It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIRV's coming in hot from a Minuteman III missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You wouldn't have very long. If they're in sight, chances are that you're in the blast zone. Not even a fallout shelter would do you any good if it isn't blastproof.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That is absolutely insane that in this video and the original post they basically impact in the same spot back to back. The target appears to be the building to the rear of the impact. Looks like a probable simulation for a multi-detonation event; can't see how any hardened target unless it's WAY underground could withstand multiple multi-megaton detonations whether airburst or ground burst as long as they are spaced far enough apart to avoid the shockwave reflection mitigating the following explosions.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

There was a cold war theory regarding missile silo placement that basically involved dense packing the silos close together so that one detonation would throw up enough debris that it would frag any follow on MIRVS.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

It may seem counterintuitive, but I once read our bodies can withstand ~200psi whereas a typical residence will collapse with only 5psi of force.

So, if you could avoid the heat/flash, initial radiation burst and avoid missiles (projectiles from the detonation) would you be safer outside? Perhaps in a drainage culvert or ditch?

Just curious if anyone else has heard this, or if it even makes sense

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

i've always wondered the same, but i would not want to get stuck/trapped in a drainage thing or under the street. i bet you would live if you were down there before it went off and the street and concret above you would provide good radiation shielding(compared to a house)

it would be interesting living during the apocalypse

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join