It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for the anti-christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: dontneedaname

I think you need to be careful with your assertions. When you're stood at judgement, MAN you're going to wish you didn't write that.

Bull.....God had left us in this screwed up world...and judges us for struggling just to endure it.

Left us?

He's been here all along, trying to get us to stop screwing it up.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I think you need to be careful with your assertions. When you're stood at judgement, MAN you're going to wish you didn't write that.

Bull.....God had left us in this screwed up world...and judges us for struggling just to endure it.

Left us?

Seriously?
I see "believers" in him... loyal to the utmost, suffer so much it's insane.
Yeah...
So what is your explanation for that?
Oh wait....Jesus said you will suffer, but take heart, cause He overcame it all. YET, we STILL suffer, do the 9-5 hamster wheel, and live for the end. Right?
In the meantime, Christians can't WAIT for all those who don't follow Jesus to get judged and thrown in the lake of fire...as long as they get to be rewarded and be in Heaven.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
Most people think the anti-christ is something bad. I have a different view....a large % of the world is Christian or live in a system that has a CHRISTian foundation as the base for their economic system (Atheists included) or Christian connection. Look at the state of our world....to me, it's a mess.

That means something is wrong with the message of Jesus....not only was he not perfect (Which is a relative term, so means nothing in an absolute sense)...but a serious flaw at the core. What is it..just look at my profile photo.

So...therefore..the anti-christ will be positive...because the AC will show definitively the flaw of Jesus and how it has limited us from growing / being better.

Therefore, AC in my view is positive...

There's tens of millions of people who were killed horribly in Adolf Hitler's little grab for political power. Many would agree that he (and the movement he spawned) was an antichrist of sorts.

Of course the final antichrist, as revealed in the bible, is demonic and will cause the deaths of more than 2/3rds of the population of the Earth (hanging and decapitation are mentioned) before he is stopped.

You pick your side.

Really? How many millions has "god" killed? (According to the Bible).
Oh wait....the motto must be "do as I say, not as I do".

According to the Bible. it's a difficult question because there are no deaths directly attributed to God Himself (it is always angels or nature or something).

Yet God did create nature where survival of the fittest allows for growth, maturity and evolutionary change. So it is obvious that God allows death to occur, as part of His plan.

And to God, death would have a different meaning, because He has revealed that it is not permanent but merely a change of state from a physical based being to a spiritual being, that spiritual being potentially having an infinite future.

Near death experiences would tend to support this, as consciousness seems to extend beyond brain electrical activity and resuscitated people describe feelings of physical well-being and contact with deceased loved ones after electrical activity cessation.

edit on 31/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Left us?

Seriously?
Yeah...
Oh wait....Jesus said you will suffer, but take heart, cause He overcame it all. YET, we STILL suffer, do the 9-5 hamster wheel, and live for the end. Right?
In the meantime, Christians can't WAIT for all those who don't follow Jesus to get judged and thrown in the lake of fire...as long as they get to be rewarded and be in Heaven.

No way, that's horrible.

Why do you think Christians call making a decision to follow Christ as being 'saved'?

It's because they have been made aware that God has thrown us out a lifeline. All you gotta do is take hold.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I really hope and pray that you come to your senses before it's too late. No, the Antichrist is NOT good, and NOT positive. he will pretend to be, and many will be fooled (already some of that, IMO), but he's a liar, evil, and wants to help no one.

You want to blame God got the sins of people. Doesn't work that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Most people think the anti-christ is something bad. I have a different view....a large % of the world is Christian or live in a system that has a CHRISTian foundation as the base for their economic system (Atheists included) or Christian connection. Look at the state of our world....to me, it's a mess.

That means something is wrong with the message of Jesus....not only was he not perfect (Which is a relative term, so means nothing in an absolute sense)...but a serious flaw at the core. What is it..just look at my profile photo.

So...therefore..the anti-christ will be positive...because the AC will show definitively the flaw of Jesus and how it has limited us from growing / being better.

The message of Christ was "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me". So, how is this flawed? and how does this statement alone make our world a mess? It doesn't! The people who have professed to be religious throughout the ages but have NOT lived by this message are the ones who have messed up the world. And to quote the bible, Christ stated that "If you are not for me, then you are against me". (There is no middle ground.)

So yes, the state of the world IS a mess. But that is not because of Christ. It is because people have chosen to follow their own desires and way of living instead of Christ. If everyone would choose Christ, the world would not be in a mess. And notice I didn't say Christianity...because "Christianity" is a broad term for a belief system that many have used for their own power and gain, and CHRIST is a person who lived and died so that we would know how to have a non-mixed up world and spend eternity with love instead of evil. Christ's message was simple - believe in me and accept me into your heart and you will have eternal life in heaven. Just because the term "Christianity" is used does not make something truly Christian.

I agree with you on one thing...the AC WILL seem to be a good thing whenever he/she/it comes to power. The whole world will follow after them in wonder! But there will come a point when the AC shows their true nature - which will be pure evil. But then it will be too late to do anything about it.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying the Christ is the base of our economic system?

edit: oh, and if I may add one more thing...I totally respect your feelings and thoughts about the AC! I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinions and theories! Lord knows some of my theories may seem pretty out there, lol. But please, if I could just ask you just one thing. Whenever someone like this DOES come to power if it is in our lifetime at all...please try and remember what was said here!

edit on 1-8-2017 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LooksLocked
I found this Googling it:

Time will tell! However, the Bible states that the Anti-Christ will be someone who performs signs and miracles and the whole world will follow after them in wonder. I think so many people dislike Trump at this stage that I find it hard to see him being that Anti-Christ person predicted to come, but you never know. Things could change.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Hmm...

What message of Jesus is so bad that warrants an "anti"?

Can't think of one myself...🤔

LOVE.

Love is blind....

example...generally speaking...human race loves themselves to death (This happens on an individual level too). To the exclusion and suffering of the rest of the planet's inhabitants...and ultimately ourselves because we are dependent on them.

Loving our culture...which blinds us to different ways of doing things that others have learned.

Loving ourselves is aka - having an inflated ego. Look at foreheads of many adults and compare to baby foreheads. Some might say...having an ego -- period.

If we don't love ourselves, we may obsess over someone else or something else. Again, blinding us to other things in life and blinding us to the bigger picture.

Maybe hard to fully grasp in 1 short ATS post...I could go on...but that's all I really want to say. Events will speak for themself.

I like your post here! Yes, mankind loves themselves to death (vanity, pride, selfishness,etc.) at the expense of hurting and neglecting the needs of others. This is why Christ came. To tell people about love and how they are supposed to put others needs above their own. It is truly sad that many who claim to be followers of Christ (aka christians) do not put others first and care more about their own lives and bank accounts. Christ did not teach that message.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I grew up in a christian atmosphere,my father was a lay leader of the church,funny thing is around the 60's and 70's all of a sudden there were "born again" christians,and then the new thing was the Anti Christ,the bible itself is a book comprised of comprimises,as far as I'm concerned he is no different then Santa Claus,he doesn't exist

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
you're starting with a false premise that Jesus isn't / wasn't perfect.

if Jesus isn't the perfect Son of God the whole Christianity / Bible thing is worthless.

just please don't hold against Jesus what some of us his servants do, often well-meaning but inept, sometimes self-serving, sometimes ignorant etc.
Jesus is perfect; the Word is perfect. human beans are flawed.

...imho

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I agree that Western society has done bad things, but the world isn't really based on Christianity, at least not now.

For example, capitalism has little to do with the message of the New Testament.

I'm not even a Christian, just saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, I don't quite understand how you came to the conclusion that anything in the present world economic system was based on the teachings of Christ. To be honest, economics in the world works quite contrary to what Christ taught, but we're starting to delve into a whole entirely different topic with that....

Another misconception that you seem to have is the impression that the anti-Christ comes to overthrow that which is in place. Not really. If anything the anti-Christ tries to solidify the, by the time he arises, dying system through force.

edit on 1-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
For me it is really sad to see this happening to so many people. A total reversal of what is good, now being promoted as bad. Up is down, lies are now truth, etc. We see this everywhere, every day. You must break free.

Yep and the behavioural pattern is also described at Isaiah 5:20,21:

20 Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,
Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,
Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those wise in their own eyes
And discreet in their own sight!

More evidence or examples (demonstrations) in these ATS threads:

Christ is Unity: no sexism, homophobia, racism, or religious arrogance
Jesus never died for my sins because I was never a Jew under The Jewish Law of Moses

But I guess you can pick pretty much any thread in this forum or the religion&theology forum for more examples where you can also observe 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

1st *: Or “healthful; beneficial.”
2nd *: Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”

Likewise Jeremiah chapter 23. Focussing on the "to tell them what they want to hear" part for a moment, Isaiah 30:

9 For they are a rebellious people, deceitful sons,
Sons who are unwilling to hear the law* of Jehovah. [*: Or “instruction.”]
10 They say to the seers, ‘Do not see,’
And to the visionaries, ‘Do not tell us truthful visions.
Tell us flattering* things; envision deceptive illusions. [*: Lit., “smooth.”]
11 Turn aside from the way; deviate from the path.
Quit putting before us the Holy One of Israel.’”
12 Therefore this is what the Holy One of Israel says:
“Since you reject this word
And you trust in fraud and deceit
And you rely on these,
13 So this error will be for you like a broken wall,
Like a bulging high wall ready to fall.
It will crash suddenly, in an instant.
14 It will be broken like a large potter’s jar,
So completely smashed that no fragment among its pieces will be left
To rake the fire from the fireplace
Or to scoop water from a puddle.”
15 For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“By returning to me and resting, you will be saved;
Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”
But you were unwilling.

Psalm 50:16, 17

16 But God will say to the wicked:
“What right do you have to relate my regulations
Or to speak about my covenant?
17 For you hate discipline,* [Or “instruction.”]
And you keep turning your back on my words.* [Lit., “throwing my words behind you.”]

edit on 1-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Left us?

Seriously?
Yeah...

What's wrong with that and why would that scare you?

Are you a believer?

If not, why waste your SJW mojo on something you believe doesn't exist?

After all, if you don't believe something, it don't exist, right?

It's not Christians throwing people into lakes of fire, it's a God they don't believe in.

Odd way to think.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

There's tens of millions of people who were killed horribly in Adolf Hitler's little grab for political power. Many would agree that he (and the movement he spawned) was an antichrist of sorts.

Of course the final antichrist, as revealed in the bible, is demonic and will cause the deaths of more than 2/3rds of the population of the Earth (hanging and decapitation are mentioned) before he is stopped.

You pick your side.

Really? How many millions has "god" killed? (According to the Bible).
Oh wait....the motto must be "do as I say, not as I do".

According to the Bible. it's a difficult question because there are no deaths directly attributed to God Himself (it is always angels or nature or something).

Yet God did create nature where survival of the fittest allows for growth, maturity and evolutionary change. So it is obvious that God allows death to occur, as part of His plan.

And to God, death would have a different meaning, because He has revealed that it is not permanent but merely a change of state from a physical based being to a spiritual being, that spiritual being potentially having an infinite future.

Near death experiences would tend to support this, as consciousness seems to extend beyond brain electrical activity and resuscitated people describe feelings of physical well-being and contact with deceased loved ones after electrical activity cessation.

Well He IS God, so every death ever can be attributed to Him.

Which makes the question pretty moot as well as non sensical.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus' message is not wrong, it is the church and its false teachings that are to blame in my opinion along with numerous other factors. They have distorted Jesus' message ...

The antichrist is already here and has been here throughout history, it is the church and those who wage wars. The bible says many antichrists have existed and will exist again.

I recommend that channel on youtube for comparing more facts/truths vs false stories/myths+false teachings.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Not sure if Trump can be viewed as positive.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Congratulations on finding a "logical" reason to become A SATANIST.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
And notice I didn't say Christianity...because "Christianity" is a broad term for a belief system that many have used for their own power and gain, ...

You can just say Christendom to make a distinction between Christendom and (true) Christianity if you don't want to explain it everytime you want to talk about either.
Christendom: Index 1986-2016

Has Christianity Failed? Awake!—2007

The Bible’s Viewpoint

Has Christianity Failed?

ABOUT a third of the earth’s population claim to be Christian. Yet, the world seems more politically divided and more violent than ever before. Does this mean that Christianity as Jesus taught it is somehow flawed? Or, rather, does the flaw exist in the way many people apply Christ’s teachings?

This article will examine what Christ actually taught and the example he set for his followers. It will also consider a common view among professed Christians, one that is actually in conflict with the true meaning of Christianity.

A Distorted Form of Christianity

Hundreds of years after Christ’s death, a distorted form of Christianity was made a favored religion in the Roman Empire. No longer unwelcome outsiders, members of this group of professed Christians soon found themselves at the center of the political and social mainstream of Roman society. Church leaders, such as Augustine, reacted to this change by teaching that the awaited Kingdom of God had now arrived. Such leaders taught that their newly acquired political and religious influence was the means of bringing about the will of God on earth. Thus the value of human effort in directing earth’s affairs was emphasized.

As a result, many have come to believe that a Christian has a role to play in the political fabric of society. To do that, most believe, a Christian must at times subordinate certain aspects of his beliefs to the will of the society in which he lives. For example, many people pay lip service to Christ’s teachings of love and peace, while at the same time supporting vicious wars. For the same reason, churches may encourage their followers to pray for the Kingdom of God but at the same time lend support to rulers who act oppressively.

This counterfeit form of Christianity is not the religion that Jesus established. Rather, it is a man-made version and is practiced by most professed Christians today. This version of Christianity has indeed failed, as evidenced by the widespread disregard for Bible principles in all of Christendom today.

What Did Jesus Actually Teach?

Paul warned that “oppressive wolves” would infiltrate the flock and would “speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.”

“Oppressive wolves” made their appearance by the end of the first century. About 98 C.E., the apostle John wrote: “There have come to be many antichrists; . . . They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:18, 19) By the third century, apostasy had led to the development of the clergy class of Christendom, and in the fourth century, Emperor Constantine gave official recognition to this corrupt form of “Christianity.” By adopting pagan rituals and giving them a “Christian” veneer, religious leaders did indeed “speak twisted things.” The effects of that apostasy are still seen in the teachings and customs of Christendom.

True Christians Respect God’s Word:

The New Encyclopædia Britannica describes one major factor that led to twisted reasoning: “Christians who had some training in Greek philosophy began to feel the need to express their faith in its terms, both for their own intellectual satisfaction and in order to convert educated pagans.” An important doctrine that was given a pagan twist had to do with the identity of Jesus Christ. The Bible calls him the Son of God; the lovers of Greek philosophy insisted that he is God.

10. How could the issue of Christ’s identity have been settled?

10 The question was debated at a number of church councils. The issue could have been settled quite easily had the delegates given appropriate weight to the Scriptures, but most did not. In fact, the majority had made up their minds even before they arrived at the councils, and they left more deeply entrenched than ever in their positions. The canons and declarations that resulted from these meetings hardly even referred to the Scriptures.

11. What weight was given to the authority of the so-called Church Fathers, and why so?

11 Why were the Scriptures not more thoroughly considered? Scholar Charles Freeman answers that those who believed that Jesus is God “found it difficult to refute the many sayings of Jesus that suggested he was subordinate to God the Father.” As a result, church tradition and opinions of later authorities were substituted for the Gospels. To this day, many of the clergy elevate the uninspired sayings of so-called Church Fathers to a plane higher than the Word of God! If you have ever discussed the Trinity doctrine with a seminarian, you have likely noticed that.

12. What negative influence was exercised by the emperor?

12 A notable feature of the debates at those councils was the interference of the Roman emperors. In this regard, Professor Richard E. Rubenstein wrote respecting the Council of Nicaea: “Constantine had favored and enriched [the bishops] beyond their wildest dreams. In less than a year, the new emperor had returned or rebuilt virtually all their churches, given them back the jobs and honors taken from them . . . He had accorded Christian clergymen privileges formerly granted to pagan priests.” As a result, “Constantine was in a position strongly to influence—perhaps even to dictate—the course of events at Nicaea.” Charles Freeman confirmed: “The precedent had now been set that the emperor might intervene not only to strengthen the Church but to influence doctrine.”—Read James 4:4.

Trinity Doctrine, A False Teaching Of Man, Council of Nicaea (playlist)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: TruthJava
And notice I didn't say Christianity...because "Christianity" is a broad term for a belief system that many have used for their own power and gain, ...

You can just say Christendom to make a distinction between Christendom and (true) Christianity if you don't want to explain it everytime you want to talk about either.
Christendom: Index 1986-2016

Thank you for posting the very interesting articles, AND especially for the word Christendom! This will help a lot as I never thought about using it, and yes...it seems repetitious making that distinction each time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join