bias to 'believe' and 'empower' information that correlates with your worldview and for which serves to further that world view.

You are taking (likely agenda driven) information that mentions Mueller's level of friendship with Comey being a conflict of interest and accepting it at face value. In your mind, at what point/level of knowing someone would you constitute it as friendship, and furthermore, at what point in 'friendship' would you assume someone might be susceptible to unlawful activities for the sake of benefiting that friend?

Actually I'm an independent but yes I did vote for Trump...he was the lesser of two evils is the only reason why.

I would say I lean different ways on different things. I voted for Obama first go around and am not as partisan as some my assume from my postings...

However in this particular case I agree with the articles sighted in the OP...Mueller has an obvious conflict of interest being his and Comey's past working relations and dealings. That's my opinion..

Instead of calling names like gullible or moron, I have cited why I believe this and agree with the legal experts in the articles.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

That doesn't matter.

You're right. It doesn't matter. That's why they don't worry about these frivolous "conflicts of interest" like the OP is going on about.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You're right. It doesn't matter. That's why they don't worry about these frivolous "conflicts of interest" like the OP is going on about.

It wasn't frivolous when Sessions recused himself. He did the ethical thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Huh? Sessions admitted to having dealings with Russia flat out, he had to recuse himself. Could you please show me where Mueller said he was best friends with Comey (and furthermore where he insinuated that he was in any way influenced by Comey)?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The legal experts?

Who appointed Mueller?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Huh? Sessions admitted to having dealings with Russia flat out, he had to recuse himself. Could you please show me where Mueller said he was best friends with Comey (and furthermore where he insinuated that he was in any way influenced by Comey)?

Sessions had dealings in the duty's of his job....Don't act like he went out and had malicious meetings....

Not like the star witness Comey who spewed a talking point straight from the Clinton camp and then went on TV to save her ass per Lynch's instructions....A man who crapped all over the FBI by being the Leaker in Charge instead of being a honest person and just doing his job....

What a joke..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join