It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Rep. Trent Franks, a Republican who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, said in a statement Tuesday that Mueller is in violation of the law that prohibits Mueller from serving as a special counsel if he has a conflict of interest.

Mueller and former FBI Director James Comey have been longtime allies dating back to 2003 when the men both worked in Washington, Mueller as the FBI Director and Comey as Deputy Attorney General. Franks cited the pair’s relationship as a reason for Mueller to be disqualified from the probe.

LINK

LINK

LINK

This makes sense. I don't care how just or right a person is, they cannot be involved in an investigation that involves their friends or someone they have direct involvement with in the past. He knows better and IMO that fact that Muller hasn't recused himself or even took the job in the first place leads me to believe he is doing everything he can to bring embellished or plain false charges against the president.

Granted on the other hand the Muller stays on the easier he is making it for Trump to escape ANY charges. IF there are any charges to begin with, and that's a big if. It would be obvious this was a witch hunt and any half ass lawyer would be able to argue and destroy Muller...

Thoughts??

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
""Franks is not the first member of Congress to call on Mueller to remove himself from the Russia probe — his fellow Arizona delegation member, freshman Republican Andy Biggs, called on Mueller to recuse himself in June.

Biggs cited similar arguments, though many — such as the assertion that Mueller and Comey, who served as FBI director and deputy attorney general during George W. Bush’s administration, were especially “close” — have been discredited.""

Discredited? Are Mueller and Comey close amigos or not?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My thoughts? I think what you've posited is wishful thinking (not to mention you straight up stated you don't care if a person is right- so you've already outed your agenda with this post). You can choose to remain confident that anything Mueller brings to light won''t 'stick' but there are much smarter and higher paid legal experts than you who say otherwise.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You guys are scared....

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Putting Mueller in charge of the special counsel is like putting the inquisition in charge of a witch hunt.

Then again... at this rate it's only a matter of time until they start citing spirits and apparitions as sources.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

""Franks is not the first member of Congress to call on Mueller to remove himself from the Russia probe — his fellow Arizona delegation member, freshman Republican Andy Biggs, called on Mueller to recuse himself in June.

Biggs cited similar arguments, though many — such as the assertion that Mueller and Comey, who served as FBI director and deputy attorney general during George W. Bush’s administration, were especially “close” — have been discredited.""

Discredited? Are Mueller and Comey close amigos or not?

I would have to say they are too close for comfort....Comfort of the courts and conflict of interest that is. Mueller should know this and if he didn't is well aware of it now...If he isn't on the witch hunt why not follow the directives, code of ethics or even the law in this case? All seem to say he should recuse....If he is so honest and full of integrity why not recuse??

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
You guys are scared....

Why would I be scared?? I could care less who goes to prison or not. I know I'm not going so I can assure you I'm not scared.

Now am I scared for the integrity of the investigation and Mueller's obvious conflicts of interest?? YES!!

I don't want to see anyone railroaded, from the poorest man to the richest. They are entitled to a fair and unbiased investigation EVERYONE IS!! I would think an investigation of this magnitude would require even more scrutiny....Don't you?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You make it seem like Mueller is being caught unawares by this little charade. He isn't. There is no impropriety, and Mueller knows this; in fact anyone with any legal acumen understands this. The fact that he hasn't recused himself (or been removed yet) speaks to this fact.

You are positing all these assertions and you don't even really know if they are friends (or to what degree). Mueller didn't earn the respect he has by being stupid, and bumbling into a situation as obvious as what you've described is plain stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Let him investigate.

Let anyone and everyone investigate.

We should not be like some 3rd world nation where we are afraid of investigation by opposing political parties.

Everything is so partisan anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: bknapple32
You guys are scared....

Why would I be scared?? I could care less who goes to prison or not. I know I'm not going so I can assure you I'm not scared.

Now am I scared for the integrity of the investigation and Mueller's obvious conflicts of interest?? YES!!

I don't want to see anyone railroaded, from the poorest man to the richest. They are entitled to a fair and unbiased investigation EVERYONE IS!! I would think an investigation of this magnitude would require even more scrutiny....Don't you?

As much as I rarely agree with DB- See his post. If you guys arent scared about heir trump, then let whoever is investigating, investigate. when Mueller was tapped for the role, every republican on fox was saying how this is THE guy if you want an honest investigation. Then once Trump et al get word that the investigation has inched its way towards ' the Money' , thats when all this backlash started.

What I dont get is this- Youre so worried about someone having a conflict of interest, yet the president of the united states is mr conflict of interest.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So employing "seven degrees of separation" would make everybody subject to resignation?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If Trump has nothing to hide he should welcome any investigation by anybody and everybody. Didn't he just claim to be the "transparent" president? Prove it Mr. Trump and release your IRS files.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
You make it seem like Mueller is being caught unawares by this little charade. He isn't. There is no impropriety, and Mueller knows this; in fact anyone with any legal acumen understands this. The fact that he hasn't recused himself (or been removed yet) speaks to this fact.

You are positing all these assertions and you don't even really know if they are friends (or to what degree). Mueller didn't earn the respect he has by being stupid, and bumbling into a situation as obvious as what you've described is plain stupid.

I posted an article from law makers and legal experts saying he should recuse. I only say I agree with them and why. I never claimed to be a legal expert or anything like that. However you sure are making it sound like you're some expert so do you care to share your qualifications? What makes you so much more of an expert than anyone else her? Or even me for that matter??

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Let him investigate.

Let anyone and everyone investigate.

We should not be like some 3rd world nation where we are afraid of investigation by opposing political parties.

Everything is so partisan anymore.

the drips are slowly turning into a puddle...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

so one of the people who will decide the high crimes and misdomeaner portion of impeachment is calling for mueller to step aside?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree there should be an investigation. I have never said there shouldn't be.

However that investigation should not be done by someone with direct connections and working relationships in the past with someone who is part of the investigation.

This is not done anywhere from state all the way down to local gov. Case is point when I was a LE officer and working investigations I would not/ could not investigate or work cases involving my family or anyone I knew personally. And trust me I have some crappy family members. I had and conflict and was advised I should never work cases involving them....

Conflicts of interest and language dealing with that are there for a reason is all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
So employing "seven degrees of separation" would make everybody subject to resignation?

lol don't be silly....

But not even having ONE degree of separation is a issue...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The funny thing is, I think that an investigation into an honest person by a corrupt individual will say more about the investigator than the investigated.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Sounds like you are worried about the investigation. Why else do you support ending it early?

PS: Only a partisan looking for confirmation bias would see that these two Arizona Senators are doing anything but political posturing. Anyone with any actual intellectual integrity knows not to take them seriously here.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He was the Deputy Attorney General, pretty much any law enforcement officer or law maker at that level had contact with him. Let's look at this in a different way. If a local ADA breaks the law would you argue that the local police should not be able to investigate the crime because they have day to day interactions with him?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join