It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolly creator gets cloning license

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Professor Ian Wilmut the creator of Dolly the cloned sheep has been granted a cloning liscence to study human embryos.

LONDON, England (CNN) -- The creator of Dolly the sheep has been granted a license to clone human embryos for medical research, authorities in London have announced.

www.cnn.com...

Here we go again, how can it be that no one thinks that the temptation to clone a human baby is not going to happen? How closely will they monitor this guys actvities?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Bravo. A civilized country has seen the light. May Lord Mountbatten ride again

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A few months ago i reporteed that they were going to try to get a license, its cool to see thay actualy did, what great advament will come of this, i am so happy this if finnaly happening.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Are these clones being allowed to come to term as babies and "live" or are they being allowed to develop to the embryonic stage only?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
From what i heard it was 14 days of embryonic stage they could keep them for,

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They are only allowed to clone human embreos for research into treating parkinsons, diabetes etc. As yet nobody can clone a full human.

And just for the record, i live in Newcastle in England, and Newcastle University is the only one in all the land with the license to do so....

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
whoopi-dee-do!

until they let someone bring a cloned human to term, nothing has really changed... except for the medical field... but as a society, still the same 'ol thing. There won't be any clones walking around anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

join