It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIRV's coming in hot from a Minuteman III missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is a test of the Minuteman III missile system. The war heads were replaced with instruments to give the test personnel more accuracy readings of the flight.

its amazing they are coming in at the speed they have with out burning up

sadly the its not a HD video.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

This video needs to be fed to the fat boy over in N Korea.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Thx for the title....
I just woke up my family and told them to duck and cover

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

haha if MIRV's were flying about i would be running for the hills

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Obama had all but one warhead removed from the missiles. Only one reentry vehicle now per MM.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

hmm i did not know that. maybe that war head is the new one they were working on. I dont know why you would handicap the missile so much with out something better to replace it

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

very interesting. i guess at a point you can only nuke you enemy so many times before they are vaporized and with high accuracy weapons and small CEP's you dont need multiple huge warheads o

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Obama had all but one warhead removed from the missiles. Only one reentry vehicle now per MM.

Yeah, but the 12 Ohio class submarines that prowl the oceans still have 24 Trident misles that have 12 thermonuclear MIRV on them.
That's 288 warheads to boat.
And half of the boomers are always on patrol.
That is one terrifying weapon system.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Yeah, but the 12 Ohio class submarines that prowl the oceans still have 24 Trident misles that have 12 thermonuclear MIRV on them.

Thank god.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Thank god.

Amen

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The most photogenic launch ever from Vandenburg?

Oh man does all that equipment look expensive. Endless amounts of money.

Thanks for the video.
edit on 31-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
When I was at Vandenberg AFB training to launch those suckers, they had a high-speed photo on one of the walls in a hallway showing a warhead actually slamming through the front door of a target building mock-up on Kwajalein Atoll. That's pretty accurate even before GPS.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader
Doesn't that make just one of our Ohio class boat the 5th most powerful nuclear power on the planet?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
a reply to: Spader
Doesn't that make just one of our Ohio class boat the 5th most powerful nuclear power on the planet?

Yes in effect they are the 5-17th in terms of total nuclear power. Plus unlike alot of other countries these subs have a CEP of under 90m making it the perfect first strike weapon.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Great video thanks for sharing. Those impact videos where something special it gives you a glimpse at what nuclear Armageddon would be like. Also the video is great at showing how it all works a lot of people I think get the wrong impression on how a ICBM works, their belief is the one rocket IS the nuke and do not realise the rocket is carrying multiple re-entry vehicles

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

This video needs to be fed to the fat boy over in N Korea.

Their ICBM warheads will come in just as fast. Physics is the same there as here. 5 to 10 seconds from top of sensible atmosphere to detonation.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If they are taking off all but one nuke weapon the should replace the other warheads with high explosives just for the bang of it.
If they had to nuke north korea they could target the HE ones on the nk guns on the dmz

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

At the speed they are coming in, they don't need explosives.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

They are coming in very fast but other than a small building it doesn't have the mass.

I'm on my phone but when I get home I'll put a video up of a test of a miniut man,like(when the had many MIRV's.

It shows a close up of an impact of said MIRV, and it's not as crazy of an impact, and the test MIRV's have the same mass and everything, pretty cool.

I think they would still add explosives or have to use DU add mass in something like PGS operations

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join