It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill
I'm not so emotionally invested in Trump. Not the same way leftists are with their leaders.

Unlike so many of the double-standard two-faced leftists, I don't need a political favorite in power in order to be successful and thrive.

But hey, I'm just a simple guy that likes freedom.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

appsforpcdaily.com...

www.google.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

www.politico.com...

If this is what it takes to bring the two idiotic children that calls themselves parties together then my view of trump would change to a necessary evil to expose the fraud. Even if it's because he is also a fraud and how easily he could do a Magick show everyone believed.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yet here you are trying to sideline an investigation because 2 far right House members and Trump supporters came up with an idea that an investigator has a conflict of interest without any real legal reasoning behind it.

And Newt Gingrich. Can't leave him out.

It's funny. Bob Mueller was (is?) widely recognized as one of the most straight and narrow men in DC before he left the FBI. Members from all across the government, both sides of the aisle, from low level to senior level, most of them thought highly of him and that was, in part, due to his apolitical nature. His loyalty was to the law, not a party. (Remember when he was confirmed for his Directorship by a vote of 98-0? Or if not that, remember when he threatened to resign if the White House tried to do an end-around on illegal wiretapping? No? Anybody?)

Yet now the story is spun in to one of him being a partisan hack running a witch hunt.

Curious.

Comey was described as the same way and we all see what happened there....He was as partisan as they come, as dishonest as a used car sales man and as leaky as a water sieve....

How people are perceived can be totally wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

EXACTLY! Mueller was appointed to near unanimous bi-partisan agreement. But suddenly Trump starts opening his stupid mouth and his sycophants pick the rhetoric up so that means he "obviously" has a conflict of interest. *eye roll* What's obvious is that the Trumpkins are blindly listening to Trump again without doing their due diligence. One of the OP's own sources debunks these Congressmen's claim, yet he glossed over that part.

Mueller and Comey, both known for their integrity and self-assuredness, served closely alongside each other in the Bush administration’s Justice Department, and Comey has described Mueller as “one of the finest people I’ve ever met.” But there’s little evidence that they are close friends.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Like this.

Ken Starr was investigating payments made to staffers and the like and noticed that Monica was being paid all out of proportion to the work she was doing which really seemed to be no work at all.

Whenever someone seems to be paid way too much for doing nothing, it sets off red flags because it looks like possible blackmail or someone being paid for doing something illegal. Think Awan Imran and DWS for a more recent example of how the investigation moved in that direction.

Of course, what they found was a president paying his mistress, and then Clinton lied about it under oath which opened him to perjury charges.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Because I disagree with you and believe someone has a conflict I am "gullible" or "buying it". Nice logical argument...The person who doesn't have the same opinion as me is automatically a moron....Typical Left pivot when they disagree with someone.

No. You are gullible because you are eager to believe something that confirms to your biases without much thought or investigation into it.

And seriously just how dense are you?? I have said over and over and over again I do not want the investigation to stop or be sidelined or postponed or any other word that mean stop.....Sheesh man can't you read?? I am only saying Mueller has OBVIOUS conflict and should recuse himself....

You can say these things all you want but actions speak louder than words and your thread here clearly is showing you trying to side line this investigation. Calling this alleged conflict of interest obvious doesn't automatically make it so.

Did you think Sessions was correct in his recusal?? If so why shouldn't Mueller? How bout you try and answer that question....or let me guess I'm just a moron for asking it...

Because Sessions was caught lying about his Russian contacts. Mueller hasn't been caught telling any lies to Congress. You are just alluding to a vague idea that Mueller has a conflict of interest with no real proof of it being true. Apples to oranges comparison here.

I think I am getting it now....Since I disagree with you or agree with an article you don't agree with I am gullible and biased. GOT IT!!

Typing exactly what I mean is not what I mean....You have some ability to read through what I typed and interrupted them as "actions" and my actions say something completely different from what my typed words said....You're magical and psychic....GOT IT!!

Only people that are with or for trump can have conflicts of interest and should recuse them selves.....GOT IT!!!!

edit on 1-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yea it's funny how people changed their opinions on Comey when he said they wouldn't charge Clinton and that Trump tried to influence him, eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

How was James comey partisan? His statement in the 11th hour was devastating to Clinton?

The man literally told congress Lynch had made it clear she was asking Comey to make partisan statements. He then said Jeff sessions wouldn't protect him from the president even when he told him it was innapropriate protocol.

Sounds to me like he was trying to drain the swamp and was told twice by different Doj's to act partisan before the law... he also tried to stop things that lead to spying expansion during the bush admin...

My gosh the media has really divided us up nicely with the scripts huh?
edit on 1-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I will start by saying at this point we have no choice but to hope Mueller is a man of integrity, and leads an honest investigation, no matter what the results.

The truth is whatever side is on the losing end of Muellers findings will personally attack him.

I will chose to wait and see what he finds. Even as a Trump supporter, if he finds evidence of criminality within the Trump admin, and he can prove it by showing the people the evidence, I will support him and feel Trump should be punished.

However, lets be honest. If Comey had intentionally leaked info about meetings with Hillary to the media for the purpose of having a special investigator, and then that investigator was Comeys mentor, and that investigator started appointing lawyers that were republican donors left and right, many of the same people claiming there is no conflict of interests now would be shouting through the roof.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

How was James come partisan? His statement in the 11th hour was devastating to Clinton?

The man literally told congress Lynch had made it clear she was asking Coney to make partisan statements. He then said Jeff sessions wouldn't protect him from the president even when he told him it was innapropriate protocol.

Sounds to me like he was trying to drain the swamp and was told twice by different Doj's to act partisan before the law... he also tried to stop things that lead to spying expansion during the bush admin...

My gosh the media has really divided us up nicely with the scripts huh?

How was he not partisan?? He followed Lynch's talking points to a T in calling it a matter. Calling it a matter was a direct order from the Clinton camp. Then he went out in public like a parrot to squawk and spew the same agenda as Lynch.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think I am getting it now....Since I disagree with you or agree with an article you don't agree with I am gullible and biased. GOT IT!!

No, for the third time now, you are gullible because you are ready to believe something without evidence or investigation and only because two men said it. Never mind that the Senate is about to pass a veto-proof bi-partisan bill prevent Trump from removing Mueller from the investigation. Clearly that's not important to anything. Only these two Congressmen from Arizona's opinion is important to you. That's ALL you need to show that Mueller is on the take. That is gullibility. Plain and simple.

Typing exactly what I mean is not what I mean....You have some ability to read through what I typed and interrupted them as "actions" and my actions say something completely different from what my typed words said....You're magical and psychic....GOT IT!!

Only people that are with or for trump can have conflicts of interest and should recuse them selves.....GOT IT!!!!

Feel free to prove this conflict of interest.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
However, lets be honest. If Comey had intentionally leaked info about meetings with Hillary to the media for the purpose of having a special investigator, and then that investigator was Comeys mentor, and that investigator started appointing lawyers that were republican donors left and right, many of the same people claiming there is no conflict of interests now would be shouting through the roof.

How dare you try and inject logic in the Trump hunt.....

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Um... No... Liberals sat and waited through 8 #ing investigations into Benghazi. At no point did I hear people trying to sideline them with frivolous claims about conflicts of interest. Yet again you project conservative tactics onto liberals.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Listen to what he said. Read between the lines.

No PROSECUTOR will convict her.

He literally told congress Lynch had told him to say this.

The guy isn't a politician,...yet,..he is a former prosecutor and also fbi head. His evidence was being tampered with by the doj, which if they are doing means his only option is full nuke with little planning or try and gather evidence for an impossible to cover up situation.

Let's wait and see. Hopefully Mueller exposes the swamp.

The swamp draining will come from law enforcement either as a whistle-blower or very well guarded investigation.

Those of you who think any politician outsider or not will do it, well bless your heart.

PS you think he saying the case was being released opened with days to go before the election was a partisan move?

My gosh folks. Justice isn't getting the guy your team hates and ignoring your own crimes.
edit on 1-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Jim Comey isn't under investigation.

There's no conflict of interest.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your one of the sharper political minds here am I missing how James was partisan? To me he sounds like a guy pissed his hands were tied by three administration's.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Jim Comey isn't under investigation.

There's no conflict of interest.

He is part of the investigation and is an old co worker and friend of the person investigating....There is mucho conflict.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

you are gullible because you are ready to believe something without evidence or investigation and only because two men said it.

Oh the irony in this statement.... god I hope that was sarcasm.

On topic, pretty much anybody that has spent a career in DC will have a legitimate conflict on interest as a special counsel.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

As much as I rarely agree with DB- See his post. If you guys arent scared about heir trump, then let whoever is investigating, investigate. when Mueller was tapped for the role, every republican on fox was saying how this is THE guy if you want an honest investigation. Then once Trump et al get word that the investigation has inched its way towards ' the Money' , thats when all this backlash started.

What I dont get is this- Youre so worried about someone having a conflict of interest, yet the president of the united states is mr conflict of interest.

This what is so ironic about all these capers, all these people, posters here crying out for the swamp to be drained, honest politics etc,
Yet when it comes to posting, some...an awful lot of the postings, are full of deception, and cant...disparagement in advance of just about anybody who might just have to bring something to the table that just might not suit what all these people want to hear. So where's the honesty and truth then?
They sound like bigger chancers than Trump is, and he is a chancer, he isn't going to drain any 'swamp' he's always been in his own.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Lol, that isn't how it works. But I am sure the partisan rag you read tried to lay that out.

Remember when everyone including newt loved it was mueller?

And just so you don't get ahead of yourself...lots of Republicans would vote with the Democrats. More than the dozen or so they need to stop that behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join