It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sit around meditating, drinking water eating rice, when you can kill rape and be rich.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnotherTarget
a reply to: TruthJava

Why can't I pick up wisdom from all books

Have you read them? You can.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JustAnotherTarget

I too used to think people just love the drama and conflicts, they are used to it and that's what they see on TV ever since they're kids.

But actually as I get older and I realize how tough this life can be, and how events can change your whole life perspective... Diseases, failures, divorces, homelessness, bankrupts, deaths of loved ones, this could all spiral good people into bad actions, and vice-versa good acts could bring bad people back into morality.

As I practiced Buddhism for a few months in a monastery, I got a tremendous feeling of peace, insight, love for life. A few years after I left, I feel like I'm wishing for a SHTF scenario to take over, and I generally feel resentment to life.

I don't believe religion is what causes people to feel good or bad, it's about the environment and what it brings out of you. If you can be aware and in control of yourself, you might always do what's right. If you allow what's around you to take over, then you might do some crazy #.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

It all depends on what makes you feel good.

It makes me feel good to sometimes allow
homeless people to stay in my spare room
for free for an amount of time that I choose.
Yes i really do that or at least I did when I owned
a home , it was ruined by flood. Now I live in a 2
bedroom with my mother.

It makes me feel good to do nice things for people
that I love.
It makes me feel good to think about hurting people
I am angry with.

It has felt good to hurt people that have hurt me.
It does NOT feel good to hurt people I love even
when I am angry with them. It does NOT feel good
to hurt strangers or those that are weaker than me.

Some people but not the majority enjoy hurting
strangers.
Some people not the majority enjoy hurting those
that they love.

Good , evil, these are just ideas invented by humans.
What really happens on this plant is everyone does
the things they like to do. The things that feel good.
Some people fight against what it is they really want to do
some people accept what they are.

I am of the belief that most of us are being what is referred to
as good people, most of the time.

Religion
Politics
Belief systems of any kind.

These things only give humans a reason to do the
the things they would have been doing anyway.
That is there true purpose.
edit on 1-8-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I see both beauty and horror in this world.
And I love them both.

This is a non religious person who was beating as
a child and homeless from when I was 15 till I was 24
talking here.

Life is amazing and full of beauty.
Life is terrible and full of monsters.

I would never give any of it up.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Whoa dude calm down for a sec and take a few breaths. Grab a glass of wine unless you have already. If you have a pool nearby go to it. Play some sleep music found very easily on you tube and relax. There is more than meets the eye here and I don't want you to make tinfoil hat a tinfoil mask. Life is good you just have to find it. Don't look for the bad cause it is easy to find. It is the good that takes some searching. And truste it is worth it. Good luck my friend and if you need/want someone to talk to I am herea reply to: JustAnotherTarget

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
To be honest you sound like a person who opened a book just looked at pictures,going through life hanging on people sympathy is a sad way of life,if you put your mind to good use,work hard overcome the need to carry a 1000 dollar phone,or 12,000 worth of tats and piercings,I see many young whining they have no money,as they drive away in a 40k car,when I was a kid my parents taught me what whining would get me,I think kids now are so spoiled and us parents are partially to blame,we also grew up with media,in old days parents raved of kids academic and sports endeavors,now they go to school dressed like pimps,it is feminizing to tame public in general,unfortunately I think pandoras box has opened this is how the future will be,because old people die sooner then young,when the odds get stacked,you win

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I weep for the future tbh I thought my generation (X) were bad enough but wow I m constantly amazed by the attitude some young folk have. Not all mind you but even I was not as thick as some today.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Um... well in answer to the question posed by the title of the OP:

Because you could be sitting around meditating, smoking weed, eating beef, drinking ale and rum, and hunting down rapists, megalomaniacs and all who seek dominance, and eliminating them, editing them out of the species entirely. These things would both be much better alternatives.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Jesus sweat blood over his fate. He did not want to die. He wanted to fight evil.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Rape and murder just aren't my idea of a good time.
And I'm not religious in any way.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I realized a long time ago that religions are all full of #. If you want to understand yourself you have to put down the idea that people thousands of years ago had any idea how to get along in today society, or how the world worked in general. I realized I was an atheist as a very small child. If you let go of all the things you were taught about religion when you were a kid, all you are left with is the logic in the world. At that point you're free to enjoy life and you are free to except people how they are, and you are free from the shackles of guilt that are placed upon you by institutionalized worldviews. All you are left with is your own personality and your own decisions on how to treat people . You realize that everything is up to you, and you should not wait for the big fairey in the sky to make everything better for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnotherTarget

All major religions say the following:

(I am paraphrasing here)

Blessed is the one who doesn't need excitement of raping killing stealing and generally being an a**hole.

This right here is my new favourite interpretation of every religion. I'd like to publish a tiny one page bible with nothing but this paragraph on it. Then start a new religion and go on a holy crusade raping and pillaging until this is the only religion left....wait...oh....#

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

All of them are saying that this physical existence is crappy and bad.

I interpret a connecting message that points to this physical existence being a test of sorts, a game we play, a story we live.

That there is something wrong with the world.

I get the opposite that the world is perfect, its perfectly suited to test us, to give us a field to play our game and to let us have the experiences that write the story of our lives.

You know why people are bad ?

because of the acts they do.

Because being the good guy is boring to most people.

Is it?

How can you speak most people?

How can you speak for anyone else other than yourself?

People want excitement and they are willing to pay for it to get that excitement.

Yes, these days many forms of entertainment costs money.

Why sit around meditating, drinking water eating rice, when you can kill rape and be rich.

this makes no sense what so ever.

I thought about suicide many times because I feel ready to pass on, I am 34 Jesus didn't live in the physical past 33 so why should I put up with misery

Because you don't know if leaving on your own terms will fail you in your exam of life.

Because you don't know whether your purpose has been fulfilled yet.

Hang in there.

If the test is hard, it means you are being challenged.

Step up to the challenges life brings and learn form all the experiences you face in your challenges.

You cant fail if keep playing.

You are the the author.

Don't end your book before you get a chance to share it with another and maybe create a sequel to your story.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I laugh every time I see your picture. Your comments are beyond hilarious. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

one of them will offer hope and peace and the others will not. Have you tried to find out for yourself which one that is?

all religions and philosophies that guide people to live better lives offer hope, peace and unity.

If you think only one does, you are either deceived or a deceiver, one who divides instead of unites.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If you don't see the misery and death then you are probably a substance user

If that is all you see then you need to change your perspective.

If you think people that see happiness and joy in life are substance abusers then you have gone so far off your path in life that you every step you take just darkens your destination even more.

A member of ATS should know better

Why?

Do you know any better or do really think people who strive to find the good in this world are substance abusers?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I see both beauty and horror in this world.
And I love them both.

This is a non religious person who was beating as
a child and homeless from when I was 15 till I was 24
talking here.

Life is amazing and full of beauty.
Life is terrible and full of monsters.

I would never give any of it up.

Heck yes brother. I can feel the joy and happiness along with the pain and sorrow in your words. I also try to love it all and grab life with both hands and %&##$# it.

Man, I need a smoke after that. Good stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I found the OP's theme tune.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Do you even realize what true Buddhism is? There is no actual creator. And there are many Christians and Jews that actually practice some parts of Buddhism. Because true Buddhism is more of a philosophy that doesn't require belief, only realization that there is suffering, and that there is a way to end that suffering.

The west has started to embrace many of the tenets of Buddhism, like mindfulness which is actually kind of cool. Buddhism is one of the only philosophies that is inclusive (it doesn't care which god you worship.) And that inclusiveness is one of the reasons why I like it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnotherTarget All major religions are talking about the same thing.

and they're ALL full of it. religions are a primitive, backward control system that dangle carrots of an afterlife to the masses, on condition they do right by their chosen brand of god. may god strike me dead if i'm lying (crickets from heaven).
edit on 1 8 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join