It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Haha, nice. If you want to argue how a small minority is a significant number, then go ahead, but I don't think you're fooling anyone. The Republicans could remove Trump right now. Making arguments about how they are so against him, thwarting him, inhibiting him all ring hollow when the people you say are agents acting against Trump have the power to remove him.

The main benefactors of the ACA are poor/sick people who otherwise would not be able to afford medical care. We are aware that there are those out there with plenty of money/health that don't like being forced to pay for poor and sick peoples medical care. I tend to think that anyone who's actively not taking it upon themselves (or actively campaigning against it) to care for the poor/sick/in-need aren't terribly high on the morality scale (perhaps Jesus/Mother Teresa and those ilk would agree with me), so in that sense I'd consider those that want to do the opposite (but are good at couching it behind 'personal freedoms and autonomy') are F&%king over of those folks. Just because they don't see it as screwing the poor/sick doesn't mean its not happening. How have I misconstrued or used mental gymnastics to arrive at this conclusion?

I assume (as I believe we all should for people we are not familiar with) that you are generally a moral/good person and give to charity/donate your time or belongings, etc (correct me if I'm wrong). How is my previous statement calling you out (as opposed to the lawmakers I've called out)?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I never said all repubs or the majority are against Trump.

I was just pointing out certainly more are against him than usual (ie how many were against Bush or dems against Obama, etc.)

As far as my morality, moot point.

You claimed all republican factions were attempting to try to agree how to hurt minorities.

If this is your belief, you are not worth talking to as you are so far gone there is no reasonable ground to have a conversation.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I remember that day!Good thing Alberto Gonzales was there to save the day.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Didn't deputy rosenstein(sp) recuse himself from overseeing meuller? So who is watching Mueller?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

He is more a subcontractor.

He is overseen by the doj and the Senate judiciary and sub as well as the house judiciary.

Also Intel committees.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Good question. I don't think I've seen that Rosenstein has recused himself from anything, though.

As to your second question:

Whom does the special counsel report to?

Mueller will report to Rosenstein. But the special counsel is supposed to act independently, with some limits. As the federal code explains, a special counsel must consult the acting attorney general (Rosenstein) if he wishes to expand the inquiry beyond what was spelled out in Rosenstein’s order “or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation.” In addition, Rosenstein can ask the special counsel to “provide an explanation for any investigative or prosecutorial step,” and if such step is deemed “inappropriate or unwarranted under established Departmental practices” the acting attorney general reserves the right to intervene, provided Congress is notified.

Special Counsel fact sheet

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
You guys are scared....

Hasn't this thing with being "SCARED" gone on long enough?

How in the hell is anyone here on ATS going to be scared?

What a joke!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join