It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US detects North Korea committing 'highly unusual' submarine activity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the isis "threat" is fading, this administration is gearing up for the new enemy and of course WMDs....

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So, I guess some here are comfortable with Kim Jong Un having nuclear missile submarines?

Because thats what hes aiming for, and with such he could turn half our country to ashes in minutes. Dont let your blind hatred for Trump overwhelm good sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Some say that the recent 'failed' NK missile launches are not actually failures. They are drills to send a missile just high enough and just to the right distance to set off an EMP disabling neighbouring countries.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Some say that the recent 'failed' NK missile launches are not actually failures. They are drills to send a missile just high enough and just to the right distance to set off an EMP disabling neighbouring countries.

Confucius say, when man want to fail, he will see failure in every gesture.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yup just one exploded high enough could knock out all the power in the states.
This is why I keep my batteries in an old microwave.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I preferred it when the Russians were the scary warmonger evil ones, at least they have enough weaponry to kill us all.

I guess that was the problem, far too many people throwing their hands up in the air and saying #it, there was a need to modify the threat so that instead of taking out everyone, the only people hurt would be our loved ones.

The script is so good, nobody would be believe it be any other way.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
'and14263' say(s) "Get your ass to Mars."

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
'and14263' say(s) "Get your ass to Mars."

Not that much hope getting to Mars is there, too many people want to have wars and hate and kill, pretty #ing hard to get to Mars when we are killing each other .
edit on 1-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: day 3 no smoking ...its fine really

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
We could colonise Mars and start killing each other up there. As a species I'm really proud of us. I get the feeling you are too. /End sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

A good EMP might be what we need.

My old man used to say he wanted a neutron bomb attack (or something) - kill the people and leave the world intact. Maybe the EMP would reset us back to caveman days. We'd have to revert to fending for ourselves. I'd kind of like it.

Drawbacks would of course be horrendous for anybody who relies on medical technology to live. Medicine prescriptions and production would cease. Communication with relatives would be almost impossible. Flood control mechanisms would give up, power stations would die.

Maybe not such a good idea. I wouldn't have to go to work though, which would be a bonus. First thing I'd do is raid the farmer's fields and go hunting.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Yes indeed, we're awesome.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

so they have one or 2 nukes its not like they can hold us all to ransom so let them have the nukes like all the other places and if they let one go just blow it up then blow them up ie the chickens head and then all be ok and then north and south can be as one and we all can sleep better happy days for all

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

All his current subs are crappy diesel subs. At least from what I've read.

When he gets his hands on a nuclear powered sub I'll start to worry.

For now, I'm more worried about our allies getting nuked than us.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So, if the headline is true, it's kind of good news.
First, it means we have no problems detecting their submarines.

Carried out on land at Sinpo Naval Shipyard, Sunday's ejection test is the third time this month -- and fourth this year -- that North Korea has conducted a trial of the missile component that is critical to developing submarine launch capabilities, according to the US defense official.

Given it was on land, not that difficult to detect, I would think.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Diesel subs are far more dangerous than nuclear subs. Especially in the waters around Korea, where it's fairly shallow.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NK has approx. 70+ submarines, at least that's what we think. And as noted in the article below,

nationalinterest.org...

Although old and obsolete, North Korea’s submarines have the advantage of numbers and, in peacetime, surprise. Pyongyang’s history of armed provocations means the world hasn’t seen the last of her submarine force.

It's not like NK hasn't attacked unprovoked before. They just operate on a much smaller scale. But even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. All they need is one lucky/unlucky (depending on your position) hit in a strategic location and we could be tits up for quite some time. To consider NK basically harmless is to underestimate them as a valid threat. For some reason, they want to play conqueror of the evil US and we need to take them seriously.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
More unusual activity has been detected:

North Korea have apparently been arming their military with weapons. This is a recent report.

NK seem to be conducting military exercises, with actual military equipement

edit on 1-8-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about in open waters?

Think they'd make it across the pacific?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
More unusual activity has been detected:

North Korea have apparently been arming their military with weapons. This is a recent report.

NK seem to be conducting military exercises, with actual military equipement

There's a YouTube video showing Soldiers after North Korea's last military exercise with THOUSANDS of live shells. They were wandering and stumbling around like they were shocked, and deaf. Anything for dear leader..right?
edit on 8/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not without support ships. But i dont Nk have support ships that would make it their and back.

The Subs NK have now would probably only be used for forcing the US fleet to keep a distance to NK.

WHat they are working on With this ejection tests are to get the capability to strike US bases that would be in a short striking distance of NK. NK would not need to do to many changes, all they need is a missile that will be small enough to fit inside the sub.

There is no way Nk will fitt a missile that can Reach the US in their current subs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join