It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straightjacket or handcuffs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What are you talking about?

I’ve written more OP’S against Obama when he was president that against Trump

I am not obsessed by Trump.

He’s a good joke thread guy.

You’re the one with a delusion that I have an obsession with Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What are you talking about?

I’ve written more OP’S against Obama when he was president that against Trump

I am not obsessed by Trump.

He’s a good joke thread guy.

You’re the one with a delusion that I have an obsession with Trump.

Trump's only been in office 7 months and I lost count at 25 occurrences of "Trump" on your list of threads started titles. Remember, your ATS posting history is open for all to peruse in your profile, making your claim infinitely testable.

"I can quit anytime I want" says the man as he pours himself another glass of scotch and lights his next smoke with the lit butt of his previous ciggy...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sure Trump has problems but he’s a comedians and satirist’s dream.

Many of my OP’s on this forum are satire.

Entertainment

And if some people are truly offended by the myriad criticisms of Trump than perhaps they should look inside themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Don't be dense. I'm not offended by it, I'm concerned by the obsessive nature of it, particularly the incessant accusations followed by anger and doubling down when those accusations fail to manifest themselves in reality. Those are obvious warning signs as identified by mental health professionals (professionals who discuss the symptoms from a general standpoint, not quacks who "diagnose" someone without having ever met or examined them purely to garner attention and fame.)
www.mentalhealthamerica.net...

Confused thinking
Prolonged depression (sadness or irritability)
Excessive fears, worries and anxieties
Strong feelings of anger
Strange thoughts (delusions)

www.psychologytoday.com...

If you want to be happier and improve your relationships, cut out sarcasm since sarcasm is actually hostility disguised as humor.

The only thing you're satirizing is yourself at this point.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Are you a Freudian, Jung disciple, Alder, or Karen Horney?

You're the one with the obsession

check yourself out

Many professionals say Trump is disturbed, whether you like it or not

edit on 1-8-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'll go ahead and say he will be taken out in handcuffs, year 3, month 2. Along with daughter, and Jared.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Please, continue with the exercises in classical psychological projection as a deflection, displacement, and rationalization. It's pretty textbook, man.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I know more about psychology classic or any otherwise than yourself I would bet.

Anyone who goes out of his way to defend what you’re defending is basically in denial

btw, If you don’t know the names and I bet you don’t just Google them and learn something

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Both, if by straight jacket you mean is he severely mentally ill.

Most people (pundits inc) keep questioning why DJT is doing what he is doing. They say, "He should know better", for example, about any perceived criminality and chaos. They make the simple mistake of viewing DJT through their own filter of normal mental health.

But, what Trump does is how a narcissistic sociopath very well understands and reacts. Everything Trump does is exactly what a clinical narcissistic sociopath does. I've known one personally. It all makes perfect sense when viewed with this in mind.

DJT is over his head in his business and now presidential crimes, and he is a clinical narcissistic sociopath.

Note: I am not saying that all narcissistic sociopaths are criminals, just that DJT is both a criminal and is severely mentally ill.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A professional psychologist observing Trump sees things of extraordinary neurotic dimensions in Trumps words, actions, body language, and massive defense mechanisms. Trump is an analyst’s dream diagnostic subject illustrating deep psychological problems. These are objective observations not pulp political defenses.

Donald Trump has a “dangerous mental illness” and is not fit to lead the US, a group of psychiatrists has warned during a conference at Yale University

Mental health experts claimed the President was “paranoid and delusional”, and said it was their “ethical responsibility” to warn the American public about the “dangers” Mr Trump’s psychological state poses to the country.

Speaking at the conference at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday, one of the mental health professionals, Dr John Gartner, a practising psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School until 2015, said: “We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump's dangerous mental illness.”

www.independent.co.uk... .html

I rest my case

Oh, one more thing...

With all due respect, maybe you should have criticized the OP from a perspective of appearing to take Trump’s disease lightly. That I could have at least respected and looked at that as legitimate criticism.

But the usual Trump defense and attack on a presenter of truth is to me unacceptable and very pedestrian

We can always do better

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ah, then you're obviously aware of William James' works, particularly Principles of Psychology and his position on the Psychologist's Fallacy which you have paired with Proof by Assertion fallacies to generate most of your argument.

I'm not defending anything, I'm merely posting my observations. Interesting, not to mention enlightening, that you believe otherwise. I also am intrigued by "I know more about psychology classic or any otherwise than yourself I would bet" this claim. It sheds a great deal of light onto why you see the need to project an arbitrary NPD diagnosis onto someone like President Trump. It truly does.

I find that threads like this speak more to the human condition and present state of the member than to the actual intended target of the OP, but, as you are fond of closing posts with and, as I am beginning to understand why you're fond of closing posts with, Time will tell, won't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Its you, with all do respect, who to my mind is relegating my legitimate OP to a personal attack. I would remind you of your own rules, which at this time your, imho, breaking.

Just to win an argument that I think is impossible for you to win…

As to the comment of my comment, about your obvious inexpert opinion in this field, well I can’t help what I know through vast experience. Nor can I help what you don’t know.

I know what I know and I know Trump has serious problems.

Though, unlike you I wouldn’t venture to try to insult or analyze you as you have been so hasty in hurling towards yours truly.

That being the case, I wonder how you get to break the rules

Ah, I think that’s self evident

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One more thing Ill say.

Even though I did this OP in a satirical form I want to apologize to all and everyone if I appeared to take mental disease lightly. I DON’T.

I’ve seen the utter destruction that mental disease has on the human condition.

That said, on this thread I have offered serious evidence of my OP. Not just partial political wrangling.

I sincerely believe this country may be in peril and have said that this issue should be dealt by wise and compassionate means not political opportunism and the politics of destruction.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Anyway, burdman, I mean you no harm and wish you well and will respect your opinion.

I live for one thing in this life. To find truth and act with compassion and empathy to others at all times when my heart can do it.

No hard feelings we can just agree to disagree…

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Though, unlike you I wouldn’t venture to try to insult or analyze you as you have been so hasty in hurling towards yours truly.

Really? You don't see it, or at least need people to not believe that you see it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's a defense mechanism--avoidance complex---change the subject

Soon I'm going to do, if I'm still here and the Trump regime hasn't kicked me out of here, a Trump repentance group therapy OP

Look for that folks, youre gonna need it!

The fact that you don't take what's clear to sane people seriously is not a good sign of your own perceptive capacity

I would feel sorry for the country and your reasoning capacity

Do you want to say you're not analyzing people again? Do you want to say you're not projecting again? I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to productively address the root of the problem here, and, unfortunately that's going to involve some uncomfortable self introspection. Argument by repeating the same accusations and lies over and over again, despite a total failure of proof and, in fact, evidence contrary to your position isn't beneficial to the root problem here. Let go, breathe deep, and open your eyes to opinions and especially facts you've been refusing to acknowledge.

Trump isn't the reason for this thread, is he?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Anyway, burdman, I mean you no harm and wish you well and will respect your opinion.

I live for one thing in this life. To find truth and act with compassion and empathy to others at all times when my heart can do it.

No hard feelings we can just agree to disagree…

I agree and hope you realize I'm trying to help here, not embarrass.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Neither. he will serve 8 years because the Democratics will be more focused upon him rather than repairing their own broken Party. Democrats, blame Hillary, she lied and sullied your Party
edit on 2-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join