It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump weighs sanctions on China for refusing to defuse Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
China takes hundreds of billions annually from the US with trade. The least China can do is do a little bit of gesture by telling NK to stop missile testing or face food sanctions. I say it's high time to punish China for being so uppity. Nixon should have never broken relations with Taiwan to kiss up to China for cheap labor.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Its so funny... ironic..

How donald Trump blames Obama, saying he is so soft etc. on North Korea.. etc..

Yet, when Obama was in office, North Korea wasnt doing missle tests every other week.

The truth lies in the actions.

No one respects Trump... and its obvious he isnt feared.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Nixon should have never broken relations with Taiwan to kiss up to China

Although the Trump administration is rectifying that situation with last month's historic arms deal.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 7/31/2017 by Wreckclues because: Something weird happened to the quote

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

To be honest i dont think there is much China can do.

I think they lost control of North Korea.

They even banned coal imports from them which was the only thing of worth china was importing from them.

Aside from military action I think China are as stuck on North korea as the US is.
edit on 31-7-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

To be honest i dont think there is much China can do.

I think they lost control of North Korea.

They even banned coal imports from them which was the only thing of worth china was importing from them.

Aside from military action I think China are as stuck on North korea as the US is.

If that was the case them Kimmy would be dead by now

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Could also be the reason why China will not help with N. Korea.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

Yah, but their overall trade with North Korea has increased, mostly in textiles, which doesn't technically violate trade sanctions, but nonetheless offsets the ban on coal imports.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Trump does this and all he does is ensure Chinese support for North Korea back to how it was during the Jiang Zemin era.

Probably heat up things in the South China sea too.

East Asia belongs to China now. Trump would be best advised to stop interfering.
edit on -050003pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Kim is a mad dog. Obama might give him money to stave him off for a while, but not forever.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Its so funny... ironic..

Yet, when Obama was in office, North Korea wasnt doing missle tests every other week.

The truth lies in the actions.

No one respects Trump... and its obvious he isnt feared.

and yet obama allowed N. Korea to continue developing its programs in violation of UN sanctions. Trump has a ways to go before he catches up with all the tests obama allowed.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thats right, blame China for US bullying of Korea.

Bully picks on kid on school ground, warning others to 'talk to' the victim , to keep them from getting another beating.

China is laughing at US. What, Americans think we are going to punish Korea for them?

America is the one raising tensions in the region, not China, not Korea.

China will not respond until and unless America actually tries (again) to conquer North Korea. Then they will come in on the side of Korea (again).

North Korea, China and Russia all have the right to defend the Asian Main Land from further US encroachment, whether it be economic, diplomatic or military.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Anyone else feel that Donald poking his big stick at china could be very dangerous??
edit on 31-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your only going to be fighting Russia,China,North Korea,Iran simultaneously what could possibly go wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why would China do anything about North Korea? They are no threat to China. We (the U.S.) will still buy all their stuff whether we like them or not.

If Trump is true to his word about America being first - pull out of S.K., Japan, the whole area - screw 'em - right? Bring everyone home...

I don't think Trump has a clue. I think China knows this - so, let him be clueless and make his own blunders.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Friends? Consider looking at a map.

N.K. nukes South? They kill potentially millions. US retaliates for our friends in S. K. also killing potentially millions, fallout reaches China and pisses them off..and Japan gets fallout too.

N.K. nukes North? Holy cow...here comes China a million men and arms strong. Millions in N.K. die...and spill over into S.K. and seas around Japan.

Its like China and US is stuck on either side of an elephant that keeps farting. Just both get rid of it...and the smell will go away....

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

If that's that case then Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam etc. will have Chinese troops occupying them.

a reply to: mysterioustranger

I wouldn't be surprised if Fat Boy has his own version of the Samson option where he'll launch nukes on everyone including Beijing should his country and him fall.
edit on 7/31/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Its so funny... ironic..

They did conduct their first successful nuclear bomb test when Obama was in office, though.

And the second.

And its first hydrogen bomb test

And its first nuclear warhead test.

And its first intercontinental missile test.

THEN Trump took office.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This would be a good idea, pressuring them to do more, but as another poster said, perhaps china lost control, or letting NK be, as their proxy to the US.

china doesn't need this as they currently in a tense situation with India on a border issue. Should that escalate, I could easily see this as a window to strike NK during that other conflict.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Occupying NK is another matter though. Sooner or later there will be insurgencies from remnants of the North Korean military and the last thing we want is another costly deadly war.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Who the hell gives any country a right to tell another country to stop testing missles? Get your head out of your a##

If the reality of Kim as a threat was that great he would've been dead a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join