It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush was a Mass Murderer. He should be given the electric chair?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sadam was an evil son of a you know what. I'd like to know, not that's it's possible, how much support did his people truly have for American intervention.

I bet it's higher than most realize.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

War Criminal is but a euphemism, on many levels, while it distracts from the larger issue (psychology).

WC is a political viewpoint to what I'm framing as a psychological issue.

Afterall, WC doesn't drive psychopathology, its the other way around.

Likewise, this concept framed within se Geneva Conventions means one as long as they dont break such manmade "rules" then one could skip by 'undetected'. Consider Floyd Mayweather, his genius is in being able to run around inside there and win each round by technical means (scoring the most "hits") each round the scorecards inevitably determine him the "best" "boxer" each fight.

Therefore, as long as "War Criminal" is the outer most boundary in classifying these types then their kind will persist completely unacknowledged and therefore undetected.

They Live We Sleep

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I get what you're saying. Yeah, it should go beyond the designation of just breaking the rules of engagement and whatever else they use these days. I'd just like to see those responsible for senseless killing held accountable, from the top down.

Sort of along the lines of what you're talking about:
No idea if it's true or not but I'd once read that a majority of people with notable authority have some kind of mental issues. I'm not recalling clearly right now but I think there was a good documentary years ago about that called The Fish Rots From The Head. I think it was mostly about corporations though... same difference. But the idea was the higher up the chain one goes the more nuts they seem to be (or get as they go, I don't remember).

So, what's the solution? I believe government officials have to go through psych evaluations. And the PC multitudes won't allow someone to be disqualified for having the wrong combination of crazy. And if there were a way to stop that beforehand the machine would probably suppress it and say everything's fine anyway, wheelchair FDR style. Sorry, feeling a bit pessimistic tonight. I do think punishment for the unnecessary death is a good start though.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I agree op

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

They're mass murderers responsible for what half a million dead.

What should the sentence be?

When he and others like him die, they will go into the hall of memories where they will see everything they have ever done in their life.

When in the next world, our natural home, there is no sterner judge of our actions than ourselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ballad of the Middle East:

"All you need to change the world, is one good lie and a river of blood!"
edit on 1-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What about Obama and Hillary,more wars were carried out during Obama admin,they should be vying for 1st to gallows

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I believe it was Bush who said something along the lines of people chasing them down the street in an attempt to lynch them for what they've done to America.

Karma or as some people would say, Ouroborus full circle, or,the circle of life.

Personally, i would love to see a planet with people who prefer peace to chaos. Todays world is imbalanced and needs a good pole shift. Shift happens, and now would be a damn good time for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Personally, i would love to see a planet with people who prefer peace to chaos. Todays world is imbalanced and needs a good pole shift. Shift happens, and now would be a damn good time for that.

I think we really do live on a planet with people who 'prefer peace to chaos.' It could even by as high as 9/10 people don't want wars and would choose peace. The problem seems to be a small minority who keep conflicts going and drag the rest of us along with them by hook or by crook.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Research Suggests Politicians are More Likely to Be Psychopaths
Several of the characteristics that define a psychopath also correspond to the same traits that make for effective leaders. For politicians, this is especially true.
It’s important to understand that psychopathic behavior and affect exist on a continuum; there are those who fall into the grey area between “normal” people and true psychopaths.

The question, then, is whether it is reasonable to believe that people with serious abnormalities in the way they interact with the world can be found running for (and winning) office. However unsettling as this may be, the answer seems to be yes. It’s possible for psychopaths to be found anywhere — including city hall or Washington, D.C.

Research has shown that disorder may confer certain advantages that make psychopaths particularly suited to a life on the public stage and able to handle high-pressure situations: psychopaths score low on measures of stress reactivity, anxiety and depression, and high on measures of competitive achievement, positive impressions on first encounters, and fearlessness.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

hi Kandinsky,

I think the problem is, that people tend to be followers rather than leaders. They're trained that way, to follow. If just one good strong individual stood up and had the kind of charisma and draw that people are desperately seeking right now, they would follow, and things would quickly shift to a better frequency. One that aligned with the true human spirit rather than what we're witnessing in the world now. The media has far too much power as we well know. And that is part of what needs to change, you are right, most people are inherently good.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I believe it! People who prefer power and glory tend to envision themselves above others, and politics has become a joke. One that people are growing tired of. Rome fell, and i'm afraid the world as we know it will fall as well with the hope that humanity learned something this time, enough to better the world we live in rather than to enslave it once again.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I agree on that. It'd be great to see a charismatic leader come through the meat grinder with their morals and clear sight intact.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It would indeed! I think the last one that came close in America, was Kennedy. Perhaps the Universe will give us another chance to return to wisdom and mend our faults.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Half of the problem is people wanting to be led. Be your own zeppelin!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
After 16 yrs of war, look at the apathetic fool in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

We need Jon Snow type leaders..ones who do not want the power.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I think most people have lost faith in the future. It's hard to see a great leader on the horizon. On the other hand, there's lots of truth in the old saying 'it's often darkest before the dawn.'

Now, I have to say I would *much* prefer to be living through the dawn part of history rather than approaching the 'darkest' part. Interesting times!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

We need Jon Snow type leaders..ones who do not want the power.

Multivac is what we need! I hope AI is human-friendly and starts helping us to make better, more compassionate decisions. Unless it says a bloody good war will thin the herd and be good in the longer term. Jokes aside, yes, someone capable of fairness. It's always pained me that the govt. runs on the certainty that it's right and people are stupid. A strong case could be made that it's the reverse.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yes! i have to agree, like the storm before the calm. The dawn is preferable absolutely lol. : )

I hope this era we're in is the darkest, and i do believe it's nearing it's end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join