It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elixir of the Gods!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I used to say Nyquil was the "elixir of the Gods", but then they neutered it. It was great stuff, but no more, never again.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always LOVED grilled cheese sammiches, but it's hard to claim a grilled cheese sammich (alone) is "the elixir of the God's". You see, a grilled cheese sammich needs to go with some soup!!

But when you get sick, the fabled 'grilled cheese sammich & soup" is legend. Some choose the traditional tomato soup, and others the legendary chicken noodle, but in any case...you need something to dunk your grilled cheese sammich into!! It just wouldn't be the same without it!!

The wife wasn't feeling good today so I decided to make some grilled cheese and soup. She's actually really sick, a 'barf-bot', and I feel bad (for her). So...what better than some grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup, right???

Well, she's feeling pretty crummy, and didn't really want anything...so I ate all the grilled cheese's...and the soup. (note: I made another 4 gallons of chicken noodle soup and fed it to her via enema...she's much better now!! (just kidding)).

Anyway, I believe grilled cheese sammiches and chicken noodle soup are the Elixir of the Gods!!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That reminds me ... it's Hornitos Black night and my glass shouldn't run dry. Nectar of the Meshkins.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Jesus!
A chicken soup enema?
That's a true butt bouillon....chicken flavoured.

What was the hold time on the 4 gallons?
My personal best is 1 minute 27 seconds. ...wait...what am I saying.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

that's good too!!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hydration, man...hydration!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Water.

H2O.

Made up of 2 of the most common elements in the universe, and much of the water you're drinking is most likely made up of water that is older than the Earth or the sun.

But interestingly enough, much of what you consume is made up of water.

That soda. That beer. Whiskey, rum or vodka.

That chicken soup.

There is water in that grilled cheese too.

There is water in just about everything we eat and drink, and it's what our bodies are mostly made of.

So the answer is: Water.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Umm, isn't a Elixir a beverage? And not a "sammich"? I like a fine 3 layer grill cheese myself off some giant round Italian loaf breads, but a Elixir? Nope!

edit on 31-7-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Heh, yeah...we're all made of water in the end, right?

Of course it's water, of course...it's so easy. Though the little bit (perhaps a lot) of salt helps too.

The grilled cheese takes as much water as it gives, but it's 'comfort food' and....attitude is everything, right. "Positive Mental Attitude" (PMA). Yes, I know it well.

Sometimes it's not about the "thing", but rather the "method"....It's all in our minds, my friend!

So chicken soup for the soul, with a little grilled cheese sammich thrown in.

It's all water.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: eriktheawful

Heh, yeah...we're all made of water in the end, right?

Of course it's water, of course...it's so easy. Though the little bit (perhaps a lot) of salt helps too.

The grilled cheese takes as much water as it gives, but it's 'comfort food' and....attitude is everything, right. "Positive Mental Attitude" (PMA). Yes, I know it well.

Sometimes it's not about the "thing", but rather the "method"....It's all in our minds, my friend!

So chicken soup for the soul, with a little grilled cheese sammich thrown in.

It's all water.

This answers my reply as well.
But the whole Nyquil abuse is just what it is. is that not against ATS TOS? ya know glorifying and using drugs? Or Is over the counter medical abuse ok here?
I'd post a snarky meme to keep up to ATS standards, but for some reason ATS says I have a adblocker and cannot post picks.
Hey lucky for you.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Absolutely hilarious dude!!a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Never feed someone in the midst of a throw-up "barf-bot" illness really tasty food--there's a chance they'll develop an aversion to it and not want to eat it for some time afterwards. Give them lima beans instead.

I once had some sort of stomach virus after eating strawberry ice cream when I was a little kid, and it took me years before I liked strawberry ice cream again.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Monsieur Neary because: additional word

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I have to disagree on part of your remedy brother.

Tomato soup is the optimal soup to go with grilled cheese.

Also some ham on that grilled cheese will do just fine

edit on 31-7-2017 by Zerodoublehero because: Add ham

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
Umm, isn't a Elixir a beverage? And not a "sammich"? I like a fine 3 layer grill cheese myself off some giant round Italian loaf breads, but a Elixir? Nope!

Haven't you seen American cheese?

It comes in aerosol cans and I'm sure it's a liquid.

I'd guess that now the AMA has taken the taboo off fats, it will soon be a carbonated energy drink (now with Big Mac special sauce flavour).

edit on 31/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Black coffee. Wakes you up, tastes great, goes with anything and cleans out the pipes when they're clogged up.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I'm with you on the Nyquil. It was best part of getting sick.

I also used to think Dristan was great. I was really bummed when I found out why they had to stop selling it. It did wonders for a cold or flu.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'd guess that now the AMA has taken the taboo off fats, it will soon be a carbonated energy drink (now with Big Mac special sauce flavour).

Shut up and take my money!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

All this time, I thought it was chocolate!!

The kids agree on the soup, though - have one teen that always dips her sandwiches!! Great for a cold, too. Tomato, far better choice when not sick, I think!

Grilled cheese was one of the few things I could keep down when preggers and sick.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyFisherman

Ummmm...put a sock in it!!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Allergic to caffeine. Can't drink it.

Gives me an irregular heart beat (and I already have A-fib).

Thanks though.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Totally agree tomato soup is better. I actually bought (3) cans of tomato, and only (2) cans of chicken noodle.

Wife, sadly, didn't eat any of it...not even the grilled cheeses.

I'd have gladly made the tomato.

Oh well.

I just hope she feels better tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join